X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    Correct, if Btraced is only sending one location.

However, if Btraced is sending multiple locations because it has not been able to contact home then they have the time stamp as they were recorded.
    Good point. I forgot about that. Btraced can send data in batches, each point with its own stored date/time. Even more reason to have this new fix.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    I did find and fix the place in the code where observations could get out of order. Btrace sends your current location at the current time................
    Correct, if Btraced is only sending one location.

However, if Btraced is sending multiple locations because it has not been able to contact home then they have the time stamp as they were recorded.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    I am using the deluxe version. Today was it's first test and it performed very well. I also had btraced running alongside it with no problems.
    I did find and fix the place in the code where observations could get out of order. Btrace sends your current location at the current time. When you poll FollowMee, it will report whatever your location was at the last time your phone contracted their server. I put in a check so it won't update the devices if the new observation isn't actually the most recent. It will be in the next release. If there are some people (like Gogs) that want to use both, I can provide an interim version (only the main script) via email.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by TomTom View Post
    Thanks Jayman!

Are you guys using the standard or deluxe version of followmee.
    I am using the deluxe version. Today was it's first test and it performed very well. I also had btraced running alongside it with no problems.

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Thanks Jayman!

Are you guys using the standard or deluxe version of followmee.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Ok, I added a check to see if FollowMee is simply saying the token is bad.

For anyone who has been trying to use FollowMee and Btraced together: I need to work on it a bit more, because the data can come in out of order from the two. An example of the problem just happened to me. We went out to dinner and when I got home the "near" device turned on as expected, but it turned back off again a few seconds later. Btraced had reported me back home, but the next time I polled FollowMee it said I was still down the street a bit. I'm hoping I just need to look at the time-tag to avoid this. I thought I was already checking, but maybe not....

Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Erm, Steve, me stupid or too tired - something like that!

I had included "token=" Now removed and it's working, not moved yet, but postion andb the F is correct.
    Well, that still is something I need to fix. I guess I need to look at the KML and see if the whole thing represents an error, rather than implying that the time tag is wrong.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Gogs,

I've seen that very infrequently. I've looked at the KML sent by FollowMee, and sometimes they simply seem to leave out the <WHEN>item. Keep working with it, and see if it continues to happen. If so, turn on the debug and save some of the KML files, zip them up, and email them to me.

Steve
    Erm, Steve, me stupid or too tired - something like that!

In this URL, the token you need is everything after the "token=".
    I had included "token=" Now removed and it's working, not moved yet, but postion andb the F is correct.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Trying Followmee and getting this error in HS
    Gogs,

I've seen that very infrequently. I've looked at the KML sent by FollowMee, and sometimes they simply seem to leave out the <when> item. Keep working with it, and see if it continues to happen. If so, turn on the debug and save some of the KML files, zip them up, and email them to me.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Trying Followmee and getting this error in HS
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/08/2013 22:55:05 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SnevlLatitude - Can't find timestamp in FollowMee KML</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Followmee doesn't drain the battery as much if you choose the options to limit battery usage, ie set a schedule when to track or simply by changing the frequency of tracking. Obviously if you choose to do updates frequently in followmee it will drain the battery more. Btraced has an option of continous tracking which I use and it does drain the battery. You can disable that feature in btraced and tell it to update less frequently just like followmee. Therefore the only advantage to followmee is that it may run continously without having to restart the app (i'm not sure about that though). Btraced has a bug and usually "dies" after 2-3 days of continuous tracking.

As for bluetooth I've pretty much abandoned it as the reliability was just too frustratingly poor. There would be days it would be right on and others and it would be way off. I think GPS tracking is the future if the battery issues and continuous tracking issues can be worked out. I thought Greg was very close with his beta app he was testing for the iphone but I have a feeling he got smothered by work obligations...

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Thanks Jayman,
    So the followmee app doesn't drain the battery as bad then? Are you using iphone or android. Also on a tangent since my goal is to detect occupancy, how is your bluetooth aircable working for you with Jon00 script. Has accuracy improved.
    Thanks again for your help

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    With followmee homeseer has to effectively poll the followmee server say every 30s - 2 min to get data. Btraced sends data directly to homeseer so no delay in updates (or very minor). However btraced drains the battery if you leave it always on like I do.

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Apologize for this perhaps naive question but how is followmee different from btraced. Any advantages to Followmee. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Here's how I approached it: For any source that "pushes" the data to Snevl Latitude (e.g. Btraced), I do it through a separate ASPX page. If I can get somewhat consistent data, I don't have to change the main script much. The ideal case would be that I could standardize all of it. Each source would have to have a slightly different ASPX page to receive the data, but that isn't a big deal.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X