Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I have installed this script but am having issues with false triggering. I have increased de-bounce from 30 to 100 ms and still see the same issue. It seems a lot of these false triggers happen when a different output / input are triggered. Has anyone seen this issue, is there a known fix.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

I am having an issue with inputs being falsely triggered, I have changed the debounce to 100 milliseconds and that did not help. Has anyone seen this issue, is there a fix for this.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
          I am having an issue with inputs being falsely triggered, I have changed the debounce to 100 milliseconds and that did not help. Has anyone seen this issue, is there a fix for this.

Thanks
          Can I ask what you have triggering the inputs and if you have long cable runs as this can cause problems. You may need to add a resistor to the input pin or optoisolate would be even better. Are you using an external psu or are you just using the usb power?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Re: Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Originally posted by tzakrzewski View Post
            I have installed this script but am having issues with false triggering. I have increased de-bounce from 30 to 100 ms and still see the same issue. It seems a lot of these false triggers happen when a different output / input are triggered. Has anyone seen this issue, is there a known fix.

Thanks,

Tom
            Sorry I must have missed your post. The same as above applies to you.

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Tom is my brother. He tried posting as a new member, but his post never showed up. That's why I responded under my name. We both have similar setups and are both getting the false input detected.

We have several devices hooked to the Arduino including rain gauges, PIR's, door switches and relay output boards. Some do have long runs and we are powering the Arduino from an external PSU.

Your 1st post states:
              "All Inputs are switched Inputs that are on when pulled to ground.(no resistors are required)"

We have quite a few inputs/outputs on a Mega 2560, so we didn't want to add a resistor to every input. Any ideas on how to isolate the problems ones or would they just be the ones that are false triggering?

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                Tom is my brother. He tried posting as a new member, but his post never showed up. That's why I responded under my name. We both have similar setups and are both getting the false input detected.

We have several devices hooked to the Arduino including rain gauges, PIR's, door switches and relay output boards. Some do have long runs and we are powering the Arduino from an external PSU.

Your 1st post states:
                "All Inputs are switched Inputs that are on when pulled to ground.(no resistors are required)"

We have quite a few inputs/outputs on a Mega 2560, so we didn't want to add a resistor to every input. Any ideas on how to isolate the problems ones or would they just be the ones that are false triggering?
                The statement in post 1 is to show that I am using the boards internal resistors. You may need to add to this if you are on long cable runs.

You should only need to add resistors to the devices that false trigger.

Speak to Morten( board name "mhn") Here as I think he had the same problem and solved it.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Comment

It's a Arduino problem not a script problem.

If some genius on a Arduino forum can tell you what to do, I will like to know too. :-)

Regards
                    Morten

Comment

Maybe try shielded wires? A DSO could check whether you might have a noise issue.

Without an optocoupler, does the device you're connected to share a common ground? If not, maybe try that.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        Can I ask what you have triggering the inputs and if you have long cable runs as this can cause problems. You may need to add a resistor to the input pin or optoisolate would be even better. Are you using an external psu or are you just using the usb power?

Same problem for me.
                        I have to put a resistor between the input and gnd? Right? 10k is enough?

EDIT:Ooops, no!
                        Greig, you have activated the internal pull-up resistor, so I have to put a resistor between +5V and the input. Right?
                        Last edited by khriss75; January 16, 2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                          Same problem for me.
                          I have to put a resistor between the input and gnd? Right? 10k is enough?

EDIT:Ooops, no!
                          Greig, you have activated the internal pull-up resistor, so I have to put a resistor between +5V and the input. Right?

Yes I have the internal pull-ups on so you would have to had to them and it would be to 5V not ground.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I'm working to solve the false read input signal.
                            I've tried using a second pull-up resistor, but the result was negative.
                            Now I am trying with a capacitor (470nF) connected to the input pin and gnd. Positive result!
                            The next step is a testing with an optocoupler.
                            The connections are made using a shielded cable.
                            Your pluging is fantastic, I just have to fix the hardware.
                            At the end of job, I'll pass to hs3 system.

Thanks

Cristian

Comment

Morten,
                              try whit a capacitor.
                              For me, capacitor + shielded cable work fine! No one error!
                              I ordered the 4n33, I will tray also this solution.

Comment

I will try that one day. :-)

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X