Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drozwood90
    replied
    What hardware does this support? Or should I consider buying if I wanted to use this?

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by travisdh View Post

A feature to consider, it might be worth having buttons on the actual outputs as well, it may be difficult to do that with PWN (Unless you put a drop down box with the Percentage on or something similar, but for the Outputs it would be nice to have ON / OFF buttons which call the script the same as the Connect / Disconnect / Setup buttons
    I was thinking about changing them the other day when I was playing around so I may look in to this.

Have fun tonight.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    That makes far more sense to me, me and manuals do not go well together! lol, it was doing quite a lot of logging too when logging was set to 0, not a major issue.

I will have a play with multiple boards tonight, i think i have a servo or something similar around the place, and I am sure i had a light sensor so both of these should be useful in testing inputs and outputs .

A feature to consider, it might be worth having buttons on the actual outputs as well, it may be difficult to do that with PWN (Unless you put a drop down box with the Percentage on or something similar, but for the Outputs it would be nice to have ON / OFF buttons which call the script the same as the Connect / Disconnect / Setup buttons

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Hi travisdh,

Thanks for the comments. I am a little confused by this comment:
    Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    I noticed it went crazy creating devices when the board was first set up, but i am unsure if it creates the devices looking for available housecodes, or just picks a housecode (and could potentially overwrite other codes?)
    The house codes are set up in your board ino this is what the codeArrays are. Did you not chenge them?

The script checks if the device exists and exits if it dose or creates it if not so should never overwrite other codes.
    It should not go Crazy creating devices. Do you mean there is lots of logging when creating the devices?

It will only create the number of devices for each pin and sensor you are using on the board.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    Morning ,

Still yet to try the multi-board setup, but I do have one board which has multiple temperature sensors on it, the devices were created accordingly and appear to update accordingly, I tried an input which also appears to work fine as well!

A thought with the script, it might be better if the setup of the board is done so that no devices are created, but the settings in the config file are their waiting for the housecode(s) to be entered. I noticed it went crazy creating devices when the board was first set up, but i am unsure if it creates the devices looking for available housecodes, or just picks a housecode (and could potentially overwrite other codes?)

I am looking this week at going out and getting a few transistors for a high current motor controller, and if I do end up doing that i will most likely use the PWM for speed control, then just need to potentially work out directional control (i guess through a relay).

Well done on what looks to be a great script, I have lots of uses for this already!, one of which is the interface to a greenhouse cooling system essentially utilizing a radiator with fans, water tank (400L) and water pump, the idea being that there will be temperature probes throughout the system, measuring the water coming into the radiator, going out of the radiator, and the greenhouse temperature, so when the greenhouse temperature is to hot (and hotter than the water temp) the water pump and fans will start slowly, as the water passes through the radiator homeseer will measure a temperature difference, if there is a temp difference it will keep running, if not it would stop. This should in theory store the heat energy in the water tank, then at night when the temperature is lower than the water, it would run in reverse, extracting the heat from the water through the radiator and into the air. Using your controller should allow homeseer to do that fine .

Great Script.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    started a topic Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

Arduino Script Testing. (Enigmatheatre)

HI All,

This is a to discuss the Homeseer to arduino script that i have created.

The script is attached to this post.

IntroductionThis has been removed for now as it is proving to be a problem. It will be added again when i can make it stable.

I'm sorry that the Ethernet interface is taking so long but this is not easy and time is short. I will be working on an Ethernet interface at some point. It looks like everyone would benefit from this and I will do my best to get this working asap. I need to test the current version of the script then I will set it free.

Tested boards

1. Uno
    2. Mega
    3. nano
    4. mini.
    Please tell me and I will add any other boards you get this to work with.

Please feel free to post any thoughts or comments on the script. (be gentle on me as this is my first script release)

Greig
    Attached Files
    Last edited by enigmatheatre; April 6, 2013, 11:52 AM. Reason: Added Script.
Working...
X