Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    I have been playing with PWM attached to a Motor Driver and it appears to work quite well, the motor I have will only work from 60% upwards but all is still good.
    If required you could set the Device Values-Status/Graphics to compensate for this. Change the first value to 60 and not 10 and then change the percentages.

In my case ethernet direct would be a heap easier, and prevent a lot of issues with intermediate devices needing to be inbetween the server and the Arduino board. I did think though the addition of ethernet capacity might result in a full overhaul of the script, simply because you would not have the same callback functions, in reality i suspect it would actually have to go towards a plugin!
    I am working on an Ethernet version but time I a little tight at the moment.
    I plan on using a main board connected to Homeseer in the same way as I do now but have a Ethernet interface in the board to connect to other boards over the network. This way I can use the script I have without to much of an overhaul.

I did have a thought though, I wonder if it is not possible to include parameters at the start of the script, for example;

UseDHT11 = 1
    UseDHT22 = 0
    UseEthernet = 1
    UseLCD = 0
    Use1Wire = 0

That way your script would almost be unlimited in nature, and then in the code you could have an include only if the paramater = 1, then it could be extended to include the various devices.
    This is what I am doing now with some things look in the ino. There is (Use1Wire = 0) in there now. I did look at adding an LCD as if you look in to the code there are some left over bits in there.

Got to say this is a great script, with many great possibilities, and given its low cost (the Arduino, and 1-wire sensors) there are some real great uses for this script and the concept. I personally thing going to the Ethernet route would make it all the better
    I'm glad you like the script. As I said I will work on the Ethernet interface when I get time.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

I've got everything setup and your script is working great. This is very cool!

One question I have at the moment is:
      I'm using a TMP36 temperature sensor that requires the following math on the raw volts to get a value in Degs F:
      Temp(deg F)=((([rawVolts]- 0.5)*100) x 1.8)+32)
      Is there a way to use the config in the .ini to do this conversion?

Thanks and nice job!

Alan

PS. I see that you are planing on working on Ethernet communication. I also think that your script will greatly befit from the easy interface of the Ardunio to Zigbee modules. I'm starting to use them and they are very cool.

Comment

Moving Forward.....

HI all,

Just a quick update to say that the script is going well and I think all the big bugs have gone and that I think there are only a couple of timing problems that I am working on at the moment.

I have added the following to the script.
        8. PWM fade times can be set from a device in Homeseer
        9. Calculations can be performed on the analogue inputs to display custom data.
        10. Analogue inputs can be inverted to accommodate various sensors.
        11. An Lcd can be added to display text from Homeseer.
        12. The board will Auto reconnect if reset while connected to HS.

I would also like to say a "BIG Thank You" to all the beta testers out there who have given me feedback and help with the script.

Now that the script is where i would like it I think the next move is Ethernet.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          HI all,

Now that the script is where i would like it I think the next move is Ethernet.

Greig.
          Greig
          Ethernet, RA RA!! Not sure what your thinking for IP support but if your looking to keep your changes to a mininum the Serial IP plugin had a passthru mode where you could us it to handle the IP stuff and just pass recieved values into your script. Just a thought.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155438

Gerard

Comment

2 new devices to wish list

Greig
            The UNO I am preparing for deplyment to my garage uses 2 devices not currently on your list. Maybe you could add them to the whish list.

1) "ShiftOut" device - Seee http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut. I use this for Expanded relays as only takes 3 pins for unlimited relays. I use 16.

2) SR04 - utrasonic distance measurment

I have support code for both if that would help.

Gerard

Comment

Re: Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
              Greig
              The UNO I am preparing for deplyment to my garage uses 2 devices not currently on your list. Maybe you could add them to the whish list.

1) "ShiftOut" device - Seee http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut. I use this for Expanded relays as only takes 3 pins for unlimited relays. I use 16.

2) SR04 - utrasonic distance measurment

I have support code for both if that would help.

Gerard
              Hi Gerard.

At some point in the future I may add the SR04 as this could be a fun device to play with but for the moment I don't want to spend more time on adding features until I get the Ethernet sorted out.

Consider it on the ever growing list.

Greig.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

hello Greig,

when you go releas the script ?.
                i'm looking for a script to use the digital ports from the arduino.

greethings
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by strongetje View Post
                  hello Greig,

when you go releas the script ?.
                  i'm looking for a script to use the digital ports from the arduino.

greethings
                  Mark
                  Hi Mark,

The script is almost there. I just have a couple of bugs to fix then I think I may release the script.
                  I hope in the next couple of weeks.
                  It will not be the ethernet version as I am having problems getting this to work reliably.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Greig,

Thanks, then i'm wait.

greets,
                    Mark

Comment

Hi Greig,

I have your scripts working perfectly with just one servo at the moment. I am in the process of adding a Adafruit motor shield to the Arduino UNO (R3) so that I can also control 2 stepper motors. I guess your current scripts won't support that (or am I wrong?) What would it take to build in the stepper motor support?

Comment

Comment

for those that have installed the script where is the arduino.ini file? It was not in the zip that I was sent.

Comment

Originally posted by garf12 View Post
                            for those that have installed the script where is the arduino.ini file? It was not in the zip that I was sent.
                            E-mail sent to you with file.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Comment

Ok - got the Arduino...

... where is the code!

Comment

Working...
                                X