IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Drule.

Yes tried the plugin in HS3 running on Win7e and see the serial tab.

So tried using the loopback address and port 3001 and configured an event to trigger on one of the 4 digit alpha numeric RFID tags and event does not trigger.

Should I be seeing the serial port data in the logs?

So testing the plugin on Linux Ubuntu running HS3 Lite and testing the plugin on an Oracle 7E Virtual box running on the same computer.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Got it running with created event.

Thank you Drule.

Here is the configuration:

I had to enable the persist checkbox to get the event to trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RFID-1.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1353784
      Test event configured:

Name:	RFID-2.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1353785

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi, I'm using the plugin to send values of my devices to another controller. I have an event for each device that if they change value to send Status/Value of that device. It works well for some device because it sends the device address and it's value. So I have a script on the other controller to update its status based upon the device address an. On other devices it does not send the device address, just the value. How can I get it to send the device address on all devices?

Comment

I've used this plugin for years with great success but have run in to to a problem.

I have an HDMI switcher that works with a simple UDP connection. I can send it simple C escaped instructions to port 5000 and it switches
          connected components. Its worked for 2 years no problem. It even has its own webpage so you can switch any of its 8 ports and it is functioning perfectly fine still.

The connection in the ini file is simple
          HDMI Switcher Send=Host,UDP,192.168.0.80,5000,,,0,,<N/A>

The other day the I realised that this plugin was no longer sending UDP commands. I then noticed that the plugin had crashed
          and got corrupted somehow as it wouldn't run. I restored my installation from a backup but the UDP connection just wouldn't send any data.
          I deleted the plugin v.31 and ini and reinstalled. I rebuilt the connections and events still nothing. I've even reinstalled HS3 but the UDP instruction just doesn't send anything.

I've checked its output with Wireshark, nothing. I can send UDP instructions with Putty etc fine but the plugin still refuses to send anything with UDP.
          HTTP, TCP, Serial all work fine, I can see them sending data with Wireshark. I am literally pulling my hair out as its worked fine for ages!

What else can I try to get it working again?

HS3 runs on a Win10 PC and again everything else is just working normally. Just an issue with the plugins UDP after a weird crash.

Comment

May I ask which HDMI switch you have? I have been looking for something usefull, and well failed... Maybe the new Canton Smart 5.1 could do what I need, but I am still looking...

Comment

Try enabling developer mode on the manage plugins page. This will cause the plugin to launch in a command window where you can see a lot of info as the plugin runs. In this mode, send a UDP command and see what the output in the command window says.

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                Try enabling developer mode on the manage plugins page. This will cause the plugin to launch in a command window where you can see a lot of info as the plugin runs. In this mode, send a UDP command and see what the output in the command window says.
                The output seems fine there. I repeated a few different strings

26/05/2020 16:48:13:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000
                26/05/2020 16:49:43:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000
                26/05/2020 16:49:44:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000
                26/05/2020 16:49:45:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000

It is definitely not sending data though. From the same machine if I send packets with a different program, Putty etc Wireshark picks up the data and the switcher responds correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
                  May I ask which HDMI switch you have? I have been looking for something usefull, and well failed... Maybe the new Canton Smart 5.1 could do what I need, but I am still looking...
                  Its a fairly generic 4K HDR 8 x 8 Matrix from Ebay. Its not listed anymore but here's one thats very similar
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x8-HDMI-...sAAOSwCR9cZnR3

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post

The output seems fine there. I repeated a few different strings

26/05/2020 16:48:13:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000
                    26/05/2020 16:49:43:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000
                    26/05/2020 16:49:44:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Sending Udp packet to 192.168.0.80:5000

It is definitely not sending data though. From the same machine if I send packets with a different program, Putty etc Wireshark picks up the data and the switcher responds correctly.
                    If the plugin gets that far and there are no errors, then the plugin is sending the data. Whatever is happening is doing so outside of Homeseer. Windows firewall perhaps? That said, are you sure that you are sending UDP from Putty? I'd have expected TCP from putty. Can you give us some more info on the switch and the commands it uses?

