No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I know - however the error I have is the one I am most interested in solving - and I have no change on that between versions, so I see no point in upgrading to 5.14 from 4.8.0?

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
      Well, a bit depending on your installation (Linux or Windows), you will be able to find a file named "drhsIpPlugIn.ini" that contains all information. Back up that and you should be fine. In my case, with Linux (Ubuntu) installation, this file is in:

/opt/HomeSeer/Config/drhsIpPlugIn.ini

But as I write this, it will depend on how it is installed, and what environment/operating system you use.
      Thanks mate.

All what was needed was to move the .exe back to the HS3 Pro root folder, all the configuration was restored by itself.

Comment

When it comes to my problem with the Feedback from my Marantz Sr7008, which still does not work, it seems that the feedback script is triggered NINE times instead of once.

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
          When it comes to my problem with the Feedback from my Marantz Sr7008, which still does not work, it seems that the feedback script is triggered NINE times instead of once.
          Is that once for each line (terminated with CR?) of data from it?

Comment

Well, it might depend. The request I send to Marantz for feedback is returning 9 lines that seems to be separated with CR (chr(13)). However every time one sends a command over IP to SR7008 one will get feedback (I think this feedback is 4 (four) lines separated with CR (chr(13))).

Comment

I am attempting to pass a variable from Jon00 Alexa helper through simple script to set Tivo channel

Sub Main(parm As String)
              Parm=213
              Dim cmd As String = "SETCH" & parm & "\r\n" & ", C Escaped"
              hs.PluginFunction("drhsIpPlugin", "", "Ext_Send_Data", New Object() {"Tivo", cmd})
              hs.writeLog("Attempting to send command", cmd & " to Tivo")

End Sub

The command seems correct, but getting error
              Attempting to send command SETCH213\r\n, C Escaped to Tivo
              drhsIpPlugIn Error in PluginProc: Parameter count mismatch
              Any ideas?
              Larry

Comment

I played with it a bit more. The Ext_Send_Data command requires a third parameter which was C Escape. Additionally I needed to add additional quotes to the cmd being passed to the PI. I can now change Tivo channels with with voice commands:
                hs.writeLog("Attempting to send command", cmd & " to Tivo")

End Sub
                Larry

Comment

Well, I spoke too soon. ( I was testing from work). There is no action carried out on the Tivo device.

Log showing the command and info send to Tivo:

Oct-23 10:12:08 AM drhsIpPlugIn Sending 12 bytes to Tivo
                  Oct-23 10:12:08 AM Attempting to send command "SETCH 12\r" to Tivo
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa RunScript - ScriptParm: 12
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 69 ms
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'OK I will change to twelve'
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger44]
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed: 12
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String: twelve
                  Oct-23 10:12:07 AM Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'change channel twelve'

Same command defined in config will change channel
                  Larry

Comment

I love drhsIpPlugIn! Simple, yet efficient!

However, the string received by a script when using UDP host is ASCII decoded, and not Unicode or UTF8 as I would need.
                    How can I work around this?

Thx,
                    Bob

Comment

Excuse me if I have missed it, but I am unable to find installation instructions for this plugin. I tried running the .exe file, but it terminates with exceptions. Not sure but it sounds like the kind of error I would get in Java when the class-path is not set.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerAPI, Version=1.0.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                      at HSPI_drhsIpPlugIn.Main.Main()

UPDATE: I figured it out. The installation .exe file needs to be run from the HS3 home folder where "HomeSeerAPI.dll" is located.

Comment

Hello, coming here from
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...rd-with-hs3pro AFTER MANY HOURS OF TRYING, PLEASE HELP
                        sparkman or Who ever might be on board than can help, I have installed this program but it never appeared that It was making a connection to the relay card. Every time I would reboot, all "connections" that were previously built but later deleted, re-appear. I tried deleting everything including events. That didn't work so I removed all that I could find of the program, but must have missed something, after re-install, three "connections" are shown before making any new additions.

UPDATE: post 734, After re-install, getting connection, just need help getting proper data sent to com port.

Comment

Originally posted by BJB View Post
                          Hello, coming here from
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...rd-with-hs3pro AFTER MANY HOURS OF TRYING, PLEASE HELP
                          sparkman or Who ever might be on board than can help, I have installed this program but it never appeared that It was making a connection to the relay card. Every time I would reboot, all "connections" that were previously built but later deleted, re-appear. I tried deleting everything including events. That didn't work so I removed all that I could find of the program, but must have missed something, after re-install, three "connections" are shown before making any new additions.
                          I moved over to using the Big5 plugin instead. It works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BJB View Post
                            Hello, coming here from
                            Please show screenshots and the contents of the ini file for the plugin.
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

hello sparkman, thanks for getting back. I had already backed out the program again, so now have reinstalled again. I have downloaded also a program that lets me see the data being sent to the board. Now when sending "operate relay 1" command, I can see the difference between what works and what is being sent from this program and HS3. I'm uploading screen shots of all.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The last two are photos of the file that was saved of the screen from monitor software, first one is when using this program to operate relay 1, second is using test software that works.

Comment

Working...
                                X