Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt91 View Post
    Any way to "easily" get just the time of the last position?

Under the People options, I have a devicecode which gets the "Update Date/Time Device" However, I'm playing with some speech events, and having the date spoken is unnecessary.

Any way to either strip off the date, or get a new devicecode which would only contain the time?

(I basically just want to have HS speak "As of TIME, Jim was at LOCATION")

thanks
    Matt
    In a script this is quite easy to do
    Code:
    hs.speak (left(hs.devicestring (A1),5))
    change A1 to whatever the device is you wish to speak, also I have this running for other things so the number of characters to speak may be wrong, that's the 5 in the string.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Altitude in feet

If you are running Backitude and you want altitude in feet just modify the Snevl_Backitude.aspx file in Notepad.
      Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=485

So now what can I do? Not really worth 10.00 a month.

Thanks,
        Tim
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=485

So now what can I do? Not really worth 10.00 a month.

Thanks,
          Tim
          $9.99 per month is a bit steep, however the data should be downloadable for $1.99 per month albeit you can only download one device at a time.

Now the next problem is will Snevl latitude work with this?

Over to you Steve.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hmmm... Well, that explains why it quit working for me a few days ago.

Personally, I'll probably switch back to Backitude. I don't know anything about the subscription API, but my guess is I could add it to Snevl Latitude. Is anyone really going to pay the $10/mo?

Steve

Comment

Well, right after I switched my phone back to Backitude and uninstalled FollowMee, I see over in Paul's thread that the cost actually isn't that much.

If there are at least a few people interested (us old HS2 guys), let me know and I'll see what it would take.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                Well, right after I switched my phone back to Backitude and uninstalled FollowMee, I see over in Paul's thread that the cost actually isn't that much.

If there are at least a few people interested (us old HS2 guys), let me know and I'll see what it would take.

Steve
                Unfortunately Backitude is not an option for me as I have an iPhone. Looking at Followmee's web site I recon the cost would be $1.99 per month and as I had a lot of events triggered by the phone's location and conditions set for me it would be worth $1.99 per month.

So count me in for 1 as I am running dual HS2/3, HS2 running everything and HS3 for z-wave.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess I'm lost where the 1.99 part is.
                  When I looked at the Followmee site, I thought it was 1.99 for each set of data or 9.99 for the whole bunch.

Thanks,
                  Tim

ps - were you talking about just this?

Web Service API
                  Web Service API feeds location data to your own application or web page. It returns data in JSON or KML format. The API functions include current location, location history for your devices. With this API service, it is possible to share location of multiple devices, or embed map of your live location in your web site. Once you have an API key, you can access this location share function in your account page. For API documentation, See API documentation page.
                  $1.99 per device per month
                  $1.16 if prepay for one year, or as low as $0.58 for account level subscription

Then yes, count me in.
                  FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                    I guess I'm lost where the 1.99 part is.
                    When I looked at the Followmee site, I thought it was 1.99 for each set of data or 9.99 for the whole bunch.

Thanks,
                    Tim

ps - were you talking about just this?

Web Service API
                    Web Service API feeds location data to your own application or web page. It returns data in JSON or KML format. The API functions include current location, location history for your devices. With this API service, it is possible to share location of multiple devices, or embed map of your live location in your web site. Once you have an API key, you can access this location share function in your account page. For API documentation, See API documentation page.
                    $1.99 per device per month
                    $1.16 if prepay for one year, or as low as $0.58 for account level subscription

Then yes, count me in.
                    Tim,

Yes, just the Web Services API would be all you need *IF* I can manage to make the changes. Gogs already bit the bullet and provided me the info so I can give it a try. If I were you, I'd stand by until you see me post here that the changes seem to be getting done. Since I'm retired (with lots of other hobbies besides HA now ), I'm not sure if or how long such changes will take. I'm going to take a look at it in the next day or so, and should have a better feel.

Steve

Comment

This is something I need to get running again.
                      My change though, is I decided to firewall off my entire LAN. Now, the only way to access it from the outside is VPN or through Google Cloud Messaging.

I'll have to change something to get this to work again.

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

All,

The changes to parse the subscription Web Service API data is relatively simple. The old undocumented KML was almost identical. So that part is easy.

However...

The API needs the "DeviceID" number for your phone, which I will need to add to the database. Adding fields to the database is always a bit more complicated, but through the history of Snevl Latitude it looks like it has changed 9 times already. I guess one more isn't too bad.

Anyway, I'm working it some over the next couple of days, wedged in between some other projects I have going. Stay tuned.

Steve

Comment

Ok, the changes were simpler than I thought they would be. It seems to work for me, but I've sent a Beta over to Gogs to try out. Stay tuned.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                            Ok, the changes were simpler than I thought they would be. It seems to work for me, but I've sent a Beta over to Gogs to try out. Stay tuned.

Steve
                            The BETA works perfectly, so as Steve say's stay tuned.

We are now in a situation with Followmee where we have to pay for this feed. I think you have to decide whether you actually require this facility or not.

For I, I have so much HS stuff designed around the status of peoples positions, that for I it is worth the meagre subscription for the info.

It has been supplied free by Followmee for a while now, all good things come to an end.

I would like to thank Steve for his quick response, even as he is busier now that he has retired, but, found the time to sort this little problem quickly.

Thanks, Steve.
                            sigpic

Comment

v2.7 Posted

The first message of the Snevl Latitude library thread (here) has been updated with v2.7 of Snevl Latitude. The only change in this version is to support the new subscription-based Web Service API for FollowMee. No other changes were made.

If you are upgrading from v2.6:
                              1. Only the main script (SnevlLatitude.vb) and the main web page (SnevlLatitude.aspx) have changed. No other files need to be copied over from the ZIP.
                              2. Before upgrading, disable the periodic event that runs SnevlLatitude.vb.
                              3. v2.7 will upgrade the schema of the database from v9 to v10. While this should go smoothly, I'd recommend making a backup of the database (Data/SnevlLatitude/SnevlLatitude.mdb) before doing the upgrade.
                              4. Copy over the two files mentioned in the first bullet.
                              5. Manually run the SnevlLatitude.vb script, via the now disabled event. Watch the Homeseer log. You should see messages that the database has been upgraded.
                              6. Now bring up the Snevl Latitude web page (SnevlLatitude.aspx) and click on the FollowMee tab. Follow the instructions on the bottom of the page to fill in the fields for the new API.
                              7. Re-enable the periodic event that runs SnevlLatitude.vb

If you have any issues or questions, post them here in the discussion thread.

Steve

Comment

I have been very inactive with Homeseer lately; just check my server and I have pages and pages of KML errors.

Crap.
                                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                                X