Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nest Thermostat Plugin Update - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Wow, you are missing out on a very good plugin. I have two friends that now use the plugin (since it's now officially available) and they love it. I would be using it but I personally think this stat is the ugliest thermostat I've ever seen. Looks like my old round mercury stat.
    Not quite sure what I'm "missing" WAF is way higher when she uses Nest App vs. HS. And I want something that works 100% when HS is down. The ONLY thing I want the plug-in for is to adjust temp when I arm the security system away. Given that our schedules are now pretty rigid, that's really only once or twice at weekend. If I was that forgetful, I could create an event to send me a text message to do it if I arm away at weekends.

As I said, when the NEST API is officially released and the plug-in is using that I will test it and most likely buy it.

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
    USB UIRT
    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
    2GIG Thermostat
    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
    BLUPS
    UltraLog (SQL2008)
    Jon00 Plugins
    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
    Global Cache IP2IR
    Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
      WAF is way higher when she uses Nest App vs. HS.
      Forget the WAF that blows all the fun. My wife has finally after 30 years of marriage determined that she will always live in a home that may on occasion not function as expected. The beauty is if it doesn't work she/I can always get up and manually adjust it or turn it on.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Forget the WAF that blows all the fun. My wife has finally after 30 years of marriage determined that she will always live in a home that may on occasion not function as expected. The beauty is if it doesn't work she/I can always get up and manually adjust it or turn it on.
        Don't care too much about WAF, just don't want to be hassled with "How do you adjust the thermostat" or "can you do it", so technically I guess its HAF

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
          Don't care too much about WAF, just don't want to be hassled with "How do you adjust the thermostat" or "can you do it", so technically I guess its HAF
          I can understand that. Hopefully this plugin will be converted to the API once it's available, if not I'm sure there are plugin authors lining up for this one.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

With respect to your question 6) does this plugin work properly with HStouch?

Here's what you can do:

- Set Home or Away via HS Event using the Nest function
            - Set specific temperature for each Nest device you own.

I haven't come up with an incremental -/+ 1 degree setting yet to incorporate into a HSTouch button. Maybe someone else has a script solution.

Best regards,
            -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

V3?

And..... Version for HS3? What about 3? Did I mention 3? Cause we really need a version for 3...

Just sayin'...

I liked this plugin for HS2, but am dead set on not going back to HS2, ever. I still get a nervous twitch when I think about it, in fact, and only my fond memories of HS1 and my thus far good (but limited) use of HS3 has kept me in this game. And I really want to use HS with my Nest.

There, I feel better having rid myself of the need to ask yet again.

Joe
              Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

I was waiting for the official release of the API for Nest before releasing a V3 version. I might just go ahead and release anyway a V3 version based on the current method.

I have sent HS the latest version so it should be in the updater soon for HS2.

Jason

Comment

Nest Thermostat Plugin Update - Working!

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
                  I was waiting for the official release of the API for Nest before releasing a V3 version. I might just go ahead and release anyway a V3 version based on the current method.

I have sent HS the latest version so it should be in the updater soon for HS2.

Jason
                  If you have a working HS3 version, I am happy to try / buy. I need minimal control, but SOMETHING would be great, please. Could we obtain a beta?

Thank You!
                  Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Madcodger View Post
                    If you have a working HS3 version, I am happy to try / buy. I need minimal control, but SOMETHING would be great, please. Could we obtain a beta?

Thank You!
                    +1. I'm using the python api + url calls from homeseer to trigger away on/off, but would like more control.

Comment

Nest Thermostat Control

How do you control the temperature of the nest with this plugin? I can only control Home/Away.

Comment

Nest Plug Plug-in 1.1.0.33 & HS2

FYI - when using this plug-in, I found that I had to repeatedly provide my login credentials when accessing my nest using the nest iOS device app or logging in from a web browser. After disabling this plug-in in Homeseer HS2, the problem went away. This phenomena with 3rd party apps is discussed in the nest community forum and the latest Homeseer plug-in as of 15 Aug 2014, 1.1.0.33, for HS2 causes this issue.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nest protect

First of all nice job!

I use your plugin every day and cann't live without it.

Can we expect a new version for HS2 with the ability to read from the Nest Protect?

Greets,

Michael

Comment

Working...
                          X