IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I am having problems getting iRule feedback to work. I have set up everything as per instructions. I have an error in the log,
    drhsIpPlugIn<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> No TcpClients for iRule</td></tr></tbody></table>
    I think that might be the problem

It sounds like iRule hasn't connected to the plugin. Do you see anything in the Homeseer log relating to that?

-David

Comment

Looking through the log after opening the feedback page with my ipad i have seen the following in the log.

Warning file does not exist c://program files (x86)/Homeseer HS3/html/skyrefresh

Skyrefresh is what irule sends to HS3 from the entrance, which is then triggering the entrance event

In the event i have if drhsipplugin connection irule string received Skyrefresh encoding type raw text

Looking at the log it doesnt look as if the event has triggered

Comment

Looking through the log after opening the feedback page with my ipad i have seen the following in the log.

Warning file does not exist c://program files (x86)/Homeseer HS3/html/skyrefresh

Skyrefresh is what irule sends to HS3 from the entrance, which is then triggering the entrance event

In the event i have if drhsipplugin connection irule string received Skyrefresh encoding type raw text

Looking at the log it doesnt look as if the event has triggered
        It looks like you have iRule trying to connect to Homeseer as an http gateway. It needs to connect as a network gateway to whichever tcp port you specified in the Connection you defined in the plugin's config. Eg.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1186609

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
          It looks like you have iRule trying to connect to Homeseer as an http gateway. It needs to connect as a network gateway to whichever tcp port you specified in the Connection you defined in the plugin's config. Eg.

[ATTACH]55834[/ATTACH]

-David
          I think I can see where my problem is. under Network, wheer you have homeseer, homeseer feedback, mine says connect devices. I click on that, and only have one homeseer device which says (in use) and I cannot select it. I do not have a homeseer feedback device either

Comment

I think I can see where my problem is. under Network, wheer you have homeseer, homeseer feedback, mine says connect devices. I click on that, and only have one homeseer device which says (in use) and I cannot select it. I do not have a homeseer feedback device either
            In iRule, what does the gateway config of your existing homeseer device look like?

Comment

Here are the screenshots. I have created a empty device homeseer feedback and attached to the network gate way as you can see, but that made no difference.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here are the screenshots. I have created a empty device homeseer feedback and attached to the network gate way as you can see, but that made no difference.
                That looks OK. Does your corresponding connection definition in the plugin look like this?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Config4.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1186621

Comment

0.0.0.0/0, means it will listen for connections from any ip address. If you want to restrict the plugin to listening only to a single ip address, you could specify that address here.

Comment

0.0.0.0/0, means it will listen for connections from any ip address. If you want to restrict the plugin to listening only to a single ip address, you could specify that address here.
                    I had it like that but with my iPads IP instead of 0.0.0.0/0, I have just changed it to see if it makes a difference. Will test tonight.

Maybe the feedback value is not configured right ? Don't think that's the problem but wasn't sure on that one

Setting the IP in the plugin to 0.0.0.0/0 did not make any difference. Still getting the drhsIpPlugIn No TcpClients for iRule Error
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mikee123; August 9, 2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I think the main problem is I haven't got a device to assign to the Homeseer feedback (Network) gateway. I did create a empty Homeseer feedback device but that doesn't make sense. And I cannot assign my Homeseer device as its in use.

Comment

Driver Crash

I ave been using this driver and it seems to work well however over the past month the driver is crashing. Any ideas what might be causing it?

See screen shots of alert - let me know if you need more details.

Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mlconti View Post
                          I ave been using this driver and it seems to work well however over the past month the driver is crashing. Any ideas what might be causing it?

See screen shots of alert - let me know if you need more details.

Thanks!
                          What version of the plugin are you running? From the screenshot it looks like it might be v21, in which case, try updating to v25.

-David

Comment

What version of the plugin are you running? From the screenshot it looks like it might be v21, in which case, try updating to v25.

-David
                            I see that. I will load that next week and see if that fixes the issue. THANKS!

Comment

Nice plugin, just installed it to try remote triggering of zoneminder and it works well. For example I can trigger a recording by sending this text...

2|on+20|123|motion|dectected|event

BTW, there a typo in the install instructions... it say place the .ini in the /data folder? should this not be the /config folder?

Comment

I seem to have somehow managed to remove all log rows from this plugin in my homeseer log - is there any tips on how to get them back or what I have done

Comment

Working...
                                X