• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wadenut
    replied
    Solved.
    Try 1.5.8.2
    As usual, it would be best to delete any existing data before running this. Delete the TideTables folder in \Data & delete all entries in the Config under "Data".
    Should only be necessary to replace the VBEN file this time.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I've been able to duplicate the problem by logging in through a VPN to an American location.
    I will work on this further when I have a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    In Boston now. I tried Boston-Light-Boston-Harbor-Massachusetts and your example in the docs Horton-Bluff-Avon-River-Nova-Scotia as well as a few others and got the same result for all of them. No rush. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by will40 View Post
    I just tried it and got error in log:

Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\WorldTides.vben :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0.
    I'll need to know the tide site you're using. The previous site output only yy-mm-dd and metric data which was very straight forward. This new site customizes its output according to your physical location. Thus, I've only been able to test from my own location. It would seem the site also customizes its date format. I take it you're in Nebraska? This is going to take some time unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    I just tried it and got error in log:

Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\WorldTides.vben :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Had you used previous versions of this?
    Running HS4?
    Pi version?

I've just run the script using your exact config and without an initial data file.
    I have no error and the data file is created and populated.
    The Tide device text is currently (as i'd expect to see):

Calculation will commence at
    High Tide 0.66 feet Mon at 05:12 AM
    for Noank-Mystic-River-entrance-Connecticut

I'll have to wait until 5:12 tomorrow morning to see what effect "ShowMax = 1" will have, I would suggest something a little larger however.
    Other than that, at this point i have no idea. That error is usually one that HS throws on its own.
    For now, possibly, disable the event, delete and recreate your devices and delete the empty csv file, edit the ini to delete the "DATA" section, then re-enable the event.

Leave a comment:

• mystic860
    replied
    Hi,
    Loaded latest and am getting this error. Anyway to troubleshoot what the error actually means?

7/18/2021 12:29:04 PM HomeSeer Error 1 Running script WorldTides.vben :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    7/18/2021 12:29:03 PM HomeSeer Event Running script in background (TideGrab): WorldTides.vben
    7/18/2021 12:29:03 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Utility TideGrab"
    7/18/2021 12:29:03 PM HomeSeer Event Event Utility TideGrab triggered by the events page 'Run' button.

[Config]
    Site = Noank-Mystic-River-entrance-Connecticut
    DLInt =24
    ShowMax = 1
    Device= Almanac Tide Times
    UseDeviceValue= True
    SunRiseDev = Almanac SunRise Time
    SunSetDev = Almanac SunSet Time
    MoonRiseDev = Almanac MoonRise Time
    MoonSetDev = Almanac MoonSet Time
    ShowTimeTo = True
    Metric = False
    ShowTxtLocation = False
    ShowTxtValue = True
    ShowTxtList = True
    ShowTxtStatus = True
    Graphic = True
    SMGraphic = True
    UseMoonGif = True
    [Data]
    Version=1.5.8.1
    Site=Noank-Mystic-River-entrance-Connecticut

.csv file is created but is zero k in size.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    V 1.5.8.1 is posted.
    Sorry for the delay; everything was ready except the documentation when I got sidetracked with some personal issues. I've had this version in use here for more than a month now.
    Pay careful attention to the changes to the config file and site determination steps (see the doc file).

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    There is one that provides data in an XML format, but it's subscription based and I didn't think anyone would want that. <snips>
    Wholeheartedly agree....

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

I'd love to have some robust tidal river sites near me, but looking at the bigger picture, I think it would make herding cats look easy.
    I'll look at it. The trouble is, each of these sites present the data in their own format. There is one that provides data in an XML format, but it's subscription based and I didn't think anyone would want that. Meantime, see if you can find what you want here: https://www.tide-forecast.com/ This provides data a month in advance and includes sun and moon times.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

Correct. I'd included tidal river currents in previous versions because the data had been provided by sites I'd used in the past. Unfortunately, I'm committed now and ready to post the new version. I'll keep this site in mind however once I know it can cover all locations. It's quite a job to switch now.
    I'd love to have some robust tidal river sites near me, but looking at the bigger picture, I think it would make herding cats look easy.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
    I think tidal river sites may be [something else] based, like fishing. Here is a local (to me) example...

https://www.fishingreminder.com/US/c...North_Carolina
    Correct. I'd included tidal river currents in previous versions because the data had been provided by sites I'd used in the past. Unfortunately, I'm committed now and ready to post the new version. I'll keep this site in mind however once I know it can cover all locations. It's quite a job to switch now.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    I think tidal river sites may be [something else] based, like fishing. Here is a local (to me) example...

https://www.fishingreminder.com/US/c...North_Carolina

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    We're close.
    The new site data is a completely different structure and doesn't provide data for the current day. The latter caused me some trouble but it's been dealt with.
    I still haven't located any tidal river sites. Those I'd previously used to test don't seem to exist in the new site. I'll leave the code in place in case something turns up and the need arises.
    Other than that, there's been minimal change to the appearance of data in HS. I'll provide Site locating directions with the test version when it's ready.
    To Do:
    - Test tide site change
    - Test English units. So far I've been working strictly with metric.
    Each of these requires a fresh data download which occurs once on a daily basis.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I have the basics working with the new site.
    There are a couple of things yet to be addressed before I put it out there:
    - Metric to English unit conversion. I've yet to determine whether the site always returns metric values, or English units in the case your physical location or tide location happens to be in the only country in the entire world still using that archaic system of measurement.
    - Tidal locations. I have yet to determine whether or not the site provides this information, and then deal with the new data in the calculations if necessary.
    - Finally, if all goes well here, update the docs. The only change seems to be in determining the location name and entering that in the config file. Everything else remains unchanged from previous versions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X