• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunter69 View Post
    I am at work and will post the info when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
      If you go back a few pages there should be a PDF I posted on how to send feedbacks. I'll ask cheeryfool to add it to the first page of the download thread too.

-David

Done. Posted to release thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Vodden View Post
        Hello again

Still cannot get iRule to connect to HomeSeer. I have followed all the instructions provided in the thread and HomeSeer will not show up as a gateway on my iRule on the device. When I go into the 'Add Device'tab, it is empty. I've posted my set-up here once but nobody commented on it. Is there anything that needs to be changed in my router? I'm grasping at straws here but I've gotten nowhere with this and it is becoming a little frustrating.
        I am sharing my setup, hopefully it will be beneficial to you or someone else. Disclaimer; I have a really basic setup and there are far more knowledgeable people on this board, but I thought I might share anyhow.

Here is my connection info inside the plugin

In Irule Builder I have this device:

I am going to provide an example of the code. If you look at the above screenshot you will see a command called "beforemovie", here is a screenshot of that command (everything here I am doing is raw text):

Here is a screenshot the the "before movie" event that is activated when the command is received from irule:

Here is the connection for the gateway and device from Irule on my phone:

Thats about it. Hopefully this helps you and others setup a basic connection and make it work.

By the way: I just worked on getting feedback utilizing the PDF provided in this thread and it works nicely. If you are interested in screenshots (if this was at all helpful of course), I would be more than happy to create another post similar to this.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Clear examples always help. Simpler the better.

FYI, 192.168.x.x IP range is an internal IP address, not internet exposed...so no need to blur these.

Comment

I am sharing my setup, hopefully it will be beneficial to you or someone else. Disclaimer; I have a really basic setup and there are far more knowledgeable people on this board, but I thought I might share anyhow.

Here is my connection info inside the plugin

In Irule Builder I have this device:

I am going to provide an example of the code. If you look at the above screenshot you will see a command called "beforemovie", here is a screenshot of that command (everything here I am doing is raw text):

Here is a screenshot the the "before movie" event that is activated when the command is received from irule:

Here is the connection for the gateway and device from Irule on my phone:

Thats about it. Hopefully this helps you and others setup a basic connection and make it work.

By the way: I just worked on getting feedback utilizing the PDF provided in this thread and it works nicely. If you are interested in screenshots (if this was at all helpful of course), I would be more than happy to create another post similar to this.

Bill

Thanks for your setup info. Very helpful.

I am curious what user name and password you are using? Your HomeSeer login?

Comment

The login is the windows account on the homeseer server.

Comment

The login is the windows account on the homeseer server.
                That shouldn't be necessary. The plugin doesn't perform any user authentication. Do you get an error if you leave the username/password blank?

-David

Comment

0.0.25 - Incoming TCP data

I have just upgraded to version 0.25, and have discovered a bug.

I have a host connection defined as
                  "TCP", IP "0.0.0.0/0" listening on 6968

When I send a raw command to this box from my linux box using the command:

'echo OpenGate! | nc -w 1 x.x.x.x 6968'

the command keeps repeating in a loop, as if my host is continuing to send the data. I have verified with tcpdump that it is only sent once.

I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.297.

Any suggestions on how to remedy? I am going to roll back to a prior version for now, as I assume this is a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by redbaron73 View Post
                    I am going to roll back to a prior version for now, as I assume this is a bug.
                    Turns out I cannot find a prior version. I erased it on my system. Does anyone have a link to v 0.21?

Comment

I have just upgraded to version 0.25, and have discovered a bug.

I have a host connection defined as
                      "TCP", IP "0.0.0.0/0" listening on 6968

When I send a raw command to this box from my linux box using the command:

'echo OpenGate! | nc -w 1 x.x.x.x 6968'

the command keeps repeating in a loop, as if my host is continuing to send the data. I have verified with tcpdump that it is only sent once.

I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.297.

Any suggestions on how to remedy? I am going to roll back to a prior version for now, as I assume this is a bug.
                      Yes, that's a bug! Have repro'ed it on my test box. Looking into it now.

-David

Comment

Turns out I cannot find a prior version. I erased it on my system. Does anyone have a link to v 0.21?
                        PM me your email address and I will send you a link.

Comment

I've just sent cheeryfool v26 of the plugin. Only change is a fix for redbaron73's reported bug. It should be posted to the main thread soon.

-David

Comment

v26 uploaded here
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for the quick turn around! I installed it and everything is running great!

Comment

Tivo TCP

Has anyone figured out the Tivo command format? I am pulling my hair out.
                                Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X