Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Steve

Yes , the phone must move to update the location.
    Thanks for this plugin

Jean-francois.

Comment

Hi Steve

Just upgraded to the new version and get the following error in the log. The new page is showing V2.2 on it so it appears that it has updated but am not convinced I have got it working correctly

Also, how do I find my server address to put into the btraced server address.
      I aslo get the second screenshot when I click on the latitude button.

Help please, would love to get this working as I found the original version a tad unreliable

Cheers

Steve
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stevieboy; April 22, 2013, 10:26 AM. Reason: picture added
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
        Just upgraded to the new version and get the following error in the log.

Also, how do I find my server address to put into the btraced server address.

Cheers

Steve
        Steve,

I'm not sure what might be causing the error in Init(). That's where it should be reading your database. You say you upgraded, so you were running a v1.x version?

I don't know that it is still available, but if you got to your "About Homeseer" page (http://<your_server>/abhs) and look for "External IP address", that would be your external, Internet IP address. You'll also need to make sure you have exposed your HS web server to the Internet on your router.

If the error persists, I wounder if you would be willing to send me your SnevlLatitude.mdb file. Stay tuned for now, but we may get to that point.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

Yes not a problem, Here is my file .https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...vlLatitude.mdb My router is already visible to the outside world as I currentyl use the webserver function.

Was running version

Cheers

Steve
          Steve

Comment

Steve

Can you confirm that you received my File from Dropbox ?

Cheers

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Steve,

I couldn't do it here at work, but I went home and grabbed it. I didn't look at it yet though, but I'm sure it downloaded fine. If you want to remove it from Dropbox you can now.

Steve

Comment

ok, Thanks Steve. Help much appreciated.

Ps. Managed to get iphone comunicating with server now.
                Steve

Comment

StevieBoy,

I've looked at your database. It appears to be an original v1.9 database. The system should have recognized that in upgraded the database to the new format. Your log doesn't seem to have any messages about the upgrade failing. I don't think I get it.

Can you send me an email at snevl at msn dot com, and I'll send you a debug version to try and figure out what happened. Sorry for the trouble.

Steve

Comment

Steve, I've switched to btraced and am liking it a lot. However, it seems btraced stops a trip based on some or other criteria and I have to manually go and activate it again or create a new trip. Latitude used to just constantly send location updates. Am I mising something? Is this expected behaviour that I have to manually fiddle with btraced every time I go somewhere so that the script can track me?
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

beerygaz,

I'm not an iphone guy and don't use Btraced myself. I'm hoping one of the guys that is successfully using it everyday will chime in here.

Steve

Comment

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                        Steve, I've switched to btraced and am liking it a lot. However, it seems btraced stops a trip based on some or other criteria and I have to manually go and activate it again or create a new trip. Latitude used to just constantly send location updates. Am I mising something? Is this expected behaviour that I have to manually fiddle with btraced every time I go somewhere so that the script can track me?
                        That does happen on occasion but much less often with the most recent btraced update. If you reboot your phone or close btraced running in the background then you will have to restart or start a new trip...

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                          Btraced should only stop a trip if you physically stop it, power down the iphone or you battery gets too low.

I cannot think of any other criteria that would cause it to close a trip. Having said that I have never tried staying in one location for a long time, I mean hours, and checked if the trip is still running. When I reach my detination I stop Btraced to conserve battery until I move again.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I think I managed to fix the problem StevieBoy was having, and it appears that it would have broken the same way for anyone who was upgrading directly from v1.9 to v2.2, i.e. if you didn't go through either v2.0 or v2.1 before trying v2.2. In my effort to make the database upgrade more bulletproof I actually made it prone to fail.

The fix will be in v2.3, but so far I haven't changed anything else, so I'm hesitant to post a new version. If anyone has had Snevl Latitude fail due to the database schema upgrade let me know. I can either send the modified main script or - if there are enough with the issue - I will post a new version with just the one change.

Sorry about that.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                              Btraced should only stop a trip if you physically stop it, power down the iphone or you battery gets too low.

I cannot think of any other criteria that would cause it to close a trip. Having said that I have never tried staying in one location for a long time, I mean hours, and checked if the trip is still running. When I reach my detination I stop Btraced to conserve battery until I move again.
                              I can confirm: BTraced stops and ends a trip after some period at rest.

unlike some apps it has also not been written to restart automatically when a phone is rebooted.

given there should be a number of users now, is it time to share what we have each found as optimum settings for accuracy and minimum battery drain?

Mine are:

Run in background: on
                              Add point on turn: off
                              include points with accuracy: 100m
                              Distance update interval: 300m
                              Time filter: unticked (ie off).

I find it is very accurate, mostly pretty timely but there are times when it loses connection (eg out of 3G or wifi range) sending data and will buffer it for a while. if it then gets connection it will send a batch of 15 points and then stop sending. I have to turn the current trip off and on to send another 15 and so on until all points have been sent.

Simon

Comment

Steve a non Btraced question, well sort of.

I know there are limits on the amount of point the map will show, is there a limit on the number of points the Map Plot will show?

Today, according to Snevl Latitude I recorded 38 tracking points, but, the Map plot only shows 30. When I checked the plot about half way through all up to that point were showing, but, when I got homw and looked again the first 8 hade gone from the plot, although they were still there in the data base.
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X