No announcement yet.

Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

HI All,

This is a to discuss the Homeseer to arduino script that i have created.

The script is attached to this post.

IntroductionThis has been removed for now as it is proving to be a problem. It will be added again when i can make it stable.

I'm sorry that the Ethernet interface is taking so long but this is not easy and time is short. I will be working on an Ethernet interface at some point. It looks like everyone would benefit from this and I will do my best to get this working asap. I need to test the current version of the script then I will set it free.

Tested boards

1. Uno
    2. Mega
    3. nano
    4. mini.
    Please tell me and I will add any other boards you get this to work with.

Please feel free to post any thoughts or comments on the script. (be gentle on me as this is my first script release)

Greig
    Attached Files
    Last edited by enigmatheatre; April 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM. Reason: Added Script.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Morning ,

Still yet to try the multi-board setup, but I do have one board which has multiple temperature sensors on it, the devices were created accordingly and appear to update accordingly, I tried an input which also appears to work fine as well!

A thought with the script, it might be better if the setup of the board is done so that no devices are created, but the settings in the config file are their waiting for the housecode(s) to be entered. I noticed it went crazy creating devices when the board was first set up, but i am unsure if it creates the devices looking for available housecodes, or just picks a housecode (and could potentially overwrite other codes?)

I am looking this week at going out and getting a few transistors for a high current motor controller, and if I do end up doing that i will most likely use the PWM for speed control, then just need to potentially work out directional control (i guess through a relay).

Well done on what looks to be a great script, I have lots of uses for this already!, one of which is the interface to a greenhouse cooling system essentially utilizing a radiator with fans, water tank (400L) and water pump, the idea being that there will be temperature probes throughout the system, measuring the water coming into the radiator, going out of the radiator, and the greenhouse temperature, so when the greenhouse temperature is to hot (and hotter than the water temp) the water pump and fans will start slowly, as the water passes through the radiator homeseer will measure a temperature difference, if there is a temp difference it will keep running, if not it would stop. This should in theory store the heat energy in the water tank, then at night when the temperature is lower than the water, it would run in reverse, extracting the heat from the water through the radiator and into the air. Using your controller should allow homeseer to do that fine .

Great Script.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hi travisdh,

Thanks for the comments. I am a little confused by this comment:
      Originally posted by travisdh View Post
      I noticed it went crazy creating devices when the board was first set up, but i am unsure if it creates the devices looking for available housecodes, or just picks a housecode (and could potentially overwrite other codes?)
      The house codes are set up in your board ino this is what the codeArrays are. Did you not chenge them?

The script checks if the device exists and exits if it dose or creates it if not so should never overwrite other codes.
      It should not go Crazy creating devices. Do you mean there is lots of logging when creating the devices?

It will only create the number of devices for each pin and sensor you are using on the board.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

That makes far more sense to me, me and manuals do not go well together! lol, it was doing quite a lot of logging too when logging was set to 0, not a major issue.

I will have a play with multiple boards tonight, i think i have a servo or something similar around the place, and I am sure i had a light sensor so both of these should be useful in testing inputs and outputs .

A feature to consider, it might be worth having buttons on the actual outputs as well, it may be difficult to do that with PWN (Unless you put a drop down box with the Percentage on or something similar, but for the Outputs it would be nice to have ON / OFF buttons which call the script the same as the Connect / Disconnect / Setup buttons
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post

A feature to consider, it might be worth having buttons on the actual outputs as well, it may be difficult to do that with PWN (Unless you put a drop down box with the Percentage on or something similar, but for the Outputs it would be nice to have ON / OFF buttons which call the script the same as the Connect / Disconnect / Setup buttons
          I was thinking about changing them the other day when I was playing around so I may look in to this.

Have fun tonight.

Greig.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

What hardware does this support? Or should I consider buying if I wanted to use this?

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              What hardware does this support? Or should I consider buying if I wanted to use this?

--Dan
              HI drozwood90,

The script should work with the arduino range of boards found here:

I have tested it with the Uno, Mega and nano boards and it has been tested by others on the mini.

