Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nest Thermostat Plugin Part II - Solved!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nest Thermostat Plugin Part II - Solved!

    I'm no longer able to post in the original thread so I have started a new thread to discuss.

    Attached is a debug version that should resolve the current issue being seen by some user. It is related to the address that you have set for your nest device. The nest website seems to return a non-valid JSON string for some addresses. This dll will patch the returned string. Please try it out and let me know.

    Once I know this works I will submit it for the uploader.

    Thanks,
    Jason
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jrhubott; August 27th, 2013, 11:40 AM.

  • #2
    same results.

    Unfortunately that version made no difference... I copied it over the old one, started homeseer, no joy. Disabled the plugin, renabled the plugin, no luck.

    8/19/2013 11:47:00 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in Nest
    8/19/2013 11:46:59 PM - Nest - Server started
    8/19/2013 11:46:59 PM - Nest - Housecode: +
    8/19/2013 11:46:57 PM - Nest - Registered Device found: +2 on Nest
    8/19/2013 11:46:57 PM - Nest - Registered Device found: +3 on Nest
    8/19/2013 11:46:57 PM - Nest - Registered Device found: +5 on Nest
    8/19/2013 11:46:57 PM - Nest - Registered Device found: +1 on Nest
    8/19/2013 11:46:56 PM - Nest - EnumerateDevices
    8/19/2013 11:46:56 PM - Nest Warning - Trial version will expire in 29 days
    8/19/2013 11:46:56 PM - Nest - You have 29 days remaining to evaluate Nest monitoring and control plug-in (Nest).
    8/19/2013 11:46:56 PM - Nest Warning - Debug logging enabled
    8/19/2013 11:46:56 PM - Nest - Initialized
    8/19/2013 11:46:56 PM - Nest - RefCount: 1

    Comment


    • #3
      Nest Thermostat Plugin Part II

      I will continue investigating. It is weird no additional info is logged when it fails.

      I know it is working for many installs, including mine. I see the incorrectly formatted JSON string. myHouse being returned for the address. Maybe additional info is malformed.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

      Comment


      • #4
        one thing i noticed

        Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
        I will continue investigating. It is weird no additional info is logged when it fails.

        I know it is working for many installs, including mine. I see the incorrectly formatted JSON string. myHouse being returned for the address. Maybe additional info is malformed.


        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        The nest I am using is a "new" version. Apparently there are two versions of the hardware, maybe more? Could be unrelated, but I think that its worth investigating.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fdarden View Post
          The nest I am using is a "new" version. Apparently there are two versions of the hardware, maybe more? Could be unrelated, but I think that its worth investigating.
          Might be related. I think it is related to away time / auto-away mode. I will post a new version when I get home today from work that might fix the problem and includes more debug information.

          Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for the debugging help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Please try the attached new version V1.0.2.8. I hope this fixes the problem or gives enough information to troubleshoot.

            Thanks
            Jason
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Success!

              Jason,
              It worked! I now have all the devices listed in my nest group. Do you want the debug log from this?

              Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
              Please try the attached new version V1.0.2.8. I hope this fixes the problem or gives enough information to troubleshoot.

              Thanks
              Jason

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                Jason,
                It worked! I now have all the devices listed in my nest group. Do you want the debug log from this?
                Nope - I don't need the debug info. Thanks for looking at this with me. I now need to get the HS3 version ready to release.

                Thanks,
                Jason

                Comment


                • #9
                  Now that it is working

                  It would be nice to be able to actually set the temperature on the nest. I currently use Z-wave thermostats in other parts of my house, and have time/temperature events associated. I dont want to set things in the nest, as well as homeseer, but prefer a "single pane of glass" being homeseer. My couple of weeks with the nest has shown me that while its an awesome LOOKING thermostat, Homeseer has all the capabilities, and a lot more flexibility. So I would like to use it like a "standard" thermostat in Homeseer, and be able to include it in my A/C events.. As it stands today I have "events" in Homeseer that control two thermostats, and then the nest programming. Relying on Nests "learning" ability has left me in the heat, and I eventually cut all of it off. I actually would have returned the nest, but my wife absolutely loves the way it works and looks. If we could make it function like a standard HA thermostat, I think that would be the way to go!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                    It would be nice to be able to actually set the temperature on the nest. I currently use Z-wave thermostats in other parts of my house, and have time/temperature events associated. I dont want to set things in the nest, as well as homeseer, but prefer a "single pane of glass" being homeseer. My couple of weeks with the nest has shown me that while its an awesome LOOKING thermostat, Homeseer has all the capabilities, and a lot more flexibility. So I would like to use it like a "standard" thermostat in Homeseer, and be able to include it in my A/C events.. As it stands today I have "events" in Homeseer that control two thermostats, and then the nest programming. Relying on Nests "learning" ability has left me in the heat, and I eventually cut all of it off. I actually would have returned the nest, but my wife absolutely loves the way it works and looks. If we could make it function like a standard HA thermostat, I think that would be the way to go!
                    I will have this feature in the next release.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Updated V1.1.0.24 is now available

                      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=157541

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X