X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Well, the board is indeed broken. See here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161769

I'll repost v2.4 as soon as it is possible.

Steve
    Hmm, well that's handy, I wonder how long shortly is!

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Well, the board is indeed broken. See here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161769

I'll repost v2.4 as soon as it is possible.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    The board seems to be having some problems. I went back and removed the old v2.4 from the library thread, but when I tried to upload the replacement I got a database error from the board. I tried again several times, but got the same error. I've contacted Rupp, but for now I guess there is no v2.4 to download.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by mathd View Post
    Steve,

I did a fresh install from the latest 2.4 zip file but it is missing the Snevl_Btraced.aspx file. Any chance you could upload it?

Thanks,
    Mathieu
    Yep, sorry about that. Here's the missing file. I will repost v2.4 as well.

Steve
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mathd
    replied
    Steve,

I did a fresh install from the latest 2.4 zip file but it is missing the Snevl_Btraced.aspx file. Any chance you could upload it?

Thanks,
    Mathieu

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by simonog View Post
    Steve
    I completely understand. It is useful to have a device property which is On or Off for appropriate devices and clearly a stable interface is crucial.

When you feel it is at that stage, and if you are up for conversion, I am more than willing to assist. The offer is open!

Simon
    This slight problem with the Status being on/off is not unique to Snevl.

My heating/fan control requires the temperature store as the value and it also has to know whether the ting is on or off, that means 2 devices per device (if that makes sense) and a lot of re-writing of scripts, also the majority of my exterior and interior lighting has the same problem.

So like Steve, I am not moving until they decide what the release version is going to do.

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    I'm reserving judgement on HS3. I'm not inclined right now to spend the time required to change everything to work with the Rube Goldberg device interface, knowing that they are still apparently changing it. Even then, it appears that the device ON/OFF/Value thing is a decision they made for who knows what reason, and that will break some things. Once there is some indication that the scripting interface is somewhat stable and near final, I will consider it.

Steve
    Steve
    I completely understand. It is useful to have a device property which is On or Off for appropriate devices and clearly a stable interface is crucial.

When you feel it is at that stage, and if you are up for conversion, I am more than willing to assist. The offer is open!

Simon

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by simonog View Post
    Snevl Latitude (which might need renaming one day given Google's change!) is one of the most useful scripts I have for HS. Thank you!

Now to the bit which you might be less interested in .

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been experimenting with the beta of HS3. In summary, I really like it. It is a more soundly architected product and will move away from some historical constraints. I think it is already surprisingly robust for a beta.

If you decide to migrate the script to HS3, I for one would be delighted to do whatever I can to help including testing. While I think it would work perfectly well as a script still, HS3 offers the opportunity to make something as useful as snevl_latitude a standalone program, communication with HS3. It can then be run on any convenient PC, not necessarily the HS one, as long as there is a network connection between them.

Simon
    Simon,

There are somethings I do in Snevl Latitude that their current script API simply breaks. In HS3 (if I understand correctly) a device ON or OFF is now tied to the device value. A value of 0 means it is OFF, and non-zero means it is ON. Snevl Latitude took advantage of the fact in HS2 that ON/OFF was completely separate from the device value. For the distance devices, I always update the value with the distance (tenths of miles or tenths of kms) the person is from the place, and turn the device ON or OFF depending on how that distance compares to the near value for that place. So, a value of 0 would mean the person is at the place, so the device should be ON.

Perhaps more importantly, they have apparently decided to take out lots of very convenient functions, making basic interaction with devices very complicated for what appears to be no good reason. It sounds like they are still designing this stuff, which is a bit of a shock given that they rushed out the "one time good deal" for people to upgrade. I personally would like the design to be done, even if it still has some bugs.

I'm reserving judgement on HS3. I'm not inclined right now to spend the time required to change everything to work with the Rube Goldberg device interface, knowing that they are still apparently changing it. Even then, it appears that the device ON/OFF/Value thing is a decision they made for who knows what reason, and that will break some things. Once there is some indication that the scripting interface is somewhat stable and near final, I will consider it.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by karls View Post
    Steve,

I had just noticed in the last couple of days, the add-on for FollowMee. I decided to give this a whirl since latitude is gone and btraced does not work well enough for me. Now that FollowMee is up and running quite well, I was just going to suggest to add a hyperlink as you mentioned above.

