World Tides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Jon0
    Try v1.1. Hopefully it will take care of your date conversion problem.

General:
    - In some cases, rather than initially erroring if insufficient data is available, the script will schedule a new download, and wait for provider data. Subsequently the current days data is always retained on downloading to prevent interruptions.
    - Works with tidal river data.
    - Updated documentation.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Version 1.1 is working for me. Thank you, I'm excited to put this to good use!

I also modified another script I had to tell me the tide is rising, which is something I need to know for my dock deicer automation. Here is the script (V30 is the HS variable for the tides and V19 is turned on if the tide is rising)in case anyone finds it useful:

Sub Main(parm as object)
      dim sVal as String
      sVal= hs.deviceString("V30")
      If sVal.ToUpper.Contains("RISING") Then
      hs.Transmit ("V19","on",0,0,False,False)
      else
      hs.Transmit ("V19","off",0,0,False,False)
      End If
      End Sub

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

The tide site appears to be down. Are you having problems Wadenut or is it just me?
          I haven't received updates for a couple of days.
          Jono

Comment

yes, the site is down. There are a couple of others that can be used, but as this is a web scrape, it means a lot of re-work in the script. May be a while before I can find that kind of time. I'll add it to the growing list.

Comment

seems to be up and running again today; hopefully it was just a temporary thing.

Comment

thanks for the info. I'd hoped it was temporary.

Comment

V1.2
                  Cleaned up the display a bit. Added DAY of week to the list of upcoming tides to eliminate guess work when several days are included. Also added an optional "Time to next" string to the display. This will indicate the time to the next upcoming High or Low tide. The option is set true in the included config.

I've found this script quite useful in planning my Striped Bass fishing trips lately. You need to be fishing for Bass during a small window quite close to the high tides.

To upgrade, just copy the VBEN file to the scripts directory then set options in, then copy the INI to the Config directory.

I have yet to do anything about the "site down" problem. To my knowledge this has only occurred once since the initial release, and so isn't a big problem.

Comment

Thanks Wadenut. The new features are much appreciated.
                    I had to eliminate the last date from the config file to get it to work but it now works fine. Many thanks.

Comment

Oh yeah. It would have caught up the next day. I won't bother changing anything. You and I seem to be the only ones using this.

Comment

Nop, I use it too and love it.
                        I'll be updating mine tonight

Comment

Small cosmetic request. Any chance the next time you are working on this (if there is a next time) you can replace the first dash in each line with a colon?
                          <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><FORM method=post name=chkOPForm2796><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=center></TD></FORM><TD id=dv2796 class=tablecellcustom> Rising: 0.76 feet. Next slack in 5 Hours 29 Minutes
                          Sat 06:34 Low Tide - -0.00 feet
                          Sat 13:14 High Tide - 2.79 feet

I include this information in emails and the high tides look like they are negative # of feet and the low tides look like they are a double negative.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Consider it done. May be a few days as I'm playing with a couple of other changes as well.

Comment

Wadenut,
                              Will this script work with HS3? If nto would you consider porting it?
                              I live just a few miles from the coast and love to know the tides for planning walks on the beach, photoshots etc. Beleive it or not, this is one of the few things that impressed my wife with home automation ....

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                                Wadenut,
                                Will this script work with HS3? If nto would you consider porting it?
                                I live just a few miles from the coast and love to know the tides for planning walks on the beach, photoshots etc. Beleive it or not, this is one of the few things that impressed my wife with home automation ....
                                I did buy an HS3 upgrade license but, at this point, I'm not using it and have little or no intention of doing so if my HS2 license may eventually be deactivated. I have too much time invested in HS2.
                                That said, as long as I am able to use HS3 without applying the licence (while it remains in beta), or I know for certain I can run HS3 along side HS2 permanently, there is the possibility I may look into porting a few scripts, if only out of curiosity. I doubt I'll ever feel the need to move from HS2 as it is very stable now, does everything I need, and has full plugin support. Many of the plugins I currently depend on will never make the cut to HS3 as the authors, for one reason or another, are no longer with us.

Comment

Working...
                                X