Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Well, the board is indeed broken. See here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161769

I'll repost v2.4 as soon as it is possible.

Steve
    Hmm, well that's handy, I wonder how long shortly is!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Ok, I've reposted v2.4 with the missing files. No changes from the last post of v2.4.

Steve

Comment

also for your interest, it does appear as if the developers of BTraced are going to work on a tripless version of the plugin which would be great as well. I have been running followmee and am impressed with it, but personally feel direct to HS communication is better if you want to act based on location, and avoid overpolling other peoples servers etc.

Looking forward to giving the BTraced app a go when the next version is out
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

In both app I still miss the feature that we can from hs control the Update freq.

If I could instruct an app to live stream the last 1000 meters toward our house and later go back to updating say every 10 min. or less - I could really create fun and relevant events.

IMO we need a hs-app or build it into HST. I would pay my share of license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
          Best,
          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Tesla and SnevlLatitude

Thanks to Steve, the tesla is now integrated with SnevlLatitude. Tesla has yet to release it's api but it has been figured out by people much smarter than me. The tesla has its location monitored about every 2 minutes when the car is stationary and every 250 msec when moving. As you can imagine, this results in very reliable location gathering when combined with SnevlLatitude. Also, my phone battery is not dwindled. Below are instructions on how to get things going. (This appears very convoluted but is actually very easy and once you set it you can forget it).

1. Install node and teslams. Go here https://npmjs.org/package/teslams and follow the instructions. You have to install a program called node from http://nodejs.org but that is detailed in the instructions and is very easy to do.

2. Install teslams as a service. The best way to do this is to download the non-Sucking service manager here http://nssm.cc/. Then you follow the instructions here http://harjinderkamboj.wordpress.com...-using-nssm-2/ on how to install a node app as a service. On my computer when putting in options the streaming.js file was in my appdata folder which is hidden unless you tell windows to "unhide" it. After putting in the options you want to put in the parameters which will include your tesla username and password. For my full options were: streaming -u jayman.kropptopolous@gmail.com -p billbxxxxxxx -f C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\DATA\SnevlLatitude\Tesla\Tesla.txt

The reason this should be installed as a service is that others using the streaming.js program found that it would "timeout". However, when running as a service in runs continually. What you are doing by setting it up this way is putting a text file in homeseer's data\SnevlLatitidue\Tesla folder called Tesla.Txt. What this file will contain is the data derived from streaming.js. Steve's script will then parse this data and put the parameters into SnevlLatitude. Right now he is using btraced's infrastructure as it was much easier this way but the outcome is the same.

Below is a picture. I've been running the script every 5 seconds without any problems and it has been running for 4 days now. This allows for very accurate geofencing and right when you get to a location.
            Attached Files

Comment

I should point out that there is a separate script that I did for the Tesla that hasn't been posted. If anyone wants to follow Jay's instructions, he left out two important steps:
              1. Buy a Tesla! (pretty expensive compared to tracking a cell phone..... )
              2. Install the Snevl_Tesla.vb script, then edit and customize the Snevl_Tesla.ini file. The recurring event that Jay mentions (every 5 seconds seems a bit much, but I guess it is working) simply runs the script.

I'm guessing there are not lots of people who will be able to take advantage of this due to step #1, but if there is anyone, let me know and I can post the script.

Steve

Comment

I did leave that part out about buying a Tesla. A very expensive car. That said, in the state of Illinois I'm getting a $4000 dollar rebate, a $7500 dollar tax credit and I pay about 1/5th - 1/4th the fuel costs of an ICE vehicle. Not to mention its a pretty sweet ride and beats my honda civic in all except for turning radius.

Comment

Very Very Nice work guys!!

Tom
                  Tom
                  baby steps...starting again with HS3
                  HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                  HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                  Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                  In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                  System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Has anyone been using followmee with an iphone? I've been testing it with my wife's phone and it doesn't seem to work very well. Despite me changing the settings and making it a "vehicle tracker" the updates are very erratic and inconsistent. I read in their forums that this was a limitation in the ios software. But I don't think so. Even after 10 minutes or so it doesn't track as it should even when using the highest settings. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                      Has anyone been using followmee with an iphone? I've been testing it with my wife's phone and it doesn't seem to work very well. Despite me changing the settings and making it a "vehicle tracker" the updates are very erratic and inconsistent. I read in their forums that this was a limitation in the ios software. But I don't think so. Even after 10 minutes or so it doesn't track as it should even when using the highest settings. Unless I'm doing something wrong?
                      wpiman reported (here) that on his iPhone 5 the vehicle tracking didn't work very well.

Steve

Comment

Gotcha. Kind of a shame as the idea of the app seems cool. My wife teases me that she knows where I am but that she can mysteriously travel 10's of miles without me knowing where she has been. Guess I'll have to wait until btraced does something similar before I can level the playing field...

Comment

Seems like an appropriate time to mention a status update. The Backitude developer went silent for a bit, but for a good reason (he got married, and went off on his honeymoon). He's back on the case again, and is working with me to be able to send data directly to a Homeseer server. For those of us Android users who have used Backitude in the past, we know this will almost certainly be a *VERY* good solution.

Stay tuned for more!

Steve
                          Last edited by stevea; September 9, 2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

So apparently the Vehicle tracker will kick in when the phone is put on a charger. The caveat here is that an "update" needs to occur before it realizes this.

Plugging it in doesn't cause it to immediately start vehicle updating-- leaving it plugged in and having an update interval come will cause the vehicle tracking to work.

I have this running on 3 iPhones and they all seem to update just fine. Be sure that when you share the location-- you don't select GPS only...
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Just out of curiosity then why are you using followmee instead of btraced? Also, does followmee with SnevlLatitude behave differently than the other programs interact with it? For instance, the "Last Updated" device doesn't seem to change times for hours on end. Is that because followmee is a little smarter in not sending an update because it knows you haven't moved?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                                Just out of curiosity then why are you using followmee instead of btraced? Also, does followmee with SnevlLatitude behave differently than the other programs interact with it? For instance, the "Last Updated" device doesn't seem to change times for hours on end. Is that because followmee is a little smarter in not sending an update because it knows you haven't moved?
                                Yes Followme does not send if you have not moved, but it is also possible to set Btraced to do this.
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X