X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon
    replied
    Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Funny to see you over here Dave. I only landed on this thread because I saw your mention of the rf1. (I'm jchuchla over on the Christmas forums). I guess great minds think alike.

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gdyrdave
    replied
    Well I got this working with a board we use for Christmas lighting. It has an onboard NRF board and is very small. I have 3 DS18B20's and a couple outputs and inputs. I am now reviewing the sketch so I can transmit and receive between this board and another located at HS2 system. We call the boards RF1's. The one problem is it doesn't reconnect on startup. I have to disconnect then reconnect and press the reset button for the communication. Working on that problem but otherwise working great.

Leave a comment:

• gdyrdave
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    It is in the first post of this thread.

Greig.
    Thanks Greig.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by gdyrdave View Post
    How can I get the script for HS2 for this? I would like to try on my HS2 system before I make the leap to HS3.
    It is in the first post of this thread.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• gdyrdave
    replied
    How can I get the script for HS2 for this? I would like to try on my HS2 system before I make the leap to HS3.

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Morten,
    I can confirm: capacitors are solving my problem. In 2 day working no one false input reading.
    I'm using a 470nF capacitor for any input pin. No resistor added.
    You could arrive to 1uF or 10uF, but add a 47ohm resistor between pin and cable. You could have a delay of 1-5 millisecond.
    Inform me about your progress!

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied
    I will try that one day. :-)

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Morten,
    try whit a capacitor.
    For me, capacitor + shielded cable work fine! No one error!
    I ordered the 4n33, I will tray also this solution.

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    I'm working to solve the false read input signal.
    I've tried using a second pull-up resistor, but the result was negative.
    Now I am trying with a capacitor (470nF) connected to the input pin and gnd. Positive result!
    The next step is a testing with an optocoupler.
    The connections are made using a shielded cable.
    Your pluging is fantastic, I just have to fix the hardware.
    At the end of job, I'll pass to hs3 system.

Thanks

Cristian

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
    Same problem for me.
    I have to put a resistor between the input and gnd? Right? 10k is enough?

EDIT:Ooops, no!
    Greig, you have activated the internal pull-up resistor, so I have to put a resistor between +5V and the input. Right?

Yes I have the internal pull-ups on so you would have to had to them and it would be to 5V not ground.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    Can I ask what you have triggering the inputs and if you have long cable runs as this can cause problems. You may need to add a resistor to the input pin or optoisolate would be even better. Are you using an external psu or are you just using the usb power?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Same problem for me.
    I have to put a resistor between the input and gnd? Right? 10k is enough?

EDIT:Ooops, no!
    Greig, you have activated the internal pull-up resistor, so I have to put a resistor between +5V and the input. Right?
    Last edited by khriss75; January 16, 2014, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NeverDie
    replied
    Maybe try shielded wires? A DSO could check whether you might have a noise issue.

Without an optocoupler, does the device you're connected to share a common ground? If not, maybe try that.

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied
    It's a Arduino problem not a script problem.

If some genius on a Arduino forum can tell you what to do, I will like to know too. :-)

Regards
    Morten

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
    Tom is my brother. He tried posting as a new member, but his post never showed up. That's why I responded under my name. We both have similar setups and are both getting the false input detected.

We have several devices hooked to the Arduino including rain gauges, PIR's, door switches and relay output boards. Some do have long runs and we are powering the Arduino from an external PSU.

Your 1st post states:
    "All Inputs are switched Inputs that are on when pulled to ground.(no resistors are required)"

We have quite a few inputs/outputs on a Mega 2560, so we didn't want to add a resistor to every input. Any ideas on how to isolate the problems ones or would they just be the ones that are false triggering?
    The statement in post 1 is to show that I am using the boards internal resistors. You may need to add to this if you are on long cable runs.

You should only need to add resistors to the devices that false trigger.

Speak to Morten( board name "mhn") Here as I think he had the same problem and solved it.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X