X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevea
    replied
    Matt,

Hmmm... I don't have a clue. I've never tried it, and I don't know what is required on the part of my web pages to support HTTPS. I'll try and find some time to look into it.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• mathd
    replied
    HTTPS support

Hi Steve,

I have HS set up with https support and I would like to use your plugin through https. For some reason it does not seem to work.

https://myhsserver.mydomain.com/SnevlLatitude.aspx will load the Snevl Latitude page but when I click any of the links to get to other sections of the plugins I get "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

When using http I can get to any sections of the plugin without any issues.

Same goes for BTraced, if I put HTTPS it won't upload, when using HTTP it works fine. This may be related to the fact that HS uses a self-signed certificate.

I don't see this behaviour with other plugins. Any idea of what might be causing this?

Mathieu

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Steve

Loving the setup using Backitude as a car tracker, works great.

It would be nice if there was the ability to monitor battery status as in Btraced.

Is this something you may have considered ?

Thanks for an outstanding bit of work !

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Steve,

As the Backitude developer and I were corresponding to get it working with Snevl Latitude, I did mention that Btraced sends a battery status. I don't know if he didn't pick up that info or simply decided it wasn't worth adding. Anyway, if Backitude would send it I would be happy to put it into a device, since the stuff is already there via Btraced.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Stevieboy
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Steve

Loving the setup using Backitude as a car tracker, works great.

It would be nice if there was the ability to monitor battery status as in Btraced.

Is this something you may have considered ?

Thanks for an outstanding bit of work !

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

• Jakob.Sand
    replied
    Same postion timer

Would it be possible to create device called something like Person X has been in the same position for xx min/hours?
    This way I could get a notification when my kids where leaving from somewhere not known, where they had been for more than say 30 min. Typically a friends place I do not wish to create as a location.

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Well, just to make sure I just downloaded v2.6 and looked at the code. It is still set to 500 points maximum, so I don't know what could be limiting your track.

Steve
    This I think was just a Glitch.

171 plots all showing in the Plot Map.

In other words it's working perfectly again.

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Well, just to make sure I just downloaded v2.6 and looked at the code. It is still set to 500 points maximum, so I don't know what could be limiting your track.

Steve
    Strange one, I'll work on it at this end.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    Todays track contains circa 51 plots, the map cuts off the track after circa 40 plots!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    I didn't decrease it in v2.6. In fact, that file wasn't changed at all except for the version number displayed. The max number of points is still 500. I'm on the road right now and not able to look at my CM history, but I'm certain I didn't change it.

Perhaps you purged enough older points in the track history that there simply are not very many to plot?

Steve
    Todays track contains circa 51 plots, the map cuts off the track after circa 40 plots!

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    Thank's Steve, it's all working again except I notice the ammount of tracks/points in the "Lattitude on Map" has greatly reduced again.

Any chance of increasing the points again, or could it be made a variable in the config?
    I didn't decrease it in v2.6. In fact, that file wasn't changed at all except for the version number displayed. The max number of points is still 500. I'm on the road right now and not able to look at my CM history, but I'm certain I didn't change it.

Perhaps you purged enough older points in the track history that there simply are not very many to plot?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Gogs,

The error you've posted is only trying to parse FollowMee data. One thing to try there is to go to the FollowMee table in the Snevl Latitude page and click on the "Test" link. It should bring up your location on the FollowMee web site. If that doesn't work, the FollowMee app isn't reporting your location.

For Btraced, if you turn on debug (again via the Snevl Latitude web page, under configuration) you should get some debug in the Logs directory every time the Btraced app tries to send data.

Steve
    Thank's Steve, it's all working again except I notice the ammount of tracks/points in the "Lattitude on Map" has greatly reduced again.

Any chance of increasing the points again, or could it be made a variable in the config?

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Peter,

If you are using Backitude as your only GPS source, you don't need to have an event that runs the script. It doesn't work that way. What should happen is that your Backitude app (on the phone) should send some stuff to your HS server via the Snevl_Backitude.aspx page. That will cause SnevlLatitude.vb to be run. So you should be able to delete / disable your "Trace" event.

I was pretty convinced last time that you had not correctly set up the Backitude app. If you can get the app to try and send something to your HS server, v2.6 has some additional debug that will get printed in the HS log.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Broes
    replied
    Peter,

If you download and install the new version I posted a couple of days ago (v2.6) it has some additional info in the log about what is missing.

I may not have written them as clear as I could, but others have had some problems getting the Backitude app set up exactly as needed. Make sure you read the instructions for how to do it (sorry, I didn't do them in Dutch).

Steve
    Hi Steve,

This week I installed V2.6 and I did the whole exercise again but unfortunately still no result. There is no table in HS after I "Run Test" in Backitude.
    Any ideas?

Peter
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Gogs,

The error you've posted is only trying to parse FollowMee data. One thing to try there is to go to the FollowMee table in the Snevl Latitude page and click on the "Test" link. It should bring up your location on the FollowMee web site. If that doesn't work, the FollowMee app isn't reporting your location.

For Btraced, if you turn on debug (again via the Snevl Latitude web page, under configuration) you should get some debug in the Logs directory every time the Btraced app tries to send data.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Hi Steve,

Interesting development with Snevl Lat. Two days ago it decided it was going on strike and refused to update locations from both Btraced and FollowMe!

Regardless of what I tried it would not budge, so I decided that the data base (mdb) had become corrupted. Tried repairing the data base using Access to no avail.

Took the bull by the horns and did a full install of 2.6 then re-entered all the setup info, was not that bad to do as I opened a backup mdb in Access and copied and paste the data except for Btraced and now appear to be back up and running.

One exception!
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" abp="175"><TBODY abp="176"><TR abp="3313"><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="3314">23/11/2013 18:26:50 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="3316">SnevlLatitude </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="3318">Error extracting reverse geocode data (block 1) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR><TR abp="3320"><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="3321">23/11/2013 18:26:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="3323">SnevlLatitude </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="3325">Error extracting reverse geocode data (block 1) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR><TR abp="3327"><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="3328">23/11/2013 18:26:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="3330">SnevlLatitude </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="3332">Error extracting reverse geocode data (block 1) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR><TR abp="3334"><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left abp="3335">23/11/2013 18:26:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left abp="3337">SnevlLatitude </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left abp="3339">Error extracting reverse geocode data (block 1) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR><TR abp="3341"><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left abp="3342">23/11/2013 18:26:51 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left abp="3344">SnevlLatitude </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left abp="3346">Error extracting reverse geocode data (block 1) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Now this could be a one off, I do not know yet, as I re-uploaded old data from Btraced to test if Btraced was working.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X