No announcement yet.

Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I relooked into your wonderful plugin after running some long network cable for a greenhouse 1-wire network and have to say it is working fantastically. I have a number of different 1-wire sensors, one before and one after a heat exchanger, one in a electronics box, and another in the greenhouse itself, so i can turn on or off the heat exchanger based on the greenhouse temperature, and or the temperature coming in and out of the heat exchanger (e.g. is the heat ex-changer absorbing heat).

I did have a feature request though (if i could make one). Although the accuracy of some of the 1-wire sensors is not great, it would be fantastic if the measurement was not rounded, e.g. you multiply the reading (stored as the device value) by 100 or 1000 to represent the decimal values, that way when you work with the reading you can just divide by 100 or whatever number to have the full decimal number for temperature.

Thanks for the great Script!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
      I relooked into your wonderful plugin after running some long network cable for a greenhouse 1-wire network and have to say it is working fantastically. I have a number of different 1-wire sensors, one before and one after a heat exchanger, one in a electronics box, and another in the greenhouse itself, so i can turn on or off the heat exchanger based on the greenhouse temperature, and or the temperature coming in and out of the heat exchanger (e.g. is the heat ex-changer absorbing heat).

I did have a feature request though (if i could make one). Although the accuracy of some of the 1-wire sensors is not great, it would be fantastic if the measurement was not rounded, e.g. you multiply the reading (stored as the device value) by 100 or 1000 to represent the decimal values, that way when you work with the reading you can just divide by 100 or whatever number to have the full decimal number for temperature.

Thanks for the great Script!
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Great script, thank you very much !

You have an ETA for the ethernet version ?

Comment

Tried setting this up on a spare Arduino Duemilanove.
          Cant get it to work just get the following in the hs log

01/06/2013 22:09:17 Event Event Trigger "Arduino Add board"
          01/06/2013 22:09:17 Event Running script in background: arduino.vben("connect","1")
          01/06/2013 22:09:17 Arduino Connecting to Arduino Board 1 on Com Port=10 baud= 115200 Parity= 0 DataBits= 8 stopBits= 1
          01/06/2013 22:09:20 Arduino Debug Arduino Raw DATA IN [Connect 1]
          01/06/2013 22:09:20 Arduino Connecting to Arduino Board 1 on Com Port=10 baud= 115200 Parity= 0 DataBits= 8 stopBits= 1
          01/06/2013 22:09:20 Arduino Debug Polling for settings
          01/06/2013 22:09:23 Arduino Debug Arduino Raw DATA IN [Connect 1]
          01/06/2013 22:09:23 Arduino Connecting to Arduino Board 1 on Com Port=10 baud= 115200 Parity= 0 DataBits= 8 stopBits= 1
          01/06/2013 22:09:23 Arduino Debug Polling for settings
          01/06/2013 22:09:25 Arduino Debug Arduino Raw DATA IN [Connect 1]
          01/06/2013 22:09:25 Arduino Connecting to Arduino Board 1 on Com Port=10 baud= 115200 Parity= 0 DataBits= 8 stopBits= 1
          Any ideas?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
            Tried setting this up on a spare Arduino Duemilanove.
            Cant get it to work just get the following in the hs log

Any ideas?
            Thanks

HI 8r1an,

I have seen this a couple of times and the way it was fixed is to disconnect the board and then sent the ino to the board again then reconnect to homeseer.
            Try that and get back to me.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              HI 8r1an,

I have seen this a couple of times and the way it was fixed is to disconnect the board and then sent the ino to the board again then reconnect to homeseer.
              Try that and get back to me.

Greig.
              Hi Greig,

That did it now working.

Thanks

Comment

Greig,

This was working fine untill i had to restart my homeseer machine.
                After a homeseer machine restart or diconnect and reconnect the arduino board your script cant connect to it just get the connecting to arduino message.
                If i then send the ino file to the board and then reconnect homeseer it works fine untill the board is disconnected or the homeseer machine is restarted.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                  Great script, thank you very much !

You have an ETA for the ethernet version ?
                  You need any help with the ethernet version ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                    You need any help with the ethernet version ?
                    HI,

I may need some help with it and thanks for the offer but at the moment I would like to get this in to a HS3 plugin and I have never made a plugin before so it is a very hard thing for me to learn all the new ways of HS3 and plugin development in a short time. I have a half working web interface for the plugin and I now need to look at the new way of creating devices and change my script to use this.

If you have a good example of how to send data from an Ethernet arduino to homeseer than I would love to look at it and see how you are doing it.
                    I need this to be two way to get everything to work.

Thanks for your support.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                      Greig,

This was working fine untill i had to restart my homeseer machine.
                      After a homeseer machine restart or diconnect and reconnect the arduino board your script cant connect to it just get the connecting to arduino message.
                      If i then send the ino file to the board and then reconnect homeseer it works fine untill the board is disconnected or the homeseer machine is restarted.
                      I have had this problem with one of the nano boards I was using for testing but have not seen it again and I am not to sure what the cause could be. I will look in to this further if I happens in the HS3 plugin I am developing.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        HI,

I may need some help with it and thanks for the offer but at the moment I would like to get this in to a HS3 plugin and I have never made a plugin before so it is a very hard thing for me to learn all the new ways of HS3 and plugin development in a short time. I have a half working web interface for the plugin and I now need to look at the new way of creating devices and change my script to use this.

If you have a good example of how to send data from an Ethernet arduino to homeseer than I would love to look at it and see how you are doing it.
                        I need this to be two way to get everything to work.

Thanks for your support.

Greig.
                        I'll have a look at it in the weekend.
                        The way I did it, was using UDP packets. The arduino would send UDP broadcast messages, which were parsed by my plugin.

This way the arduino would not have to know the IP of homeseer

Comment

FYI,

I have been playing with HS3 and trying to port the script to a HS3 plugin but it looks like there is a bug in HS3 that is stopping me getting any further for the moment so I will have to wait until a fix is found.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Is IR being revisited? What kind of issues did you experience? I just recently added IR receive to my arduino. No issues yet but I haven't tested much.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                              Is IR being revisited? What kind of issues did you experience? I just recently added IR receive to my arduino. No issues yet but I haven't tested much.
                              I may look at this with HS3 as I am converting this in to a plugin.
                              I was having problems as i was sending all IR received to homeseer for processing but there was to much random IR for this to work well. I may need to look at storing the commands in the eprom and processing this on the board.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Mega 2560 R3

You mention that you have tested the script with an Arduino Mega. Did you test it with the Mega 2560 R3 or an earlier Mega version?

Comment

Working...
                                X