Trigger event via Link Editor URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event via Link Editor URL

I'd like to run an event with a button provided by the Link Editor add-on.
    I'm confused when I read the help section "Controlling devices and events from your own page" in the below example, what would the value be? Can I do this without the value.
    I'm figuring I just create a small html file which would be attached to the Link Editor button which gets create... Am I on track with this?

PHP Code:
    <form method="POST">
    <
    p><input type="submit" value="table lamp on" name="run_event"></p>
    </
    form
    Thanks,

Robert

EDIT: Ok... I see what the value is. But again, I just rather use the link button.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

You can trigger an event like that, however you will be left with a blank page in your browser which you will need to clear down.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks for that... Do you have any suggestions then?

I actually use the event to open/close one of my garage doors. It's a pain to go to the events page and kick it off there.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I cannot think of an easy solution through the Link Button URL, however both DooMenuBar (in the HS2 updater) and my Account links do allow this.

If you want to try my Account links, please send me an email as I have an updated version which was never published. I won't be offended if you don't!
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X