• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

This help me for my denon receiver.

Jean-francois.

Comment

Potential bug?

I want to catch an input change on a Marantz AVR and fire and event. I have the event configured for this received command:

SIGAME\r (for GAME input)

I used RealTerm to verify that the device is in fact sending this command when changing inputs with the remote. I checked with a hex editor to make sure that <CR> is at the end of the command and no other unprintable characters.

If I query the AVR for the current input with SI?\r I also get SIGAME\r as the response and the event actually fires.

I believe the difference in behavior my lay in how verbose of a response the Marantz sends when changing inputs. When I query the input with SI?\r I get these two responses back-to-back:

SIGAME
      SVOFF

This fires my event. When I change the input with a remote I get a crazy number of commands in the terminal:

SIGAME
      CVFL 50
      CVFR 50
      CVC 50
      CVSL 50
      CVSR 50
      CVSBL 50
      CVSBR 50
      CVEND
      MVMAX 98
      MSDOLBY SURROUND
      SDAUTO
      PSDRC OFF
      DCAUTO
      PSMULTEQ:AUDYSSEY
      PSDYNEQ ON
      PSDYNVOL OFF
      PSLFE 00
      PSBAS 50
      PSTRE 50
      PSTONE CTRL OFF
      SVOFF
      SSINFAISSIG 02
      SSINFAISFSV 48K
      MSMULTI CH IN 7.1
      PSDRC OFF
      PSLFE 00
      PSBAS 50
      PSTRE 50
      PSTONE CTRL OFF
      SSSMG MOV

The AVR seems to be reporting a bunch of input-specific settings every time you change inputs. This does not fire my event. My thinking is that the volume of messages is causing the event not to fire. It is the only difference between the two scenarios. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment

may be a stupid question...

I have my sharp TV added, and on and off commands set in the plugin, but how do I add the TV as a device in homeseer so I can control it? I know how to add zwave devices linked to my zwave controller, but for some reason can't figure out how to link a new device to this plugin...

Comment

I also am new to this plugin and have the same question as jjohnson, interested in knowing how to send a command from an HS device.

Would like to avoid using premade commands and HS events if possible. Through your plugin or scripting would be preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
            I also am new to this plugin and have the same question as jjohnson, interested in knowing how to send a command from an HS device.

Would like to avoid using premade commands and HS events if possible. Through your plugin or scripting would be preferable.
            You can add a device from the HomeSeer home page and then create an event that triggers when that device is changed.

-David

Comment

Well, that's too bad. Making events for each device that sends a command or even updating an event to add an additional trigger is not ideal. I'm guessing this is probably not a limitation of your plugin, more HS? Would be great if your plugin provided a means to trigger a script based on an HS device change.

Here's my delima, I am implementing a sensor network of wireless Arduino devices that communicate through one gateway to HS. The wireless is using 915mhz is encrypted and is designed for very low power consumption. Basically think of it similar to Z-Wave with a Z-Net but much less expensive, much greater range and much better battery life and you can make your own sensors! Say you want a cheap wireless air quality sensor, no problem. Or battery-powered motorized window blinds, yep and cheap. Think of it as DYI IoT for HS. All of the pieces to this are available, I'm just trying to put them together and show others how to do it. If you don't mind soldering and writing some code in the Arduino IDE you can easily make very useful sensors and controls for HS.

So the sensors talk to a raspberry pi gateway wirelessly, the gateway is running ser2net to receive the serial communication and I'm hoping to have your plugin receive the info and using scripts, create HS devices to display the status of the received payload and also send payloads (commands) back to the Arduinos.

I realize this script would be quite complicated but I think it's possible. The missing link is to have the HS device send the data back to the Arduino gateway. Updating an event is not ideal since it would require manual intervention when a new Arduino sensor is added (the trigger for the new device would need to be added). Would like it to be as automated as possible. I have this working through MQTT but there are too many points of failure and thought your plugin could help reduce complexity. I don't know, the more I am writing, maybe this would be best handled with a custom plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                Well, that's too bad. Making events for each device that sends a command or even updating an event to add an additional trigger is not ideal. I'm guessing this is probably not a limitation of your plugin, more HS? Would be great if your plugin provided a means to trigger a script based on an HS device change.

Here's my delima, I am implementing a sensor network of wireless Arduino devices that communicate through one gateway to HS. The wireless is using 915mhz is encrypted and is designed for very low power consumption. Basically think of it similar to Z-Wave with a Z-Net but much less expensive, much greater range and much better battery life and you can make your own sensors! Say you want a cheap wireless air quality sensor, no problem. Or battery-powered motorized window blinds, yep and cheap. Think of it as DYI IoT for HS. All of the pieces to this are available, I'm just trying to put them together and show others how to do it. If you don't mind soldering and writing some code in the Arduino IDE you can easily make very useful sensors and controls for HS.

So the sensors talk to a raspberry pi gateway wirelessly, the gateway is running ser2net to receive the serial communication and I'm hoping to have your plugin receive the info and using scripts, create HS devices to display the status of the received payload and also send payloads (commands) back to the Arduinos.

I realize this script would be quite complicated but I think it's possible. The missing link is to have the HS device send the data back to the Arduino gateway. Updating an event is not ideal since it would require manual intervention when a new Arduino sensor is added (the trigger for the new device would need to be added). Would like it to be as automated as possible. I have this working through MQTT but there are too many points of failure and thought your plugin could help reduce complexity. I don't know, the more I am writing, maybe this would be best handled with a custom plugin.
                I think to achieve what you are looking for, the plugin would need to "own" the devices. It would also need to have some sort of knowledge of what the devices and messages are. My plugin is intended more as a generic way of passing "stuff" to and from ip/serial devices.

