[VB.NET] dwr_pollen.vb discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VB.NET] dwr_pollen.vb discussion thread

This is the discussion thread for the dwr_pollen.vb script.

The script can be found here:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1132247

Script updated to V1.1, to catch a hardcoded image issue I left in on accident.
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Request for adding up to the 3 day capturing as a feature. (x10joe)

My idea of adding a variable zipcode for use when traveling.
    Probably should move all "features" into an INI for enable/disable.
    Should set it up as device "Groups"
    Setup Zipcode for group 1-3 (zipcode, device codes, etc.)

Then, instead of passing a zipcode into the param, you submit which group you want to operate on.

i.e. dwr_pollen.vb("main","1")
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Match Jon00's original format for the string:
      7.60 - Grass, Nettle and Chenopods
      instead of
      Grass, Nettle and Chenopods - 7.60

Comment

The next time you're bored

In the comments section at the front it still says:
        '* Purpose: This script is used to control multiple Zones of Winamp, each "zone" consists *
        '* of a sound card and a copy of winamp setup for that specific winamp. *

Thanks for all the hard work, Dan!
        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

DOH!

Thanks, I'll fix that up as well. Nice to have complex headers...when they are accurate!

--Dan

Comment

I think I see why my parsing was not working well.
            Randomly they add strange things to the column and row tags:
            "{td class="vaB taC"} "
            instead of just "{td}"

except { are really <

Forgot that the forum here will read those as HTML.

Sneaky. I guess my kludge is probably the best way to work it, but I'm sure I can be more efficient on the memory use. This script is going to essentially hold a copy of the webpage twice. Not a big deal, but it bugs me when code is sloppy.

--Dan
            Last edited by drozwood90; August 6, 2014, 08:19 AM. Reason: change < to {

Comment

Tried your script and got this error -
              Code:
              8/6/2014 4:08:23 PM ~!~DWR_POLLEN~!~System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "*
              		<div class="center" sty" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: One of the identified items was in an invalid format.   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Utils.IsHexOrOctValue(String Value, Int64& i64Value)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.CompareObject2(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.ConditionalCompareObjectGreater(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare)   at scriptcode45.scriptcode45.GetPollenInfo(String zipcode)   at scriptcode45.scriptcode45.Main(String parms)
              I was supposed to make this a .vb extension from the .txt one right?

Thanks,
              Tim
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Dan,

I found this in the log today:
                System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string " System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.CompareObje ct2(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.Conditional CompareObjectGreater(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare) at scriptcode23.scriptcode23.GetPollenInfo(String zipcode) at scriptcode23.scriptcode23.Main(String parms)

Comment

Has anyone had any success? Worked for one day.

Dan,

Any ideas?

Joe

Comment

HMm...I'll see about all those errors, but it is still running perfectly fine here.

No errors, etc. I just did a set device string on my device to "0". Checked, it said 0. Then I manually ran the script. It re-populated everything properly.

What version of Homeseer are you both on?
                    What is your zip code (if you don't want to post, e-mail it to me, so I can test)?
                    Can you screenshot your event that you made?

And yes, renaming, you should get a filename:
                    dwr_pollen.vb

When you create the event make sure it is a CAPITAL "Main"
                    that there is NO space between the two parameters (at the comma).
                    That is:
                    dwr_pollen.vb("Main","zipcode")

--Dan

Comment

Dan,

HomeSeer Version 2.5.0.80 and 62704.

Joe

Comment

Screenshot
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dan,

I just tried 90210 Cali zip and it worked. I'm in Illinois.

Comment

Tried a few other zips and they work. Doesn't like Springfield, IL zips

Comment

HS 2.5.0.80
                              I have tried the 3 towns around me.
                              I checked at Wunderground's site and the info was there. It was 0.90 yesturday.
                              51331, 51351, 51360

Thanks,
                              Tim
                              Attached Files
                              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Working...
                              X