World Tides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply,

I totally understand where you're coming from. If it comforts you, there is a post somewhere that states that we can run both licenses in parallel.

But I feel the same with the plugins. There are a bunch of neat things that will most likely will never make it to HS3, like the Prowl plugin. Then on the other side, there a a few really nice plugins coming down the pike like Spud's XBMC plugin. I have been waiting to purchase plugins for about 8 months now waiting for HS3 but since it's slow out of the gate, seems like I will be sticking with HS2 for a while myself. Now I just don't want to buy plugins for HS2 just to have to buy them back for HS3. Fell a little stuck

Comment

1.3 Posted

1.3 is posted. It adds several options (and changes the hyphen to a colon). See the included doc.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Hi Wadenut,
        The colon is not showing up for me. Still the dash.
        I replaced all the files, except the config file. Should I have done that too?
        I did eliminate the time stamp in the config file, restarted HS, rebooted. Perhaps it only changes dash to colon when a new set of tide data is available?
        Thanks much
        Jono

Comment

You should replace the INI. Be careful to retain your "site" setting, and pay attention to all the device options.
          The colon has no choice but to show up once your data updates.

Comment

I'm still not getting the colon. I checked the date of the script file in 1.3 and it is Oct 2, which is before the request for the colon. Any chance the old file is posted in version 1.3?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
              I'm still not getting the colon. I checked the date of the script file in 1.3 and it is Oct 2, which is before the request for the colon. Any chance the old file is posted in version 1.3?
              DOH!!!!

Try it now. (replace the config & there is new info in the doc)

Comment

colon is now working; thanks much.
                I just tried the sunrise/sunset variables. They have still not populated but it could be they are not on my tide site and therefore not available to scrape.

Comment

That ought to start when the script downloads new data (once per day). It does use the website data.
                  I have another script that does actually calculate times for sunrise/sunset for any latitude. It reports Official. Civil, Nautical and Astronomical times. I've always intended to add moonrise/moonset calculations as well but never got around to it. The moon is a bit more complex problem than the sun.

Comment

It is all working great for me; thanks!!

Comment

I've just uploaded v1.4. This is compatible with both HS2 and HS3.

In order to enable simultaneous compatibility with both HS versions, it was necessary to make changes to the configuration. Devices are now defined by Name rather than by device code. Please read the documentation and update your config file before attempting to run this script.

Comment

Hello Wadenut,

Thank you for developing your World Tide Script. I've been having some difficulty making 1.4 work. I'm still running HS/2 and have defined a device (Status Only) as Z45 (device code), Florida (name) located in a Tides group. How should the Device = name be defined in the INI file?

Here's what I did and other variants haven't worked either:

Device = Florida Tides

Thanks,
                        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Is there an error?
                          Format is: Location1 (as shown on your status page) + the Device Name. NOT the Device Code. IE "Almanac Tide Times" where "Almanac" is the Location1 and "Tide Times" is the Device Name. Post a shot of your Device page and I may see the problem.
                          Meantime I'll double check that I did upload the correct copy. (Edit: It is correct)

I'm actually only using this regularly in HS2. It's also been tested with HS3 and does work.
                          Last edited by Wadenut; November 10, 2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Try 1.4.1
                            I've added some device error checking.

Comment

World Tides

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                              Try 1.4.1
                              I've added some device error checking.
                              Thanks Wadenut for your quick responses and modifications. I'm away from my PC at the moment, but will try out your suggestions later this afternoon.

Best regards,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                              -Todd

HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Hello Wadenut,

I simplified what I was doing by sticking to your device and folder naming convention. I also updated the script with your latest one. Unfortunately, here's the error message I'm receiving.

Here's the weblink to the location that I have in the INI file:

http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tidesh...lorida&units=f
                                Attached Files
                                -Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X