One twist I had in mind though, is it possible to utilize the radius and not only include the coordinates, but the defined radius around the pin point? I have several points of interest in close proximity, and find it difficult to determine what radius to specify.

Might I also suggest when adding a new place, that it gets added as "aaa". Now that I am getting up to 6 or 7 tabs of places with more to add, it is getting difficult to determine what tab Shangri-La is located on.
    One other thought may be to have the ability from the people log tab, to add a location to places directly from the current history.

Keep up the excellent work on this great add-on.

Steven
    Steven,

Adding the radius would be a pretty big change. As it is now, I just open Google Maps with the Lat/Lon of the point. I would expect that adding a circle would mean using an embedded Javascript instance and the Google API to draw, like I do with the active map plot of data. Not sure I want to go there.

Good idea on changing the name of a new place to "aaa" or something like that. The Shangri-La was meant to be cute, and I had never imagined someone would put in seven tabs of places. I'll put that in.

The "test" link on places is in the version I'm working with and does seem helpful.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    Snevl Latitude (which might need renaming one day given Google's change!) is one of the most useful scripts I have for HS. Thank you!

Now to the bit which you might be less interested in .

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been experimenting with the beta of HS3. In summary, I really like it. It is a more soundly architected product and will move away from some historical constraints. I think it is already surprisingly robust for a beta.

If you decide to migrate the script to HS3, I for one would be delighted to do whatever I can to help including testing. While I think it would work perfectly well as a script still, HS3 offers the opportunity to make something as useful as snevl_latitude a standalone program, communication with HS3. It can then be run on any convenient PC, not necessarily the HS one, as long as there is a network connection between them.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• karls
    replied
    Suggestions

This has me thinking of something I will add to the next version: I'm going to put a button/link on each entry in the "Place" table to pop-up a Google Map of where that place is, similar to the "test" link on the FollowMee table entries. That way you would have been able to see how far off your two-decimal-place lat/lon is from your actual home.

Steve
    Steve,

I had just noticed in the last couple of days, the add-on for FollowMee. I decided to give this a whirl since latitude is gone and btraced does not work well enough for me. Now that FollowMee is up and running quite well, I was just going to suggest to add a hyperlink as you mentioned above.

One twist I had in mind though, is it possible to utilize the radius and not only include the coordinates, but the defined radius around the pin point? I have several points of interest in close proximity, and find it difficult to determine what radius to specify.

Might I also suggest when adding a new place, that it gets added as "aaa". Now that I am getting up to 6 or 7 tabs of places with more to add, it is getting difficult to determine what tab Shangri-La is located on.
    One other thought may be to have the ability from the people log tab, to add a location to places directly from the current history.

Keep up the excellent work on this great add-on.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• Dhiren
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    The device on/off is working fine for me. I'd verify that the Latitude and Longtiude are correct for the point of interest...
    it's working now - silly mistake on my part as I had the lat and long reversed .

I do like your idea Steve of putting a button on the places as well.

Many thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Stevieboy
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Thanks Steve

I re installed it and it appears to be working fine now. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Hi Steve

I have download V2.4 and installed as per instructions. I did not touch any of the data filesand so still have badges etc. According to the log it has been updated. Do I expect to see a followmee tab (just like btraced and latitude)on the set up page. How do I enable for use with followme as I cannot see anywhere to do this.

Cheers
    Steve
    The web page in v2.4 has a separate tab for followmee.

Leave a comment:

• Stevieboy
    replied
    Hi Steve

I have download V2.4 and installed as per instructions. I did not touch any of the data filesand so still have badges etc. According to the log it has been updated. Do I expect to see a followmee tab (just like btraced and latitude)on the set up page. How do I enable for use with followme as I cannot see anywhere to do this.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X