Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    I have been very inactive with Homeseer lately; just check my server and I have pages and pages of KML errors.

Crap.
    How are you getting the tracking data, Followmee by any chance?

If it is Followmee then they have recently changed their set up, see aove posts.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
      The first message of the Snevl Latitude library thread (here) has been updated with v2.7 of Snevl Latitude. The only change in this version is to support the new subscription-based Web Service API for FollowMee. No other changes were made.

If you are upgrading from v2.6:
      1. Only the main script (SnevlLatitude.vb) and the main web page (SnevlLatitude.aspx) have changed. No other files need to be copied over from the ZIP.
      2. Before upgrading, disable the periodic event that runs SnevlLatitude.vb.
      3. v2.7 will upgrade the schema of the database from v9 to v10. While this should go smoothly, I'd recommend making a backup of the database (Data/SnevlLatitude/SnevlLatitude.mdb) before doing the upgrade.
      4. Copy over the two files mentioned in the first bullet.
      5. Manually run the SnevlLatitude.vb script, via the now disabled event. Watch the Homeseer log. You should see messages that the database has been upgraded.
      6. Now bring up the Snevl Latitude web page (SnevlLatitude.aspx) and click on the FollowMee tab. Follow the instructions on the bottom of the page to fill in the fields for the new API.
      7. Re-enable the periodic event that runs SnevlLatitude.vb

If you have any issues or questions, post them here in the discussion thread.

Steve
      Steve

I am a new user of your plugin. I followed the directions but cannot get past adding a person. Something is missing when it tried to INSERT

Screen attached

Thanks

Will
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
        Steve

I am a new user of your plugin. I followed the directions but cannot get past adding a person. Something is missing when it tried to INSERT

Screen attached

Thanks

Will
        Will,

Now that I think about it, I believe I didn't updated the empty database to the new version in the ZIP. So you can't run the web page until the database is updated.

I believe this will fix it: You will be setting up an event to run the SnevlLatitude.vb script periodically. For now, create it as a manually triggered event, and then manually run it. You should see in the Homeseer log that it is upgraded the database. Then you should be able to bring up the web page.

I'll fix the ZIP to put in the upgraded database.

Steve

Comment

Steve

I did what you said but it opened up more problems. As I read more into this thread I didn't realize this was for HS2. Sorry about that but thank you for the quick response!

Will

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
            Steve

I did what you said but it opened up more problems. As I read more into this thread I didn't realize this was for HS2. Sorry about that but thank you for the quick response!

Will
            Ah, well, that would certainly cause a problem! This will never work with HS3.

Board member sooty (Paul) has done a plug-in that does pretty much the same thing for HS3. Look for "Location Plug-In".

Steve

Comment

Steve,

It has been a LONG time since I had time to really do anything with my HS system. It has been pretty stable (yey!). Anyway, I thought I'd just jump back in and start up using SNEVL Latitude again.

I am still on HS2 for my desktop and I am on version 1.6 of Latitude (EEK!).
              It appears to me that this still runs on HS2?
              Is upgrading to 2.x still as easy as the download thread page seems to indicate (replace files, leave the data files alone, open and everything gets brought up to date)?

I had a slew of what looks like pieces of code to allow Tasker to integrate with this. However, after looking over the thread and seeing that the last post was 2013, I thought I'd better do a forum search. I then find, V2! Ok, I then see that in v2.6 you removed Tasker code.

So, if I did not want to use another service, is there still a way to "ping" the Latitude plugin with a call to a webpage, or to a script? I run Event Ghost and AutoRemote on my phone - which will allow me to get through my dual firewall setup. For now, due to some security concerns, without VPN I cannot access my HS Server any longer. I'd hate to have to kick on VPN each time I access my server.

Anyway, I see you have support for Btraced. Seems like a service? I'm willing to put in the effort to get Tasker to send AutoRemote messages to my EventGhost, then have that either call a script or webpage with variables set (which is what I think we were doing in the 1.6 Tasker code - at least from the looks of the two files that I cannot find a source for - maybe they were one-offs you sent to me for testing?).

Anyway, I am glad to find this project still going strong! Any direction from anyone would be very helpful. While I have time to mess with things now, I have less time that I used to - so I want to try to minimize spending time on solutions that will not work.

Thanks again for an AWESOME project!

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Steve,

your Snevl Latitude and Btraced.pdf document was really helpful. I see that while Btraced can be setup to not send data to a server, I still cannot use it due to the new network setup.

my HS server does not have access from outside - hence the need for VPN, however I also do not like the FollowMe / Original Latitude configuration. I tolerated the Latitude configuration with Latitude only because ... well, Google is tracking all that anyway because I use Google Maps. That is ONE service that I am willing to "pay for" using my location information (remember all, there is no free lunch).

Anyway, your comments on this would be most appreciated. I'd love to get this running again, and feel comfortable bouncing the data through AutoRemote (Google's servers).

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan,

Yep, I'm still here, and still using HS2 myself. The world seems to have moved on to HS3, so I don't bother coming to the board as often. When I do, it makes me glad I'm still on HS2.

Upgrading should be fairly easy. I'm honestly not sure what v1.6 was like, but if you follow the instructions, it tries to figure out what version of the database you have and make all the right changes to it. Worst case, you may need to start a fresh install with a clean database from the ZIP.

I didn't know I had taken anything out for Tasker. I know I messed with Tasker myself, but I just had it set the status of my Home / Away device separately from Snevl Latitude. What did it used to do differently that I don't do in the newer versions?

