No announcement yet.

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trouble shooting with the btraced team back and forth as far as the app going to sleep issue. We thought it was the Snevl server initially but the same thing happens when we send it to the btraced server. I suppose it's possible it could be an isolated problem specific to my phone. Can anyone with an iphone 5 running ios 6.0.1 confirm it is working for them? For me it works for about 15 - 18 minutes in the background before it stops recording data in the app for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
      I've been trouble shooting with the btraced team back and forth as far as the app going to sleep issue. We thought it was the Snevl server initially but the same thing happens when we send it to the btraced server. I suppose it's possible it could be an isolated problem specific to my phone. Can anyone with an iphone 5 running ios 6.0.1 confirm it is working for them? For me it works for about 15 - 18 minutes in the background before it stops recording data in the app for whatever reason.
      I have a 4s/iOS 6.0.1 and mine appears to do the same thing. For me it always seems to happen when I'm in one place for a long time. I thought it just a battery saving feature when I was using the beta version. However, with the released version I've noticed that it stops uploading when in the background, but appears to keep updating tracking and Data Points.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        I have a 4s/iOS 6.0.1 and mine appears to do the same thing. For me it always seems to happen when I'm in one place for a long time. I thought it just a battery saving feature when I was using the beta version. However, with the released version I've noticed that it stops uploading when in the background, but appears to keep updating tracking and Data Points.
        Interesting. So your is still updating tracking points and doesn't stop doing that? Because I've proved on mine that data point collection stops completely after about 15 - 18 minutes. Have you tried yours on the btraced server and Snevl to see if it is the particular server that is the problem?

Comment

Interesting. So your is still updating tracking points and doesn't stop doing that? Because I've proved on mine that data point collection stops completely after about 15 - 18 minutes. Have you tried yours on the btraced server and Snevl to see if it is the particular server that is the problem?
          I haven't tired the BTraced server. And now having thought about it, I have opened the app out of the background and found the current trip no longer active. But I think that has been when I look at it the first time after having had the phone charging all night.

I'll pay closer attention today.

Comment

When I go back into the app it looks active and is at that present time. Because it appears that going into the app "wakes it up" and it starts recording data points again (the gps arrow shows back up on the iphone and there are recorded data points starting again under "View Data Points").

Comment

Jayman,

Here's what I've found. I too can confirm the 15 minute sleep. But what I couldn't figure out was why the beta version I had been using didn't do it too.

When I was running the beta, I also was using the Apple app Find Friends. I turned Find Friends back on and BTraced continued to track and upload to my server and has been for the last 30 minutes.

Comment

Jayman,

Here's what I've found. I too can confirm the 15 minute sleep. But what I couldn't figure out was why the beta version I had been using didn't do it too.

When I was running the beta, I also was using the Apple app Find Friends. I turned Find Friends back on and BTraced continued to track and upload to my server.
                So with the apple app find friends installed, the btraced installed version works?

Comment

So with the apple app find friends installed, the btraced installed version works?
                  Installed and running. And I think the same is true with any tracking app, ie. Google Lattitude.

Comment

Installed and running. And I think the same is true with any tracking app, ie. Google Lattitude.
                    Ok. Just enabled finds friends app and will test. Thanks.

Comment

Ok. Just enabled finds friends app and will test. Thanks.
                      I tried installing and enabling the find friends app and the same thing happened. I will try latitude.

Comment

Yep. I just sent to picked up kids at school and found that tracking had dropped even with find friends running in background.

Comment

Yep. I just sent to picked up kids at school and found that tracking had dropped even with find friends running in background.
                          I'm running with latitude and it looks like it dropled off. There must be something different between the beta bersion and this one. Did you let the btraced guys know? Just want them to be aware I'm not the only crazy one...

Comment

Not yet, but I will.

EDIT: Just sent them an email.
                            Last edited by jbbtex; December 17, 2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Not sure if this info has any value but I upgraded to the new 1.1 before they pulled it and this afternoon fired it up to upload to btraced. Started a trip at 1:44, run in background with a 10 minute report time. The phone has pretty much been in my pocket untouched since then and it does appear that it is loading at every 10 minutes. With the exception of having me in the parking lot it at one point it is pretty accurate.

My trip is in the public area of btraced if you want to check out the results (you'll see my name in the info).

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                                Not sure if this info has any value but I upgraded to the new 1.1 before they pulled it and this afternoon fired it up to upload to btraced. Started a trip at 1:44, run in background with a 10 minute report time. The phone has pretty much been in my pocket untouched since then and it does appear that it is loading at every 10 minutes. With the exception of having me in the parking lot it at one point it is pretty accurate.

My trip is in the public area of btraced if you want to check out the results (you'll see my name in the info).

Chris
                                Chris, if you don't mind, what iOS version are you running and on what model phone?

Comment

Working...
                                X