Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I must be missing something.

How do I trigger a script based upon a change in the Near Places string? The device is always set to off. Ive tried value set to any, status set to any , etc and its not firing the trigger. I do have my.trigger plugin to check for string matches, but I was hoping there is something simple that I am missing.
    Paul,

You are wanting to trigger of the combined near places device, not one of the individual person-to-place distance devices? I hadn't ever intended that. I guess I can change the code to turn the device ON when there are any near places, and OFF when there are none. Is that what you are looking for?

Steve

Comment

Im trying to get a homeseer trigger to know when the individual near place changes so I can run my own script. As far as I can tell, the individual near place device only has a string and there are no status or value changes occuring when the string changes.

It kind of hard to test this as well. I have to drive down the street and wait a bit for the near place to change and see if its working !

Comment

Im trying to get a homeseer trigger to know when the individual near place changes so I can run my own script. As far as I can tell, the individual near place device only has a string and there are no status or value changes occuring when the string changes.

It kind of hard to test this as well. I have to drive down the street and wait a bit for the near place to change and see if its working !
        Paul,

I think we may still be talking past each other. Let me be a little long-winded just to make sure we are on the same page.

You can create a number of "places" in Snevl Latitude, and then you can create a number of "person-to-place" distance devices. The device string of that device is always updated with the distance that person is from that place. You define what "near" means, and if the specified person is within that distance of the specified place, the device is turned ON. If the person later moves more than "near" distance from that place, the device is turned OFF.

I use these "person-to-place distance" devices turning ON and OFF to trigger a number of events.

Now, separately, you can also tell Snevl Latitude to create and manage a "near places" device. This device is ONLY updated on its device string based on the places the person is near.

I'm guessing you can accomplish what you want with the "person-to-place" distance devices. However, I guess I may still be missing what you want to do.

Steve

Comment

I knew it was something simple. I see how to do it now. Thanks

Comment

I knew it was something simple. I see how to do it now. Thanks
            I hoped that would be the case.

Just use the status change trigger, and you should be good to go!

Steve

Comment

Erm, something has gone wrong!!!

Changed the sim on two out of the three phones and now latitude reports two of them correctly for a few hours then stops, the third phone with it's original sim works perfectly. The errors are:
              <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 abp="175"> <TBODY abp="176"> <TR abp="6232"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6233">23/08/2014 18:09:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6235">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6237">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6239"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6240">23/08/2014 18:10:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6242">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6244">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6246"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6247">23/08/2014 18:10:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6249">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6251">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6253"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6254">23/08/2014 18:11:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6256">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6258">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6260"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6261">23/08/2014 18:11:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6263">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6265">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6267"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6268">23/08/2014 18:12:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6270">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6272">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6274"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6275">23/08/2014 18:12:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6277">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6279">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6281"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6282">23/08/2014 18:13:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6284">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6286">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6288"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6289">23/08/2014 18:13:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6291">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6293">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6295"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6296">23/08/2014 18:14:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6298">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6300">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6302"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6303">23/08/2014 18:14:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6305">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6307">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6309"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6310">23/08/2014 18:15:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6312">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6314">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6316"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6317">23/08/2014 18:15:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6319">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6321">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6323"> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="6324">23/08/2014 18:16:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6326">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6328">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Suzanne'</TD></TR> <TR abp="6330"> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="6331">23/08/2014 18:16:52 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="6333">Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="6335">SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML for name 'Missie Moo'
              The tokens are correct! The FollowMee map shows everything perfectly. Any ideas?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                Changed the sim on two out of the three phones and now latitude reports two of them correctly for a few hours then stops, the third phone with it's original sim works perfectly. The errors are:
                The tokens are correct! The FollowMee map shows everything perfectly. Any ideas?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                Gordon,

I've not tried to move an existing tag between phones / SIM cards. Is it possible that FollowMee isn't allowing it? Based on what you said, I assume you are using the same phones, but with new SIM cards? Not sure how that could affect anything.

Did you have to re-install FollowMee? It might not hurt to do so, and re-do the setup just to make sure.

I know you used to use Btraced and Backitude as well. Are those still working?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                  Gordon,

I've not tried to move an existing tag between phones / SIM cards. Is it possible that FollowMee isn't allowing it? Based on what you said, I assume you are using the same phones, but with new SIM cards? Not sure how that could affect anything.
                  Yes same phones, just new sims. Deleted the two phones from FollowMee and re-installed them with FollowMee then changed the tokens in Lattitude to the new ones. FollowMee saw the new sims as new phones. Apple Corp has stopped FollowMee using the phones ID so they have had to find another way, I suspect the sim ID.

