IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting the following error message in my log:
    Oct-01 1:37:18 AM drhsIpPlugIn ERROR in SendTcpClient: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    what does this mean?

Comment

Good question....I have the same. Looks like the plugin is broken since the last HS3 upgrade?

Comment

The Plug in is still functioning, but my log file is filled with the above error.

Comment

I disabled then enabled the plug-in and I haven't seen the error again since.

Comment

I installed your plugin in HS3, on Windows 7 PC with the intention to control a JVC projector via TCP connection on local network.

However, I could not figure out how to establish a TCP connection. If you know how, that would be great.
            I configured a connection by entering IP address and port on which to connect with projector. Next, I configured some commands but that is where I think I am failing.

The required procedure for turning on a JVC projector consists of 4 steps.
            1. establish a TCP connection. It is described as "standard TCP/IP Three-Way Handshake". I believe it is, host send SYN; Projector sens SYN-ACK; host sends ACK.
            2. host sends a string "PJREQ"
            3. host sends a decimal value "115"
            4. host sends a hex string of "21 89 01 50 57 31 0A"

I tried to configure these commands but i failed. Can someone please help me to figure out how to configure above commands for this plugin?

Thank you

Comment

Is there anyway to turn off logging?

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
                Is there anyway to turn off logging?
                Unfortunately not. I'll add logging levels to the plugin when I update it for HS4.

Comment

Is there a way to log into a linux box, authenticate and then run a command and hang up. It would be a ssh connection, or a telnet connection if I have to!

Comment

Originally posted by smithdavee View Post
                    Is there a way to log into a linux box, authenticate and then run a command and hang up. It would be a ssh connection, or a telnet connection if I have to!
                    I use plink for that purpose: https://www.ssh.com/ssh/putty/putty-.../Chapter7.html
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the info, can you give me an example of how you set it up and also call it from an event?

Comment

Thanks for the info, can you give me an example of how you set it up and also call it from an event?
                        Follow the instructions in the link I posted to connect to the system first using putty, or plink in interactive mode. Then you can call it from an event similar to this:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	1348553

I have plink installed in the HS3/bin folder, but it could be elsewhere on the system. In the example, it connects to a linux system to reboot it. I also have events where I call plink from a VB.NET script so that I can capture the output and write it to the log.

Comment

Thanks Sparkman, works like a charm. I had no idea after years of running HS, from 1999 had the ability to call another application! Learn something every day!

Thanks again.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Sparkman, works like a charm. I had no idea after years of running HS, from 1999 had the ability to call another application! Learn something every day!

Thanks again.

Dave
                            You're welcome and glad I could help.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Newbie testing plugin here on HS3 Linux.

It's a simple connection to an old Cheaper RFID device just to receive data only.

I do not see a serial tab so went to using ser2net

See data doing:

TPro_HS3Lite:/dev# cat ttyUSB1
                              1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1 1oZL 1oZL ^C

Testing ser2net see data doing:

telnet 127.0.0.1 3001

Connected to 127.0.0.1.
                              Escape character is '^]'.
                              1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1oZ

Set up a host connection to 127.0.0.1:3001 and an event to trigger with data above.

I do not see anything in the logs nor does the trigger event run.

Questions:

1 - does the serial tab work in the Linux Mono version of the plugin?
                              2 - what am I doing wrong configuring the ser2net configuration?
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

1 - Unfortunately, due to how Mono implements serial, the serial tab is only available under Windows.
                                2 - Try a client connection to 127.0.0.1:3001

Comment

Working...
                                X