Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to sleep

I'm not sure if this is a Snevl thing or the app. I have been testing the app pretty extensively today as my job involves me driving from place to place. What I've noticed is that the app tends to go to sleep. For instance, if I'm at one place for an hour and I look on hstouch I will see that it hadn't update for 15 - 30 min. However, if I then go into the btraced app it will start updating on Snevl. Happens everytime. I have the app running in the background but unless I physically press the app and go into it it doesn't seem to be updating. This is even if I drive away, once when I ended up about 10 miles away and it still didn't update unless I went into the app. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

we found the problem!
      looks like when you do a clean (new) install of btraced, uploading is not possible
      when its updated from previous btraced version it will work.
      The version is working then because you have your trips still on the phone

Patch is submitted to the appstore, will be active soon hopefully!

Thanks all for reporting
      I keep this topic posted!
      Last edited by bwired; December 15, 2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I posted some screen shots of snevl before going into the btraced app on my phone and then going into it even though it was running in the background on my phone. As you can see, it hadn't updated in over an hour but after I go into it it updates immediately. Not sure how long yet it keeps updating until it stops and of course I'm not sure if its on the btraced side or the snevl side because as soon as you go into the app it will start updating again. This leads me to believe it is on the app side.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a screen shot of the data points which again points to the app not updating even though it is supposed to as I had moved a significant distance. As you can see, there is a big time lapse between updates, between 12:16 and 1:42 pm. It only started updating when I went into the app.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure that some of the European users (those where a comma is used as the decimal separator rather than a period) will be seeing the same error that Jakob reported earlier: The script will fail with something pretty close to this:
            Code:
            System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value to add was out of range.
            Parameter name: value at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale) 
            at System.DateTime.AddSeconds(Double value) at 
            scriptcode11.scriptcode11.linux_epoch_time(String secs) at 
            scriptcode11.scriptcode11.BTMain(String dummy)
            The problem is that the BTraced XML has a double precision number in it with a period for the decimal. I think I've fixed the problem, but want Jakob to try it first. If there are others who see this and have the same error, send me an email and I'll let you try it.

Steve

Comment

I have just been informed that BTraced has been withdrawn from the Appstore to allow a small bug to be fixed, which is if you did not have V1.0 installed V1.2 cannot communicate with servers.

They are hopefull that the new version, V1.1.1 will be available by Monday (Central Europien Time).

I think they made the correct dessision to withdraw it as more people would download a version that could not connect.

Good things are worth waiting for, NO?
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                I have just been informed that BTraced has been withdrawn from the Appstore to allow a small bug to be fixed, which is if you did not have V1.0 installed V1.2 cannot communicate with servers.

They are hopefull that the new version, V1.1.1 will be available by Monday (Central Europien Time).

I think they made the correct dessision to withdraw it as more people would download a version that could not connect.

Good things are worth waiting for, NO?
                Gogs, have you had the app "timeout" after about 15 minutes running in the background? For me it doesn't stay running unless you go back in the app...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                  Gogs, have you had the app "timeout" after about 15 minutes running in the background? For me it doesn't stay running unless you go back in the app...
                  In a simple answer No.

I assume you have the switch on in the App to allow it to run in the background, if you do this is a new one on me unless you have any battery saving devices working.

I have had two iphones working this App most days and halfway across Europe in the background using 3GS and WiFi, the only difference I have noticed is that in Background not so many points are updated, this can be changed in the setting though - depends how long you wish your battery to last.

Apps timing out I have never experienced, wish some of them would!
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post

With the downloaded version from the AppStore, I have.

In fact today, it didn't upload, unless I had the app on the iPhone screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                      With the downloaded version from the AppStore, I have.

In fact today, it didn't upload, unless I had the app on the iPhone screen.
                      Right! There must be something timing it out. Mine usually rums for about 15 minutes and then stops plotting data points. The background updating tab is on in settings.

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                        I'm pretty sure that some of the European users (those where a comma is used as the decimal separator rather than a period) will be seeing the same error that Jakob reported earlier: The script will fail with something pretty close to this:
                        Code:
                        System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value to add was out of range.
                        Parameter name: value at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale) 
                        at System.DateTime.AddSeconds(Double value) at 
                        scriptcode11.scriptcode11.linux_epoch_time(String secs) at 
                        scriptcode11.scriptcode11.BTMain(String dummy)
                        The problem is that the BTraced XML has a double precision number in it with a period for the decimal. I think I've fixed the problem, but want Jakob to try it first. If there are others who see this and have the same error, send me an email and I'll let you try it.

Steve
                        Hi Steve,
                        I have exactly the same problem, and will sent you an email later today.
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                          Hi Steve,
                          I have exactly the same problem, and will sent you an email later today.
                          Rien,

If your email address has not changed, you should now have a new version to try. I sent it to the address I had from the old Snevl CID exchanges we had.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                            Brian,

I need to go look at this. I think I missed something in how I check to see if you need to upgrade. I see from a later message that you got it to work by installing v1.9 and then upgrading to v2. I assume the failed attempt was simply a clean install of v2?

Steve
                            Yes the failed attempt was with a clean install of v2.

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                              Yes the failed attempt was with a clean install of v2.
                              Ok thanks. It looks like if the database is already the correct version a clean install doesn't know that, so it is trying to upgrade the database. I need to put in some code to check if it is already the right version.

Steve

Comment

I believe I've fixed the database upgrade problem. I also had another error reported in get_last_point() that looks pretty obvious but somehow was never seen in the beta tests. I'll get that fixed tonight. Sounds like a new version will be need sometime soon.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X