No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drule, thanks for adding GC-100. I just assumed all the global cache was in there, just my ignorance... There is bit of learning curve for AV newbies like me because there are so many third party devices and options to do the same thing it seems. I'm still trying to figure out what all I need before I end up buying stuff that would not work together, etc.
    Any how thanks again for your time and contribution to everyone here, it is appreciated!
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      I will post the latest version tonight that comes with IR capabilities. I have tested basic commands to irTrans which work. I have not tested native serial in the HS3 version as I am now using an ip/serial server, but I am driving 3 serial devices over IP.
      New version now posted in the release thread
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
        drule, thanks for adding GC-100. I just assumed all the global cache was in there
        The plugin could always talk to Global Cache devices, but you had to do a lot of the hard work yourself. To send IR for instance, you had to define a command that looked like "sendir,1:1,56000,1,2,3,4,5.," etc.

That format still works but now in addition, you can define IR commands using the ubiquitous "Pronto" format found all over the web (especially at http://www.remotecentral.com) and the plugin will handle converting that into a Global Cache or IRTrans format command. If you have a GC-IRE, the plugin will also match incoming IR commands against those defined in the plugin config and can trigger events.

-David

Comment

Serial trigger not working..

I have a long time running the IP / serial plug-in hs2 without problems. Now I'm with HS3 and the IP / serial playing. However, I get a serial trigger in events not working here, a TCP / IP trigger works well. Even send data to the serial port is working. I see at events, connection triggers only the TCP/IP port in the drop/down menu. Also I can not put the plugin in debug mode.

I would like to receive a tip how I can get this working.

installed versions,

HS3 pro: 3.0.0.149
          IP / Serial: 0.0.0.9

Comment

default ini file?

Hello,

In the install thread it is mentioned that there is a ini file that can be dropped in, sadly can't find it. it's not in the zip file, anyone have a copy of it please.

I suspect it has examples of config, which would be useful.

Regards John

Comment

John,
              It is in exe file. Just install the exe as per directions and you'll find an ini file created in the config folder.
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                John,
                It is in exe file. Just install the exe as per directions and you'll find an ini file created in the config folder.
                Cheers

Comment

Just uploaded v3.0.0.10 which tweaks IR capabilities to allow definition of repeat signals in event commands. This time I have also added my .ini file as an example. As TomTom mentions, it will create a .ini file automatically, but sometimes it's useful lot see a more complex config file, especially if you plan to bulk add commands directly to the file, instead of through the web GUI.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Do I need a passthrough script?

When using this plugin to connect to a TCP port do I need a passthrough script to receive (see) any data from the port? I have one port setup for commands and another port setup as a listener. The listener shows plenty of data traffic in putty but none with the plugin.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hittr View Post
                      When using this plugin to connect to a TCP port do I need a passthrough script to receive (see) any data from the port? I have one port setup for commands and another port setup as a listener. The listener shows plenty of data traffic in putty but none with the plugin.

Thanks
                      Can you give some more information about what you're trying to do? Are the two connections you've set up using the same remote port? It could be that you need a single connection setup as a persistent TCP client. In this configuration, the plugin will connect to the remote port specified and hold the connection open. You can then use events to send "commands" to the remote device and you can create event triggers that will fire when a specified string is received. Pass-thru scripts are intended for when you might want to further manipulate incoming data.

-David

Comment

Xbox Control/Monitor

David,

I'm looking to "listen" to and control an Xbox360 running as a Media Center Extender. If I use putty I can see the traffic scroll across the terminal screen with the plugin I don't see anything. I suspect it's not opening the connection at all but don't know how to prove/test this. The listener and control run on different TCP ports and I've set both up as persistent but no difference.

Anything you can think of?

Thanks,

HittR

Comment

Hey Drule !

We are having issues with both the matrix plugin and ip/serial plugin on HS2 but we can control the matrix trough the provided software from monoprice so it is most likely hs related.

Plz see the following thread and let me know if you notice anything in particular.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...88#post1159388

We really need that plugin to work on our server, 4x4 matrix is already installed and does a perfect job for our needs.

Thank you ! I'll send you a beer too even thought im not requesting the hs3 version

Comment

So the pass through script is executed every time data appears on the serial port (or whatever port being monitored)?

And what does the 'persist' flag do?

It's late I should likely get some sleep and search the forum tomorrow but my quick look turned up nothing (or I missed it).

Comment

I'm maybe missing something as to how you can tie this to iRule?

I basically want a way for iRule to send a message to Home Seer so I can make an event that triggers on it. (So I can, for instance, turn off lights using iRule).

How do you do this with this Plugin?

I tried making a "Connection" "TCP" "Host" on port "4000" and then:

echo -e "FOO" | nc 10.10.10.11 4000

just sending FOO to tcp port 4000 on my Home Seer box... nothing except it just sits there and the log says:

"Feb-03 8:19:16 PM drhsIpPlugIn Stopped Tcp host for iRule Connection"

I made an event:

"the system receives FOO from iRule Connection (Raw Text)"

then do something, but this doesn't work...

I think I must be missing something simple.

Is it possible to make it set up a HTTP server and listen for requests and trigger events off of?

Comment

Originally posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
                                I'm maybe missing something as to how you can tie this to iRule?

I basically want a way for iRule to send a message to Home Seer so I can make an event that triggers on it. (So I can, for instance, turn off lights using iRule).

How do you do this with this Plugin?

I tried making a "Connection" "TCP" "Host" on port "4000" and then:

echo -e "FOO" | nc 10.10.10.11 4000

just sending FOO to tcp port 4000 on my Home Seer box... nothing except it just sits there and the log says:

"Feb-03 8:19:16 PM drhsIpPlugIn Stopped Tcp host for iRule Connection"

I made an event:

"the system receives FOO from iRule Connection (Raw Text)"

then do something, but this doesn't work...

I think I must be missing something simple.

Is it possible to make it set up a HTTP server and listen for requests and trigger events off of?
                                You found a bug! A dumb bug on my part :-( If you leave the address field in the connection blank, this error will occur. I'll fix it shortly to resolve the problem but in the meantime, if you put a value for your local subnet in the address field, eg. 192.168.1.0/24, it should all start working.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm surprised nobody caught that one earlier!

Cheers
                                -David
                                Last edited by drule; February 4, 2015, 09:53 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X