Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Hi Steve

I currently am using followmee but also have had btraced working before with no issues.

I will recheck my settings

Steve
    Steve

Comment

Steve ,

I have checked all the 5 parameters and they appear ok. What else can I try ?

Is there any files I can send you to check ?

Cheers

Steve
      Steve

Comment

Any ideas

I am really stuck on this :-(

Steve
        Steve

Comment

Steve,

Sorry, I didn't see your earlier reply. Notifications are pretty spotty on the board.

Send me an email at snevl at msn dot com. I'll make a version of the ASPX page that has a bit more debug so we can tell what it thinks it isn't seeing.

Steve

Comment

Ok, thanks . Will do that now , cheers
            Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Today I discovered your SnevlLatitude and it looks great for what I saw on the fora. So I tried to install the plugin into HS.
              I believe the files are all in the right directories and I modified "settings.ini" but
              how do I bring up the Snevl Latitude web page, SnevlLatitude.aspx?
              Nothing is happening after a restart of HS so probably I am overlooking something"?
              When I run the the script the first time manually I receive the error "No people/badges defined!" after the database is cleared (<1000).
              Hopefully you (our someone else) can put me in the right direction.

Peter

Comment

Peter,

You have to actually bring up the web page via your Homeseer web server. If your HS server is at 192.168.1.10, just type in this URL into your browser:

http://192.168.1.10/SnevlLatitude.aspx

From what you've said, it sounds like you haven't gotten that far yet.

From there you will need to define some people to track, and then decide on what GPS source to use (FollowMee, Backitude, or Btraced).

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the fast response, that was the answer I was looking for
                  Maybe quite obviously for a lot of people but I didn't have a clue (as a HS starter) that this is the way to get to a webpage in HS.
                  I am using Btraced from the start and today I did install Backitude.
                  Tomorrow I will dive further into SnevlLatitude!

Peter

Comment

Peter (and everyone else),

A couple of users have discovered a problem or two that I have mostly fixed here, and I need to post a new version. The problems are mostly when using Backitude. I'll try and do that new version tomorrow morning.

Steve

Comment

First - thanks for the great plugin. It's used all the time in our house.

I do have a problem with my wife's phone that I can't quite figure out. I think it's probably related to backitude, but perhaps Steve or others can suggest ways to trace it via homeseer. My Android phone/Backitude seems to work great, but for whatever reason, my wife's setup doesn't seem to be reporting correctly.

The problem is that her phone - in internet parlance - is "necro-posting." It's posting old locations (that are interspersed with new.)

An obfuscated screenshot from yesterday afternoon to this morning is attached. You can see that in spite of being home from the first 4pm location onward, her phone reports her zipping back and forth to this location multiple times. (She *was* there earlier in the day for a swim meet with the kids.)

I have tried playing with the location priority settings (prefer GPS, Wifi, etc) as well as the Timeout Fallback Options (what to do if no solid location is found) but can't seem to find settings that work.

Again, I suspect that this is really Backitude not Snvel Latitude, but I'm happy to take whatever suggestions anyone has.

Thanks,
                      Matt
                      Attached Files

Comment

Matt,

There are lots and lots of adjustments that the Backitude author allows. Sounds like you are already doing some of them, but I'd keep digging as I haven't even tried to figure out what some of them do.

This exact problem use to be common with Google Latitude. I think in most cases it was due to Latitude messing up, rather than the phone. However, it is the reason I put in the "tweaking" settings in the Snevl Latitude config. However, it mostly works when there are only 1 or 2 bad locations in a row. Looks like you've got some with double digit reports before it actually reports you back home.

I don't think there is anything in my code that could cause this to mess up this way, but if I did have something that would cause it I would have assumed I would be seeing it myself. I use Backitude exclusively, and my wife uses FollowMee. Both don't seem to have this problem.

Steve

Comment

v2.6 Posted

The library thread (here) has been updated with the ZIP file for v2.6 of Snevl Latitude. All of the changes are for bugs and minor debug enhancements, mainly having to do with using Backitude:
                          • Removed some experimental code for Tasker that was causing some problems
                          • Fixed the edit of the Btraced/Backitude table, as it was wiping out the Backitude device ID
                          • When checking to see if HS devices need to be created, only give a warning once if the devices are not in the default location
                          • Allow for locales where comma is the decimal separator when dealing with the Backitude accuracy radius value
                          • Avoid DBNull problem with the Btraced device ID

Post any questions or problems here in this thread. Thanks.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

I've been a couple of days underway but until now I didn't manage to get it to work. I made a guest account in HS and added someone in the "People" tab and I have Btraced and Backitude on my phone. I tried both my local IP address and my dns address in Btraced and in Backitude but no phone table address shows up in the "Btraced/Backitude" tab. I am using HSTouch on my phone to get connected to HS via DNS so the connection is working.
                            If I call xxxxxx.dyndns.tv:86/Snevl_Btraced.aspx from another PC I get an error back from HS so it looks the page is there.
                            So the same question again; can you put me in the right direction?

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Broes View Post
                              Hi Steve,

I've been a couple of days underway but until now I didn't manage to get it to work. I made a guest account in HS and added someone in the "People" tab and I have Btraced and Backitude on my phone. I tried both my local IP address and my dns address in Btraced and in Backitude but no phone table address shows up in the "Btraced/Backitude" tab. I am using HSTouch on my phone to get connected to HS via DNS so the connection is working.
                              If I call xxxxxx.dyndns.tv:86/Snevl_Btraced.aspx from another PC I get an error back from HS so it looks the page is there.
                              So the same question again; can you put me in the right direction?

Peter
                              Peter,

What error are you getting back from the HS machine? To not complicate things too much, try only Btraced OR Backitude to start, and don't add the other one in until we get things working.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

The error I receive when I call http://xxxxxx.dyndns.tv:86/Snevl_Backitude.aspx is "Missing some fields; Check settings".
                                Initially I tried Btraced but after I didn't get it to work I switched to Backitude to see if I could get any further.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X