X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbbtex
    replied
    Jayman,

Like Simon, I was never able to get it to run more than about 36 hours. I too have the 1.1.2 ver. running on iOS6/iPhone4s.

What are your GPS Settings?

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    On my iPhone 5 it needs restarting from time to time - never longer than 2 days. My big problem is that it can stop uploading data even when it's running.

Currently, it shows "Live 0/84" which means 84 data points, none uploaded. If I try selecting the current trip and the option to have data points uploaded, it tells me there aren't any. Yet its own View data command shows there are quite a few not uploaded, although not the more recent ones.

Great idea; very accurate recording; logistics around handling the data seem poor. I hope they fix it soon.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
    No, not battery. It's just designed as a trip logger, not a tracker. At least that's the way I see it. You have to go into the app daily, at least, and manually start a trip. And if for some reason you have to reboot your phone, you have to open the app and start a new trip. My wife and daughters won't do that and half the time I forget.

With Lattitude, once you sign in, it tracks the phone -- even after rebooting.
    You really don't have to go into the app daily. I've had mine running for weeks at a time. It won't stop unless your phone reboots like you said. I put it on my wife's phone and we've been tracking for a month (probably because she doesn't know how to reboot her phone). I've been using the beta 1.1.2 ver though.

Leave a comment:

• jbbtex
    replied
    Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    I agree with you. But what is the reason you couldn't "set it and forget it"? Was it battery?
    No, not battery. It's just designed as a trip logger, not a tracker. At least that's the way I see it. You have to go into the app daily, at least, and manually start a trip. And if for some reason you have to reboot your phone, you have to open the app and start a new trip. My wife and daughters won't do that and half the time I forget.

With Lattitude, once you sign in, it tracks the phone -- even after rebooting.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied

It updates after that period of time OR that distance travelled.
    The first number is the data points that have been uploaded and the second is the data points recorded.
    One means the data point has been uploaded and the other means it hasn't. I don't remember which is which.

I beta tested Btraced and it worked well for me. However, I have gone back to latitude just for ease-of-use. You can't just set and forget Btraced like you can Latitude. I wish they offered that option because the accuracy and the fact that it only uploads to MY server make it otherwise superior.
    I agree with you. But what is the reason you couldn't "set it and forget it"? Was it battery?

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    I beta tested Btraced and it worked well for me. However, I have gone back to latitude just for ease-of-use. You can't just set and forget Btraced like you can Latitude. I wish they offered that option because the accuracy and the fact that it only uploads to MY server make it otherwise superior.
    Thank you for the answers. I had guessed at the same things and wanted to make sure I had not missed something obvious.

I too am wondering about returning to Latitude. it is less accurate and I love the BTraced ability to upload to my HS server. I dislike the need, however, for BTraced to be manually started each time the phone is rebooted, and indeed just to stop collecting data for a "trip" after a day or two.

What I really need is to know is that a phone is providing a continual stream of accurate data, with no manual intervention, and to be able to tune the parameters about when it does uploads so that I can maximise battery life.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• jbbtex
    replied
    Originally posted by simonog View Post
    1. in the setup, if one says 10 minutes and movement of 300 metres, does the routine send a reading every 10 minutes OR when the phone moves 300 m or does it send one when BOTH conditions are met ie it has moved at least 300 m and then every 300m movement?
    It updates after that period of time OR that distance travelled.
    2. On the Current Trip screen, what are the 2 numbers in the lower left box where it says Live m/n?
    The first number is the data points that have been uploaded and the second is the data points recorded.
    3. If one goes to the trips screen and selects one of the trips below that Current Trip line, one of the tasks is View Data Points. select that and then lines have one of two icons at the front: a tick box, or a strange icon which might be a pair of headphones or similar.
    One means the data point has been uploaded and the other means it hasn't. I don't remember which is which.

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    I am having some trouble getting version 1.1.1 on a brand new iPhone 5 to transmit reliably.

a few questions for those who have used BTraced for a while:

1. in the setup, if one says 10 minutes and movement of 300 metres, does the routine send a reading every 10 minutes OR when the phone moves 300 m or does it send one when BOTH conditions are met ie it has moved at least 300 m and then every 300m movement?

2. On the Current Trip screen, what are the 2 numbers in the lower left box where it says Live m/n?

3. If one goes to the trips screen and selects one of the trips below that Current Trip line, one of the tasks is View Data Points. select that and then lines have one of two icons at the front: a tick box, or a strange icon which might be a pair of headphones or similar.

what is that icon please?

kind regards

Simon

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
    Don't think there was a V2 of BTraced app
    Based on the email response to Gogs and I from the Btraced development team, it does sound like v1.1.1 is the right version. There will be a newer version, but it has changes that are not impacting Snevl Latitude.

It sounds like there may be other setup issues that are causing people problems. Although I can't help much, I'm sure if they don't give up they can get things working repeatedly.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Don't think there was a V2 of BTraced app
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Gogs

you have just stopped me from wasting an inordinate amount of time trying to debug something which I suspect your hard work before Christmas had already done!

I have just bought and installed BTraced on two iPhone 5s, and am having odd random issues with updates being transmitted or not. I just checked the version I downloaded a few days ago: 1.1.1.

I wonder what happened to v2?

Simon
    An email has been sent.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied

I don't know this but I suspect they wanted to fix other issues with the app before releasing it. Has anyone else noticed the battery drain? I've tried altering the settings to longer distances and turned off the time update interval and it still seems like a real drain. One thing for sure to do is to turn off the update data point on turn.

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    replied
    Gogs

you have just stopped me from wasting an inordinate amount of time trying to debug something which I suspect your hard work before Christmas had already done!

I have just bought and installed BTraced on two iPhone 5s, and am having odd random issues with updates being transmitted or not. I just checked the version I downloaded a few days ago: 1.1.1.

I wonder what happened to v2?

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    replied
    Your version of Btraced puzzles me Btraced 1.1.1.

The new version, which I thought was V2 and solved this problem with others, should have been in the app store by now, I checked and it appears it is not.

I will make enquires.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    JimO:

Snevl Latitude doesn't do anything with UltraWeatherBug, so something else is going on. It may just be that the timing looks as though it is happening at the same time, but I can tell you they don't have anything to do with each other. I've never even had UltraWeatherBug on my system, and don't actually know exactly what it does. This is a strange problem, but I'm pretty sure it isn't interaction between Snevl Latitude and UWB.

On the other problem: I assume you have set up an user name / password for your Homeseer web server for Btraced to use. It sounds as though you may have your user / password data entered in the wrong place in Btraced. There is a screen where you enter the username / password for the Btraced site, and a "basic authentication" screen for stuff loke Homeseer. They are different. I don't have an iPhone (and so don't have Btraced), so maybe someone else here can be more helpful.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X