Did you have to re-install FollowMee? It might not hurt to do so, and re-do the setup just to make sure.
                  Did not re-install FollowMee on the phones, FollowMee web site has no problem tracking them.

I know you used to use Btraced and Backitude as well. Are those still working?
                  I no longer use Backitude as I did not like the Android phone I had purchased so got shot of it. Btraced is still the most reliable and did not flinch at the sim change, however does not autostart so FollowMee is ideal for I.

Steve, restarted HS last night, or rather was forced to as we had a power cut, and tracking has reported no errors today and all positions are spot on.

If Snevl Lat starts misbehaving again I'll let you know.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Btrace and Snevl Latitude v2,6

Just curious if anyone is having difficulties getting Btrace to connect back to their Homeseer install.

I am constantly getting errors "Error receiving server answer..." The server url is correct, the user / pwd is correct. Using an iPhone 5, iOS 8.

PEBKAC is the likely issue... sadly I'm in the chair so I'm having issues resolving this one.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by LCrawfo View Post
                      Just curious if anyone is having difficulties getting Btrace to connect back to their Homeseer install.

I am constantly getting errors "Error receiving server answer..." The server url is correct, the user / pwd is correct. Using an iPhone 5, iOS 8.

PEBKAC is the likely issue... sadly I'm in the chair so I'm having issues resolving this one.

Lee
                      You probably have already checked (especially if you are saying you already think it is PEBKAC), but make sure you followed all the directions correctly in the set-up of Btraced. It's pretty easy to something messed up.

I assume you are able to access the same URL in a web browser from the phone?

Steve

Comment

No love from my system... yet...

So more details: HS3 all updated to the latest and 'greatest'.

Copied contents of Zip file to correct locations, Check! Double Check!

settings.ini Check!
                        [Settings]
                        ScriptingReferences=System.Management;System.Management.dll,System.XML;System.XML.dll

Rebooted... lots of times... Check!

http://*.myhomeseer.com/snevllatitude.aspx Check!
                        Add dummy user: Lee
                        Check!

Off to step 6 for btraced setup with an iPhone...

btraced purchased and installed, Check!

Add user/pwd for HS... Check! (hsGPS1 for now)

Test connectivity... (phone to HS test http//*.myhomeseer.com/snevl_btraced.aspx)

Check!... wait... error msg, but login ok!
                        Log (from Phone using Chrome web browser):
                        Sep-24 12:33:53 Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: *.*.*.143 User: hsgps1<O</O
                        Error Msg in Browser:
                        Server Error in '/' Application.
                        Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
                        Compiler Error Message: BC30389: 'Scheduler.Classes.EventClass' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'.
                        Source Error:

Line 149: Dim eRef as Integer
                        Line 150: Dim evname as String = "SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"
                        Line 151: Dim ev As Scheduler.Classes.EventClass
                        Line 152: hs.SaveIniSetting("BTraced","File2Process",file,"SnevlLatitu de.ini")
                        Line 153: debug_print("Snevl_Btraced.aspx: Sending file '" & file & "' to be processed by Snevl Latitude")
                        Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\snevl_btraced.aspx Line: 151
                        Well darn. Anyone seen that one before?

Comment

Wait, did you say HS3? Therein lies your problem. Snevllatitude only works with HS2. Use Paul's location plugin for HS3...

Comment

This is why staying up late to experiment with HS is dangerous... and out of one rabbit hole and off to fine a new one!

Thank you!

Lee

Comment

Any way to "easily" get just the time of the last position?

Under the People options, I have a devicecode which gets the "Update Date/Time Device" However, I'm playing with some speech events, and having the date spoken is unnecessary.

Any way to either strip off the date, or get a new devicecode which would only contain the time?

(I basically just want to have HS speak "As of TIME, Jim was at LOCATION")

thanks
                              Matt

Comment

Matt,

I'm on the road right now and can't look at the specifics, but I would think you should be able to do a short script that would just take the time part. If nothing else, splitting the date/time string on the space between the date and time would work. Perhaps someone else can jump in with a quick solution, else I'll look at it when I get home next week.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X