Comment

That said, are you sure that you are sending UDP from Putty? I'd have expected TCP from putty. Can you give us some more info on the switch and the commands it uses?
                      Apologies drule, its not Putty I'm sending UDP with its Hercules (https://www.hw-group.com/software/he...-setup-utility) I just say Putty as a generic term really.
                      The commands I send are simple C Escaped characters and spaces. They've worked for 2 years no problem. This format
                      @ T 00 00 !

The 00's are input and output starting at zero. So @ T 00 01 ! selects Input 1 output 2. Like I say these used to work fine.
                      If I send exactly the same command with Hercules the switch changes normally. Something must be corrupted with my installation I just don't know what it is and would prefer not to reinstall everything again. Wireshark would pick up the UDP packet right? I'm sure it used to and it picks up the packets from Hercules fine.

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post

Apologies drule, its not Putty I'm sending UDP with its Hercules (https://www.hw-group.com/software/he...-setup-utility) I just say Putty as a generic term really.
                        The commands I send are simple C Escaped characters and spaces. They've worked for 2 years no problem. This format
                        @ T 00 00 !

The 00's are input and output starting at zero. So @ T 00 01 ! selects Input 1 output 2. Like I say these used to work fine.
                        If I send exactly the same command with Hercules the switch changes normally. Something must be corrupted with my installation I just don't know what it is and would prefer not to reinstall everything again. Wireshark would pick up the UDP packet right? I'm sure it used to and it picks up the packets from Hercules fine.
                        I just setup a matching connection/command on my test server and can see the packet being sent from the plugin with Wireshark.

I'd start by checking your Windows firewall rules. Perhaps temporarily disable it altogether? I can't imagine a problem with Homeseer and/or the plugin, that would cause things to get as far as the plugin outputting "sending" to the console but not actually sending the command. Especially as you say it is sending other command formats. Presumably you are running Wireshark and Hercules on the same machine as Homeseer and Wireshark is showing yourip -> 192.168.0.80:5000 when you send the command from Hercules?

Comment

Found it. Its Malwarebytes. I've had this installed for years also but with Web Protection ON it now blocks the pluggin.
                          This is new behavior which I can only seem to change by switching Web Protection off.
                          Even when I allow a specific exception to the pluggin, HS3 and the entire HS3 directory its now still blocking all UDP traffic from the pluggin. I've even allowed a specific exception to the switchers IP address.
                          None of these measures have been an issue previously and Malwarebytes doesn't even report a problem.

This is infuriating but at least I now know what the problem is even if I don't seem able to fix it ! Thanks for the suggestions drule.

Comment

Newbie help. I am trying to set this up for the first time to talk to a Russound MPX PRE. I have the IP address and the port number. Went through the documentation and as much as I could in this forum but not having much luck. This is what I setup so far. I assume this would get some response in the log but I am sure I have completely wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.27.09 PM.png
Views:	267
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1402339Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.26.53 PM.png
Views:	260
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1402340Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.27.22 PM.png
Views:	261
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1402341

Comment

I think you need single connector, defined as a TCP Client with the Persist option checked.

In this mode, the plugin will initiate a connection and keep it open so that data can pass in both directions.

Comment

I think you need single connector, defined as a TCP Client with the Persist option checked.

In this mode, the plugin will initiate a connection and keep it open so that data can pass in both directions.
                                Thanks, I made the suggested changes. I am sending a command that should result in a continuous feed of content coming back from the unit. When I issue this command the script is not being called.

I tried adding \r\n to the end of the ASCII string and this didn't do anything either.

I am sure I am missing something simple here? Thanks.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.18.21 PM.png
Views:	251
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1402580Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.17.55 PM.png
Views:	237
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1402581

Comment

Working...
                                X