As for BTraced: Although there is a Btraced service and web site, the way it works with Snevl Latitude is by contacting your Homeseer directly from your phone. Sounds like that may be a problem if you have outside access blocked. I used it for a while, but as others have experienced, it tends to use more battery on the phone than other solutions. If you have an Android, you could use Backitude instead. Both iOS and Android devices work with the new pay-to-play service from FollowMee, which is what I personally use. You are right that they store your location on their server, but I don't personally see much risk in that. I don't know anything about AutoRemote (didn't hear of it until you mentioned it), so I can't be much help.

Let me know if there is something I can do to help.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I'm not sure what changed. Just noticed in the change log something along the lines of "removed Tasker functionality that was interfering with other ...something or other".

Autoremote is a more basic version of that Pushover plugin. Basically, it uses GCM to pass messages. With those messages, you can then trigger Tasker or EventGhost actions. For me, I use it to trigger EventGhost actions using the EventGhost Homeseer Plugin - which allows me to trigger Homeseer Events or change device values / status. It also lets me do anything else that EventGhost can do.

It also works the other way around where Homeseer can trigger EventGhost (command line) and then using Python or any EventGhost plugins, I can do "Stuff" which then I can eventually fire a message to my Phone's Tasker Plugin. The annoying thing is I tried for a LONG time to get something setup without using a third party (GCM), but I think I'm ahead of the game. There is one promising program on the F-Droid repository called MAXS. It was not stable enough (it is in Alpha). It also required me to setup a XMPP server, which was no big deal - although I would have had to have a port open. With the SSL certificate, probably would be OK - but I'd have to work out some kind of DMZ or something.

Anyway, that was also really only a Server to my PHONE solution.

So, with Autoremote, I can pass messages back and forth as well as links to things I want to download (EventGhost loads a file on Google Drive, then tells me phone to open that file, or vise versus). My plan would be, whatever I need to make the webpage happy (looks like the Tasker functionality, or anything else that I can replicate using EventGhost) might be the way for me to get this working again?

So, question for you. If I wanted to just access a webpage with some information to pass INTO the database, what do I need to do? Do you remember if that is that still in there? If you need me to test first, I can try to mess around with it and get back to you, but basically instead of using Btraced or something to pass information to the server or to another server that your webpage accesses, I intend to use AutoRemote to send the data to my server.

--Dan

Comment

Since a re-build and re-start Lattitude can no longr connect with followmee
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>30/01/2016 16:43:24 </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SnevlLatitude failed to retrieve data from FollowMee/Latitude 2 consecutive times.</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>30/01/2016 16:43:24 </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>SnevlLatitude failed to retrieve data from FollowMee/Latitude 2 consecutive times.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                      any thoughts
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,

I use FollowMee all the time on my phone and my wife's phone, and haven't had any problems here. You could turn on debug and gather some info that way.

I assume you do have the new FollowMee API subscription, right? Also, make sure the entries in the FollowMee tab are correct.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                          Gogs,

I use FollowMee all the time on my phone and my wife's phone, and haven't had any problems here. You could turn on debug and gather some info that way.

I assume you do have the new FollowMee API subscription, right? Also, make sure the entries in the FollowMee tab are correct.

Steve
                          Thanks Steve, I will double check the setting to-morrow
                          sigpic

Comment

Steve, don't know if this is significant or not, full log entry when latitude triggers

[quote[01/2016 19:15:28 Error Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --- System.ArgumentException: Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Mid(String str, Int32 Start, Int32 Length) at scriptcode6.scriptcode6.meteoalarm(String query) at scriptcode6.scriptcode6.Main(Object Parms) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
                            30/01/2016 19:15:28 Error SnevlLatitude failed to retrieve data from FollowMee/Latitude 2 consecutive times. [/quote]
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Steve still no joy with latitude, here is the debug log:
                              2016-02-01 12:43:28Z ... Error reading data from FollowMee, error count = 0, msg = System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
                              at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
                              at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
                              at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
                              at scriptcode2.scriptcode2.GetFollowMee(BadgeClass& b)
                              2016-02-01 12:43:28Z ... Was attempting to load 'http://www.followmee.com/kml.aspx?token=a690c1a0-3151-467b-a850-fe066ae79488'
                              2016-02-01 12:43:28Z ... Error reading data from FollowMee, error count = 1, msg = System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
                              at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
                              at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
                              at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
                              at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
                              at scriptcode2.scriptcode2.GetFollowMee(BadgeClass& b)
                              2016-02-01 12:43:28Z ... Was attempting to load 'http://www.followmee.com/kml.aspx?token=6e73a791-705c-44a9-ac1e-3f169d48c708'
                              went to replace the token and it looks like FOllowmee have changed their website,I no longer get a token but a key instead!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                                Hi Steve still no joy with latitude, here is the debug log: went to replace the token and it looks like FOllowmee have changed their website,I no longer get a token but a key instead!
                                Gordon,
                                That change was made by FollowMee quite a while ago. It broke all support for FollowMee, until I put up version 2.7 last May. Before there was a back-door free way to get your location from FollowMee. They apparently figured out what people were doing. Now you have to pay for a subscription to use their API. When you do so, they will give you an API key, which is required with the device ID to continue to use FollowMee. I don't remember exactly, but I think they charge something like $15 for the year.

I'm a little surprised you are just seeing this. Did you stop using FollowMee sometime before May of last year?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X