Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
    Hi

I have some issues receiving data from my Denon reciever.

My reciever is connected to GC-100 device via serial. I have no problems controlling it, however I am not able to handle the responses.

Currently my script is like this:

Code:
      Public Sub Main(Param As Object)
        hs.WriteLog("drhsIpPlugin", Param.ToString)
      End Sub
    The only response I get in the log is "System.Object[]"

Like this, if I change the volume on my reciever.
    Oct-12 14:43:15 drhsIpPlugin System.Object[]
    Oct-12 14:43:14 drhsIpPlugin System.Object[]
    Oct-12 14:43:14 drhsIpPlugin System.Object[]

Any Idea what might be wrong?

I am able to recieve the data if I am connecting to the global cache using socat and communicate using minicom.
    The plugin passes an array to scripts rather than a single variable. There should be 4 elements to the array. Element(0) is the connection name, Element(1) is the remote ip address, Element(2) is an ASCII representation of the data received and Element(3) is an array of bytes containing the actual data. Try
    Code:
      Public Sub Main(Param() As Object)
        hs.WriteLog("drhsIpPlugin", Param(2).ToString)
      End Sub

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
      The plugin passes an array to scripts rather than a single variable. There should be 4 elements to the array. Element(0) is the connection name, Element(1) is the remote ip address, Element(2) is an ASCII representation of the data received and Element(3) is an array of bytes containing the actual data. Try
      Code:
        Public Sub Main(Param() As Object)
          hs.WriteLog("drhsIpPlugin", Param(2).ToString)
        End Sub
      Thanks. This works perfectly.

Comment

Comment

I'm surprised this bug wasn't reported sooner! Incoming data was matching strings in all events regardless of which connection they arrived on. Have fixed and will send version .27 over to cheeryfool shortly for uploading to the main thread.
          -David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
            Have fixed and will send version .27 over to cheeryfool shortly for uploading to the main thread.
            -David
            Now uploaded to the release thread
            cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks Drule and cheeryfool,

Now works perfectly and triggers correctly.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by B50int View Post
                Drule,

Fantastic plugin. It works beautifully for controlling my HDMI matrix and has opened up a whole new world of integration in my house".
                Hi Jon - Just wondering what HDMI matrix you're using and your very quick thoughts on controlling it. Is it 4K, UHD etc?
                I have a few switchers but they are manual or IR remote controlled which works but is clunky.
                Cheers.

Comment

Its an Extron 8x8 https://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=dxphdmi

Comment

Serial not working please help

Followed the instructions strictly and yet the serial communication doesn't work.

Tried all options for the text (HTML, plain, C escaped) nothing worked.

I have this in the log

drhsIpPlugIn Starting serial client for Lutron on COM4

however nothing in the log when the plug-in is called by an event to send a serial command. The event is in the log but no trace from the plug-in.
                    I do have a reliable screen monitor on the serial receiving end an there is nothing there. Not a trace of activity.

Please help ! System info below

Current Date/Time: 11/2/2017 1:41:37 PM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 46 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.1.154
                    Number of Devices: 124
                    Number of Events: 4
                    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    0.0.0.27: drhsIpPlugIn
                    3.0.0.56: DSC Security

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                      Followed the instructions strictly and yet the serial communication doesn't work.

Tried all options for the text (HTML, plain, C escaped) nothing worked.

I have this in the log

drhsIpPlugIn Starting serial client for Lutron on COM4

however nothing in the log when the plug-in is called by an event to send a serial command. The event is in the log but no trace from the plug-in.
                      I do have a reliable screen monitor on the serial receiving end an there is nothing there. Not a trace of activity.

Please help ! System info below

Current Date/Time: 11/2/2017 1:41:37 PM
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 46 Seconds
                      IP Address: 192.168.1.154
                      Number of Devices: 124
                      Number of Events: 4
                      Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      0.0.0.27: drhsIpPlugIn
                      3.0.0.56: DSC Security
                      Can you tell us a bit more about your connection, command and event? Do you have screenshots?

Comment

Details

Tanks for the prompt attention to this matter.
                        Trying to control Lutron RadioRA lights over serial interface.
                        Using com4 native port on HS3 Windows 7 computer.
                        Screenshots attached below.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Drule,

Do you need anything else? Please advise what's wrong with the serial.

Thanks,

RI2

Comment

Not happy

not happy with what I see here. Lack of response and lack of responsibility. Ultimately the old saying applies "you get what you pay".

Hiring a freelancer now to develop my own communication plug-in. It will be a professional thing. It will be sold for $29.90 and it will be supported professionally.

Code name is "Big4" and it will support the following means of communication

serial RS232/RS485
                            TCP
                            MQTT
                            HTTP

The reason for that is that quite often I come across some odd projects that are not worthy of own plug-in. For example some weird sensors that report over MQTT. Or some irrigation relays that respond to http commands, or audio equipment that is RS232 enabled. "Big4" will save the effort of developing a plug-in for each one. Just read the manual of the device and write a HS3 event that will manage it.
                            Last edited by risquare; November 14, 2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                              not happy with what I see here. Lack of response and lack of responsibility. Ultimately the old saying applies "you get what you pay".

Hiring a freelancer now to develop my own communication plug-in. It will be a professional thing. It will be sold for $29.90 and it will be supported professionally.

Code name is "Big4" and it will support the following means of communication

serial RS232/RS485
                              TCP
                              MQTT
                              HTTP

The reason for that is that quite often I come across some odd projects that are not worthy of own plug-in. For example some weird sensors that report over MQTT. Or some irrigation relays that respond to http commands, or audio equipment that is RS232 enabled. "Big4" will save the effort of developing a plug-in for each one. Just read the manual of the device and write a HS3 event that will manage it.
                              Cool! How much you paying?

Comment

mucho dinero

Comment

Working...
                                X