Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
    Not sure if this info has any value but I upgraded to the new 1.1 before they pulled it and this afternoon fired it up to upload to btraced. Started a trip at 1:44, run in background with a 10 minute report time. The phone has pretty much been in my pocket untouched since then and it does appear that it is loading at every 10 minutes. With the exception of having me in the parking lot it at one point it is pretty accurate.

My trip is in the public area of btraced if you want to check out the results (you'll see my name in the info).

Chris
    What phone and ios version you using? Also, have you tried increasing the frequency?

Comment

I am using a rather new iPhone 5 with ios 6.0 (10A405) latest I am sure. I am getting ready to leave the office and head across the street. I will increase the frequency now and see if it follows me as it is only a 5 minute drive at most.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
        .................I am somewhat concerned about things stepping on each other (e.g., her phone downloading at the same time yours does), as I don't honestly know what kind of problems will happen. However, it sounds like you are not getting to that point.

Steve

EDIT - Also, I know Gogs was Beta testing with more than one phone, so I know it works. I will continue to try and help though. Perhaps when it's daytime in Gogs' timezone he can chime in too.
        Steve, and others interested,

Today, for the first time since I started testing two phones running at the same time, they managed to try and report at the same time! or at least I think that's waht has happened.

It was not a problem, just an error message:
        <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>17/12/2012 16:07:48 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script in background: SnevlLatitude.vb("BTMain","")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>17/12/2012 16:07:48 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Deleting event after run: "SnevlLatitude SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>17/12/2012 16:07:49 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SnevlLatitude: Error updating existing track point in update_track():The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>17/12/2012 16:10:15 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>17/12/2012 16:10:15 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script in background: SnevlLatitude.vb("BTMain","")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>17/12/2012 16:10:15 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Deleting event after run: "SnevlLatitude SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
        Whether or not I lost two tracking points I do not know, but nothing crashed.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

@Chris
          I was following your trip realtime from the netherlands, that was fun
          It looks good!

The accuracy has all to do with the setting of that, i have it always set at max accuracy.
          but the downside to it is that if you dont have enough satelites it will not record a point.
          Same goes when you are in a building, mostly no good signal.

We are still examining the problem regarding not recording
          keep you all posted on that
          Many regards Pieter

Comment

Worked like a champ from the application perspective. Going to change the reporting to every 15 minutes and continue to figure out the best balance between reporting and battery life. Anyone else figure out the best for both worlds?

Will load the new plugin tomorrow and play with it for a couple of days.

Chris

Comment

Worked like a champ from the application perspective. Going to change the reporting to every 15 minutes and continue to figure out the best balance between reporting and battery life. Anyone else figure out the best for both worlds?

Will load the new plugin tomorrow and play with it for a couple of days.

Chris
              Still trying various settings, but this is the one Ilike best so far, track good and battery acceptable, and the resulting Snevl track. I altered the Snevl Latitude setting for Minimum Change Distance to 0.1 for grater accuracy.

The track is extreamy accurate considering part of it is by train.
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                Still trying various settings, but this is the one Ilike best so far, track good and battery acceptable, and the resulting Snevl track. I altered the Snevl Latitude setting for Minimum Change Distance to 0.1 for grater accuracy.

The track is extreamy accurate considering part of it is by train.
                Gogs. I used those exact settings. Even changed distance to kilometers and still no dice. In the background after (longer this time) about 30 minutes it just stops recording data.

Comment

Ok Guys,
                  I think we found the background problem.
                  The problem is IO6 related, there is a new option (default on), that the notifications of new locations will automatically stop when the iOS decide. So it is probably the case where you stop getting new updates after some time.
                  We made a new version 1.1.2 and Jay (thanks for testing) did to small testing with it, for now good results.
                  There is a new beta version now on the known link.
                  Not sure when this update is in the appstore, apple goes on holiday, so shop closed until begin 2013
                  Keep you posted

Comment

Update is now in the App Store, initially we updated and it still would not upload to BTraced server, until we removed app from phone and re-installed.

We now can view data points and login to BTraced servers, next up to test with snevlLatitude.

----------------------

Boyd

Comment

Originally posted by bodissimus View Post
                      Update is now in the App Store, initially we updated and it still would not upload to BTraced server, until we removed app from phone and re-installed.

We now can view data points and login to BTraced servers, next up to test with snevlLatitude.

----------------------

Boyd
                      I am surprised that 1.1.1 has appeared in the App store, however if you can plot using BTraced servers you will be able to plot using Snevl Latitude once you have it set uo correctly.

If you need help in setting it up just ask.
                      sigpic

Comment

Today I decided to test the 1.0 app with the settings that Gogs suggested. I started a trip (uploading to bTraced) at 8:00am when I arrived at the parking lot at work. I did not remove the phone from my pocket all day till I arrived back at my Columbus home. The battery was 39% when I arrived. Also if you look at the track when I left my office on the top floor (with windows) for a meeting at 1:00ish the track is lost (expected) and that it picks back up later and tracked me home. I did not see any drop outs that I could not explain, the meeting was in an interior middle floor conference room.

I only mention this becasue I have the non-patched version.

Ok, now on to upgrading the plug-in.

Chris

Comment

Today I decided to test the 1.0 app with the settings that Gogs suggested. I started a trip (uploading to bTraced) at 8:00am when I arrived at the parking lot at work. I did not remove the phone from my pocket all day till I arrived back at my Columbus home. The battery was 39% when I arrived. Also if you look at the track when I left my office on the top floor (with windows) for a meeting at 1:00ish the track is lost (expected) and that it picks back up later and tracked me home. I did not see any drop outs that I could not explain, the meeting was in an interior middle floor conference room.

I only mention this becasue I have the non-patched version.

Ok, now on to upgrading the plug-in.

Chris
                          That sounds a good result, thanks for sharing.

The "patched version", which has re-appeared in App Store, will soon be replaced with a full version that solves a few problems, especially with io6 users.

Hang in there, this is good and worth the wait.
                          sigpic

Comment

The newest beta seems to have fixed the problem of it running in the background. Here is uploading to snevl and look how accurate. Great for automating events such as opening the garage door, announcing arrival, etc...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                              The newest beta seems to have fixed the problem of it running in the background. Here is uploading to snevl and look how accurate. Great for automating events such as opening the garage door, announcing arrival, etc...
                              Great Plot, looks very good.

Erm, what is the "Fermilab Dog Training Area" to the right of your plot?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                                Great Plot, looks very good.

Erm, what is the "Fermilab Dog Training Area" to the right of your plot?
                                Good question. I know to stay put of that area though!

Comment

Working...
                                X