-David

Comment

Yes, and it works quite well. All tests I have done are working perfectly. Just can't get this last part to work as seamless as I'd like. Thanks for your help and for the great plugin!

Comment

Can I put in a feature request?
                    Create a function available to scripts so your plugin can create a device and register a script to run on device change. The user could then make two scripts, one to receive the data and another to send it. Would be a very powerful feature.

Comment

Bump, anyone?

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
                      I want to catch an input change on a Marantz AVR and fire and event. I have the event configured for this received command:

SIGAME\r (for GAME input)

I used RealTerm to verify that the device is in fact sending this command when changing inputs with the remote. I checked with a hex editor to make sure that <CR> is at the end of the command and no other unprintable characters.

If I query the AVR for the current input with SI?\r I also get SIGAME\r as the response and the event actually fires.

I believe the difference in behavior my lay in how verbose of a response the Marantz sends when changing inputs. When I query the input with SI?\r I get these two responses back-to-back:

SIGAME
                      SVOFF

This fires my event. When I change the input with a remote I get a crazy number of commands in the terminal:

SIGAME
                      CVFL 50
                      CVFR 50
                      CVC 50
                      CVSL 50
                      CVSR 50
                      CVSBL 50
                      CVSBR 50
                      CVEND
                      MVMAX 98
                      MSDOLBY SURROUND
                      SDAUTO
                      PSDRC OFF
                      DCAUTO
                      PSMULTEQ:AUDYSSEY
                      PSDYNEQ ON
                      PSDYNVOL OFF
                      PSLFE 00
                      PSBAS 50
                      PSTRE 50
                      PSTONE CTRL OFF
                      SVOFF
                      SSINFAISSIG 02
                      SSINFAISFSV 48K
                      MSMULTI CH IN 7.1
                      PSDRC OFF
                      PSLFE 00
                      PSBAS 50
                      PSTRE 50
                      PSTONE CTRL OFF
                      SSSMG MOV

The AVR seems to be reporting a bunch of input-specific settings every time you change inputs. This does not fire my event. My thinking is that the volume of messages is causing the event not to fire. It is the only difference between the two scenarios. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment

Barebones &quot;get status&quot; example

Hi guys,

I have the drhsIp plugin and am currently using it to send RS232 commands to a HDMI matrix. However, I am unsure how to set up an event that can retrieve and process status information from the device.

Would somebody be able to post a working barebones example that achieves the following:

1) Send a status request to the device via RS232 - the command would be something like "STATUS/r/n"
                        2) Receive the status message (10-12 text lines)
                        3) Write this output to a text file

Based on this example, I would be able to write some VB that could parse the output and action this with other events etc.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Comment

Please ignore this posting - I posted in wrong thread, my bad!
                          Last edited by larhedse; June 27, 2018, 12:32 PM. Reason: Wrong Thread....

Comment

String Triggers Failing!

DRule,

I have been using your excellent plugin for several years now and it has been excellent. Today I have come across a problem that I am hoping you can help to solve!

I already have multiple control panels around the house using serial connections that your plugin triggers against depending on the string received (button pressed). I have just tried to add a more up to date TCP panel using the same concept but cant get the events to trigger. I know that the plugin is receiving the strings as I can parse them into the log without issue.

I compared what I had done previously with the serial triggers and decided to add a new one to a working serial connection to test. It didn't work and worse, none of the others on that connection now do either :-( Adding the new trigger seems to have broken the old.

I have tried .31 (I was on 0.27), and back again but no change.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by B50int View Post
                              DRule,

I have been using your excellent plugin for several years now and it has been excellent. Today I have come across a problem that I am hoping you can help to solve!

I already have multiple control panels around the house using serial connections that your plugin triggers against depending on the string received (button pressed). I have just tried to add a more up to date TCP panel using the same concept but cant get the events to trigger. I know that the plugin is receiving the strings as I can parse them into the log without issue.

I compared what I had done previously with the serial triggers and decided to add a new one to a working serial connection to test. It didn't work and worse, none of the others on that connection now do either :-( Adding the new trigger seems to have broken the old.

I have tried .31 (I was on 0.27), and back again but no change.

Thanks in advance

Jon
                              Can you post some examples so that I can try to recreate the problem?

Comment

I have just restored my Windows VM to solve the problem with the old panel so cannot screen shot but I will explain further.

When I set up a new persistent TCP connection, I can send commands to the device and I can see responses through parsing the data received with a vb script (from the connection settings script box). When I try to use the 'drhslpPlugin: Received Triggers', the event wont fire on the string match (its just raw text) even though the plugin knows something has arrived on the port. I know this since general 'message triggers' still work. Just not the specific string matching trigger.

What is odd is that I have working string triggers on other devices and ports. If I amend any one of those, all string matching triggers on that device fail. The only way to repair them would seem to be a VM restore!

So all the old triggers are working again after restore, but I am stagnated and cannot make amendments to existing triggers or add new triggers without breaking the old triggers. Further, I cannot set up functioning new devices to trigger.

I don't know if it related but I don't seem to have debug info anymore either. Last time I paid that any attention was when I first started using the plugin. I have DebugLevel at 4 in the config file but there is nothing in the log.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X