X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wpiman
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    Excellent thanks for the link, if it works then am going to use it myself...I have today been trying to decode/use the iCloud Find My iPhone system which is apparently possible but a little difficult, this could be just what I need.
    Yeah-- I tried that too. It was possible through the Sosusi tool; problem was a lot of the users here don't have iPhones.

The real beauty of this app is you can have multiple users on one Followmee account. With Latitude-- every phone needed a Google account. With Followmee; it can differentiate your phone and display it in their site.

To get your token, log in to the webpage and select map. Then share your location. You want to select "dynamic". Generate the URL and iFrame. It will create the webpage. You can change the mapx to kml and see the KML page. Google Earth can read that one.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    I tried some different apps-- and I think the best replacement for Latitude for this script is the FollowMee program. It runs on iPhone and Android and Windows and even Blackberry-- and uploads locations to their server and you can share them with people.

For example, I can share a location...

http://www.followmee.com/mapx.aspx?t...e-8276f0a3fecd

This "token" essentially replaces the Latitude ATOM badge. You can use this to get XML based cordinates and accuracy, which is all the script really needs to do all the cool stuff.

http://www.followmee.com/kml.aspx?to...e-8276f0a3fecd

The program itself is highly configurable and can be set to conserve battery or be more accurate. I've only put it on my iOS devices. I have not tried other devices as of yet.

It also has this pretty good mode call vehicle tracking. Essentially, if you charge your phone in the car-- it will only update positions when plugged in.

The change to the script should be quite simple to add this support. I moved recently and setting up my HS server has not happened yet. I was going to attempt to make the changes myself as I do have a HS server running in another house-- but debugging code over the web in the script window in the events tab proved burdensome. Besides- it might be best to not start branching the code.

There is a free version. I paid for the deluxe. There is a middle version too. There is a support page and the author seems responsive. If we as a community buy a couple of these-- we might be able get them to make custom changes. I know that the battery information is passed to the server-- we might be able to get him to put that stuff into an XML.

I emailed Steve. I am hoping we can get a Android user and maybe even a Blackberry/windows user to give this a shot.
    Excellent thanks for the link, if it works then am going to use it myself...I have today been trying to decode/use the iCloud Find My iPhone system which is apparently possible but a little difficult, this could be just what I need.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Sounds very interesting...

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    So I think I have a replacement....

I tried some different apps-- and I think the best replacement for Latitude for this script is the FollowMee program. It runs on iPhone and Android and Windows and even Blackberry-- and uploads locations to their server and you can share them with people.

For example, I can share a location...

http://www.followmee.com/mapx.aspx?t...e-8276f0a3fecd

This "token" essentially replaces the Latitude ATOM badge. You can use this to get XML based cordinates and accuracy, which is all the script really needs to do all the cool stuff.

http://www.followmee.com/kml.aspx?to...e-8276f0a3fecd

The program itself is highly configurable and can be set to conserve battery or be more accurate. I've only put it on my iOS devices. I have not tried other devices as of yet.

It also has this pretty good mode call vehicle tracking. Essentially, if you charge your phone in the car-- it will only update positions when plugged in.

The change to the script should be quite simple to add this support. I moved recently and setting up my HS server has not happened yet. I was going to attempt to make the changes myself as I do have a HS server running in another house-- but debugging code over the web in the script window in the events tab proved burdensome. Besides- it might be best to not start branching the code.

There is a free version. I paid for the deluxe. There is a middle version too. There is a support page and the author seems responsive. If we as a community buy a couple of these-- we might be able get them to make custom changes. I know that the battery information is passed to the server-- we might be able to get him to put that stuff into an XML.

I emailed Steve. I am hoping we can get a Android user and maybe even a Blackberry/windows user to give this a shot.

Leave a comment:

• fran_joel
    replied
    No problemo. You saw the post quickly enough and you replied even if no intervention was needed.

Who could ask for more ?

Anyway, while I'm here I should say : thank you for making this plugin. I find it very useful !

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Sorry I didn't notice the post, but I'm glad it got resolved. When that kind of error comes up, it usually means that something has happened to cause the database to be locked. Because everything is running under Homeseer as one process, restarting HS forces the lock to be removed.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
    OK forget it Doctor...

Rebooting Homeseer solved the issue...

I should have tried that before posting.
    Heehee, re-botting HS can solve a multitude of little problems once HS starts to loose the plot.

No pun intended!

Leave a comment:

• fran_joel
    replied
    OK forget it Doctor...

Rebooting Homeseer solved the issue...

I should have tried that before posting.

Leave a comment:

• fran_joel
    replied
    I've been using Snevl Latitude with Btraced on my iPhone for a little while without issues.

However, as of today, the server stopped responding. This is what I get when trying to access the Snevl Latitude asp pages :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unspecified error

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unspecified error

Source Error:

Line 120: Dim num_badges as Integer
    Line 121: getDSN()
    Line 122: oConn.Open(strDSN)
    Line 123: strQry = "SELECT COUNT(*) AS rowcount From Badges"
    Line 124: oCmd.CommandText = strQry

Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\SnevlLatitude.aspx Line: 122

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error]
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalL ateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) +785
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) +197
    ASP.snevllatitude_aspx.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\SnevlLatitude.aspx:122
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +13
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +361
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1065

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3643; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3634
    This is what i see in the Homeseer log :

24/07/2013 9:31:04 AM Error SnevlLatitude: Error reading devID or Trip from Btraced XML file
    24/07/2013 9:31:04 AM Error System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalL ateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.open_db() at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.init_btraced(BadgeClass& b, String devID) at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.BTMain(String dummy)
    24/07/2013 9:31:04 AM Error SnevlLatitude: Failure reading point, Altitude, Latitude, or Longitude from Btraced XML
    24/07/2013 9:31:04 AM Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.BTMain(String dummy)
    24/07/2013 9:31:05 AM Error Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --- System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.BTMain(String dummy) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
    It's bad Doctor ??

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Travis,

I emailed you a web page that extracts the location history kinda like you said, and returns a KML file. Take a look at it and see if it satisfies. If so, I'll plan on including it in the next release.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Travis,

I'll take a look at it. I don't think it would be too hard.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    Hi Steve,

It is just a feature request, and is just an eye-candy style feature (not really a needed one but would be nice). But would it be possible to add support to link KML files to google earth through your Application. I am just thinking perhaps it could be used to show where people are, have been etc through some form of URL which then accesses your database and extracts the appropiate information.

e.g.

Http://homeseer/SnevlLatitude.kml?Us...h=020520132200

This would for example show the user x's travel from the 01/05/2013 @ 22:00 to the 02/05/2013 @ 22:00 which could be used in google maps realtime.

The reason i suggest this is that i know the Google maps API has a limit on the number of waypoints that can be mapped, but it would be great to be able to show where a user currently is, or where the user was (inc paths) on google earth in realtime

Just food for thought (as if you didn't already have enough ideas lol!)

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    Thanks Steve, Totally understand.

Just sent you an email then.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Can you link me to the iphone app you were mentioning that is beta test, id be happy to help out with testing any location based app for iphone. I don't want to Hijack this forum though so can be contacted over PMB if needed.

Cheers
    Travis,

Send me an email at snevl at msn dot com, and I'll hook you up with the developer. It will be up to him if he wants any more testers involved.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    Can you link me to the iphone app you were mentioning that is beta test, id be happy to help out with testing any location based app for iphone. I don't want to Hijack this forum though so can be contacted over PMB if needed.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X