Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loup
    replied
    Hi gentlemen, I have a question, It seems extraordinary version 2, version 1.9 worked very well since I instaler version 2 I still have the same error. Here is the error:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2012-12-24 13:49:44 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2012-12-24 13:49:44 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Can someone help me? Please

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    Now that btraced has been very accurate in tracking your precise location, it would be really cool to make geofences. I know we kind of do that now with locations as devices but these are circumfirential areas. Is it possible to be able to draw on a map to dictate a precise location. For instance, say you're driving down one street but you don't want to have a device on as opposed to when you're driving down another street even though they are pretty close together. Just throwing that out there. No idea if it's even possible.
    Wow! I know that is possible, but it could be very complicated, and would get even more complicated with multiple polygons. In my day job we do this with data, allowing a user to put in polygons for filtering. However, it is very CPU-intensive. More importantly, this is only a script (almost 2000 lines long, but still just a script). Until and unless I make this a plug-in, I don't see this kind of processing. At the very least, probably not going to make it in v2.1.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    I'm readying a v2.1 release. I've found and fixed a few bugs, but am still trying to track down one that is keeping Rien du Pre from being able to use it at all.

If anyone has some other issues or enhancements they want considered for v2.1, please let me know soon. I'm taking some time off relaxing at home until 28-Dec, so I have some time to look at this.

Steve
    Now that btraced has been very accurate in tracking your precise location, it would be really cool to make geofences. I know we kind of do that now with locations as devices but these are circumfirential areas. Is it possible to be able to draw on a map to dictate a precise location. For instance, say you're driving down one street but you don't want to have a device on as opposed to when you're driving down another street even though they are pretty close together. Just throwing that out there. No idea if it's even possible.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    Can Btraced support two servers? I recently purchased a new iPhone since my toddler put my last one in her mouth and drooled all over it-- destroying its ability to recharge. I have been running Latitude because it supports two servers.

Are there any other advantages to Btraced?
    Btraced cannot support two servers. You may want to continue to use Google Latitude on the second server.

There are a number of advantages to Btraced, and I discuss that in the PDF (see the download in the library thread). It gives you much more control over how and when data is uploaded, and it is private to you: no uploading to the Google cloud, although you may still need to in order to support two servers.

Steve

EDIT: I didn't notice that jayman had responded already. He's correct, and he knows better than me since he actually owns an iPhone and I don't.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    Can Btraced support two servers? I recently purchased a new iPhone since my toddler put my last one in her mouth and drooled all over it-- destroying its ability to recharge. I have been running Latitude because it supports two servers.

That's a good question. I'm not sure if they support 2 servers but I don't think so. Meaning, I don't think you can send data points to 2 different servers at the same time. Btraced is far superior to google latitude though in that you have more control over the timing of sending data points by making a set time, ie every 10 minutes, a certain distance you have moved, or both. In reference to Snevllatitude it takes out the middle man. A script does not have to run checking google's servers every minute or so. That way, data points are seemingly instantaneous. I use Btraced to announce when I have left work or to open the garage door when I get within 0.2 miles of my home. This didn't work that well with google latitude. The data points were too intermittent and unreliable. The downside to btraced is that it is using GPS constantly on your phone which of course drains the battery. Hopefully there's a way they can curb that by only using the gps at intervals, distance, etc but for right now it is a drain if you run it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    Steve as I think you know the solution works perfectly.
    Yep, got your reply. Thanks Gordon.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Gogs asked for the same thing and he's testing my solution. May not be ideal, but if it seems sufficient it is already in v2.1.

Steve
    Steve as I think you know the solution works perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    Anyway to take out "12/19/2012 5:01:13 AM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "SnevlLatitude Process BTraced" from the log?
    Gogs asked for the same thing and he's testing my solution. May not be ideal, but if it seems sufficient it is already in v2.1.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    I'm readying a v2.1 release. I've found and fixed a few bugs, but am still trying to track down one that is keeping Rien du Pre from being able to use it at all.

If anyone has some other issues or enhancements they want considered for v2.1, please let me know soon. I'm taking some time off relaxing at home until 28-Dec, so I have some time to look at this.

Steve
    Anyway to take out "12/19/2012 5:01:13 AM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "SnevlLatitude Process BTraced" from the log?

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Originally posted by bwired View Post
    Hi all
    some small tip, but i think you guys know this....
    in the GPS setting screen of btraced you can activate Distance Update Interval AND/OR Time Update Interval.
    For some of you unchecking the Time update interval might be a good option. For example if you are working in a building, it does not update all the time creating lots of the same location points. Only if you move a certain distance it will update.

Btw: Im thinking already about a new Btraced release, so im open to ideas!
    One of the things i want is take a picture and be able to upload that with latest datapoint. You can do lots of things with it, keep it private or show it on the googlemap etc.

Today i also took a long drive testing version 1.1.2. Beta and its working Ok also in the background, strange thing is still that i never had that problem on my iPhone5 with earlier versions.
    What would be cool and I don't know if this is possible, is only have btraced use gps if the phone is "on-charge". I think people would be more likely to just keep btraced running and it would extend battery life.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied

Steve

Leave a comment:

• dcdelong
    replied
    Hi all
    in the GPS setting screen of btraced you can activate Distance Update Interval AND/OR Time Update Interval.
    For some of you unchecking the Time update interval might be a good option. For example if you are working in a building, it does not update all the time creating lots of the same location points. Only if you move a certain distance it will update.

One of the things i want is take a picture and be able to upload that with latest datapoint. You can do lots of things with it, keep it private or show it on the googlemap etc.

Today i also took a long drive testing version 1.1.2. Beta and its working Ok also in the background, strange thing is still that i never had that problem on my iPhone5 with earlier versions.
    At work we have written a mobile application to track our technicians as they run routes. What we settled on is self-adjusting. In addition to distance traveled we look also look at the speed being driven and adjust the bread crumb drop to "normalize" the spacing between the points. It then shows up as a smooth line no matter what the speed. Combine that with distance at low speeds and you get a very nice pattern. To save on battery we package up the lat/longs into one packet and upload them once every 5-15 minutes depending on the packet size along with other status data on the work orders

Chris

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    Hi all

A plea for an Android version.....!

Leave a comment:

• bwired
    replied
    Hi all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X