It all depends on what you would like to do with it. I would recommend the Uno as g good place to start if you have not used the boards before.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Where is script

I have been unable to find the script, Can you please point me to where it is. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
                  I have been unable to find the script, Can you please point me to where it is. Thanks
                  The script has not been released yet but if you want to beta test drop me an e-mail.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

This is just so awesome, I now have 10 digital outputs, 2 analog inputs and 6x digital inputs from my arduino uno. So a big thanks to Greig

If lan module will be added later to the Project then I can use a longer networkcable to the garage.
                    I will use the analog inputs to check the level of the garage door with a multi-turn potentiometer to read if it in move and in which direction. The digital outputs shall control garage door remote controls, alarms and locks.

It's just a start
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                      This is just so awesome, I now have 10 digital outputs, 2 analog inputs and 6x digital inputs from my arduino uno. So a big thanks to Greig

If lan module will be added later to the Project then I can use a longer networkcable to the garage.
                      I will use the analog inputs to check the level of the garage door with a multi-turn potentiometer to read if it in move and in which direction. The digital outputs shall control garage door remote controls, alarms and locks.

It's just a start
                      Thanks for the comments.
                      Do please keep me updated on what you are using this for as there are lots more things than I am using it for.

At some point I will look in to the Ethernet interface but I am very busy at work at the moment.

Greig
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Well, In my side, I have the hs server behind a wall in the midle of the house, while it has a touchscreen with it. So, cause all the automations i would like to do is at the livingroom, I need an ethernet solution for communicating.
                        I need sensing when the tv is on, pwm control for servo motor of my fireplace air in-take, projector screen motor control, cutting telephone line when it is too late, temp & hud sensing, fireplace ventilation dimming and room ventilation dimming. I also water my garden and balcony using simple and cheap electric valves via homeseer server, when my rain sensor allows it.
                        Right now, i control some of them with IR, plcbus and some with a cheap solution of 8 relays using parallel gate control.
                        It would be perfect when i finally find a common control for everything, including sensing control of equipment that is non-existent for me at the moment.
                        I have made a research for other solutions, but i have found nothing to have all the features i need except some very expensive Ethernet hardware that i do not want to spend. Arduino is a must have for homeseer.

Comment

I have been playing with PWM attached to a Motor Driver and it appears to work quite well, the motor I have will only work from 60% upwards but all is still good.

I have two temperature sensors connected, as well as the motor controller to an Arduino board in my greenhouse, this then connects to a USB to Network server which then transports the board inside to the controller.

In my case ethernet direct would be a heap easier, and prevent a lot of issues with intermediate devices needing to be inbetween the server and the Arduino board. I did think though the addition of ethernet capacity might result in a full overhaul of the script, simply because you would not have the same callback functions, in reality i suspect it would actually have to go towards a plugin!

I did have a thought though, I wonder if it is not possible to include parameters at the start of the script, for example;

UseDHT11 = 1
                          UseDHT22 = 0
                          UseEthernet = 1
                          UseLCD = 0
                          Use1Wire = 0

That way your script would almost be unlimited in nature, and then in the code you could have an include only if the paramater = 1, then it could be extended to include the various devices.

Got to say this is a great script, with many great possibilities, and given its low cost (the Arduino, and 1-wire sensors) there are some real great uses for this script and the concept. I personally thing going to the ethernet route would make it all the better

Comment

*Sighs*, I spoke to soon

Not an issue with your script, but my USB 2 Network Server, which keeps resulting in BSOD and crashes to the point where i have to stop testing the Arduino Script .

Sadly the point at which i have to test the device I have network and power access, but no way of extending the USB device out that far , so that looks like a done deal for me sadly.

Let me know if you have a Network version in the future and I would be delighted to help you test it. The version you made worked very well for me, just the USB network server was to buggy to be able to use it reliably

Comment

How about connecting a remote arduido with a Xbee module? No network cable required.

Comment

Working...
                              X