Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Drule.

Yes tried the plugin in HS3 running on Win7e and see the serial tab.

So tried using the loopback address and port 3001 and configured an event to trigger on one of the 4 digit alpha numeric RFID tags and event does not trigger.

Should I be seeing the serial port data in the logs?

So testing the plugin on Linux Ubuntu running HS3 Lite and testing the plugin on an Oracle 7E Virtual box running on the same computer.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

• Got it running with created event.

Thank you Drule.

Here is the configuration:

I had to enable the persist checkbox to get the event to trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RFID-1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1353784
      Test event configured:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RFID-2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1353785

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

• Hi, I'm using the plugin to send values of my devices to another controller. I have an event for each device that if they change value to send Status/Value of that device. It works well for some device because it sends the device address and it's value. So I have a script on the other controller to update its status based upon the device address an. On other devices it does not send the device address, just the value. How can I get it to send the device address on all devices?

Comment

Working...
        X