Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever port this to HS3

Hi Wadenut,
    I see there has been nothing on this thread for ages, so my question is simple, did you ever port this? If so where do I find it.
    Thanks

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
      Hi Wadenut,
      I see there has been nothing on this thread for ages, so my question is simple, did you ever port this? If so where do I find it.
      Thanks

Peter
      No, I never had, but I will look into doing so. It should not be all that difficult. However, I doubt I'd be making any operational changes. Frankly, I assumed there were alternatives available for HS3.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Hope this will work with HS3 verion.

Hi Wadenut,

Wow,
        many thanks for your quick response, caught me on the hop.

O.K. so my inquiry was a general one, thought the plugin might do what I want.
        Perhaps it is better I give you an idea before you gallop off and do loads of work.
        Firstly I only have a single DigiMax210 X10 RF thermostat which currently just works on a related temperature basis, no setpoint used although available.
        Very basic and not very economical.
        I did find a script for HS2 but could not get it to run even with Jon00's help in HS3.
        Also tried to configure this with events and it got totally out of hand and unmanageable.

So would like seasonal adjustment (if that is possible with English weather)!
        I would like to be able to use 3 modes which are directly related to X10 SC9000 alarm status, just incidental choices from old attempts to get something working although these modes are used for house occupancy and setting up phone services.
        The modes are:
        Disarmed = I am at home and awake.
        Armed Home = It's night time and / or the house is secure.
        Armed Away = I am out of the house and motion sensors are active for alarm purposes.

I have no need for different daily patterns as I am one of those fortunate people who no longer has to go to work, the only day of the week which for me is different is a Wednesday as I am out of the house doing charity work.

So the idea is that each mode can have different temperature settings to switch on and off.
        Seasonal or Monthly variation Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn although I think Spring and Autumn could be the same just different months.
        The only other thing would be the facility to override each mode, something like turning the heating from
        Armed Away to Disarmed remotely when I am away from home.
        or switching from Disarmed to Armed-Home and vice versa.

Hope this gives you a general idea of what I would like to achieve, I do believe this is possible with the plugin although please tell me if it is not. For me something is better than nothing which is where I am at the moment!

Two more things which are pertinent, at the moment I am about to embark on a major rebuild of my HS machine from the ground up, something I have been putting off for 18 months 500 devices and 120 events so bit of a nightmare and something I envisage will take me a while.

The other thing is a some point I wish to purchase some sort of Z-wave thermostat although not at all sure what and once again incidental as the plugin supports Z-wave.

I do hope this information is O.K. and I have made it clear as to what I wish to do.

Many thanks for taking a look.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
          Hi Wadenut,
          Firstly I only have a single DigiMax210 X10 RF thermostat which currently just works on a related temperature basis, no setpoint used although available.
          Well, I'm not familiar with that model, but generally, if the Thermostat is controllable using HS, ie through some compatible plugin, the script should be able to control it as it was designed to work through the HS Thermostat API.

So would like seasonal adjustment (if that is possible with English weather)!
          I would like to be able to use 3 modes which are directly related to X10 SC9000 alarm status, just incidental choices from old attempts to get something working although these modes are used for house occupancy and setting up phone services.
          The modes are:
          Disarmed = I am at home and awake.
          Armed Home = It's night time and / or the house is secure.
          Armed Away = I am out of the house and motion sensors are active for alarm purposes.
          I have no need for different daily patterns as I am one of those fortunate people who no longer has to go to work, the only day of the week which for me is different is a Wednesday as I am out of the house doing charity work.
          So the idea is that each mode can have different temperature settings to switch on and off.
          Seasonal or Monthly variation Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn although I think Spring and Autumn could be the same just different months.
          The only other thing would be the facility to override each mode, something like turning the heating from
          Armed Away to Disarmed remotely when I am away from home.
          or switching from Disarmed to Armed-Home and vice versa.
          This should all be possible using conditions built into the script by defining an external device to enable or disable the individual schedules. This might require you to use a few external events to control that device. This was by design to make the script as flexible and customizable as possible.

Two more things which are pertinent, at the moment I am about to embark on a major rebuild of my HS machine from the ground up, something I have been putting off for 18 months 500 devices and 120 events so bit of a nightmare and something I envisage will take me a while.
          We've all been there.

The other thing is a some point I wish to purchase some sort of Z-wave thermostat although not at all sure what and once again incidental as the plugin supports Z-wave.
          I haven't done much with HS3 re Thermostats, however so long as they're treated similarly to HS2 through a defined API, I should be able to deal with it.
          The only caveat is that I don't actually use HS3 myself and have no hardware connected to my test machine. However, I should be able to test most functions.
          This all may take me a while, so please be patient. I'll let you know as soon as I have something for you to test.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Great news.

Many thanks Wadenut,
            As you can see from my post it will take me quite sometime to re build my system so definately no rush, really pleased you seem optimistic that I can improve my current situation, great news.
            I have this thread tagged but do not read the e-mails on a daily basis so may take a while for me to get back to you. In the mean time if you require any more info let me know.
            Thanks
            Peter

Comment

Working...
            X