No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the exact same problem as above on my development HS3 box.

My production box works fine, I have yet to find the cause.

Both are Win7 32bit, the major differences are hardware and the dev box is completely patched up to date with the latest drivers, fixes, etc for all its OS/Hardware.

Both boxes are on separate LANs and completely isolated. I gave up on this issue but I would love to know the cause if its discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by LCrawfo View Post
      I have the exact same problem as above on my development HS3 box.

My production box works fine, I have yet to find the cause.

Both are Win7 32bit, the major differences are hardware and the dev box is completely patched up to date with the latest drivers, fixes, etc for all its OS/Hardware.

Both boxes are on separate LANs and completely isolated. I gave up on this issue but I would love to know the cause if its discovered.
      I am just wondering if perhaps you started with an earlier version of the plugin on your production system and then upgraded and only tried installing a newer version on your dev system?

As I mentioned someone said that "v.11" worked for them and I am wondering if the latest version does not initialize something properly and only works on system where an older version had already been installed.

I am hoping we can find a pattern here.

Comment

Simple TCP Host/Server configuration, how?

Hello,

I want the plugin to listen to incomming TCP connections, on port 4000

so, in the plugins ini file, I put the following lines

[Connections]
        RemoteFob=Host,TCP,0.0.0.0/24,4000,,,0,

I can see that port is alive, and send data to it... but how to I configure homeseer to act upon it... the plugin does not to seem to appear in the devices in Events configuration web page of homeseer.

John

Comment

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
          I am just wondering if perhaps you started with an earlier version of the plugin on your production system and then upgraded and only tried installing a newer version on your dev system?

As I mentioned someone said that "v.11" worked for them and I am wondering if the latest version does not initialize something properly and only works on system where an older version had already been installed.

I am hoping we can find a pattern here.
          I'm actually not sure what version I started with. But it was a relatively recent install. Its one of those things I didn't put in my Homeseer log book... damnit I have to get better at logging my changes.

Comment

I'm actually not sure what version I started with. But it was a relatively recent install. Its one of those things I didn't put in my Homeseer log book... damnit I have to get better at logging my changes.
            Do you by chance still have an older version (".11" or older) sitting around somewhere do you? If so, can you attach it for me. I would like to see if an older version will work (or fail differently).

When I started moving from HS2 to HS3 I swore I was going to write everything down. Though, not too much has been. It seems like everything I do takes a few attempts to get it working. I don't want to document it until it works and by then I have no idea what I did.

Comment

Do you by chance still have an older version (".11" or older) sitting around somewhere do you? If so, can you attach it for me. I would like to see if an older version will work (or fail differently).

When I started moving from HS2 to HS3 I swore I was going to write everything down. Though, not too much has been. It seems like everything I do takes a few attempts to get it working. I don't want to document it until it works and by then I have no idea what I did.
              I checked last night and I do not.

I also suffer from 'lets document it when it works' and then... 'it works! how did I do that?... god I hope it never dies...' this is what resulted in me creating a development homeseer box to tinker on and blow up... alot. Then when it works I try it in production... almost like software development projects.

Comment

I checked last night and I do not.

I also suffer from 'lets document it when it works' and then... 'it works! how did I do that?... god I hope it never dies...' this is what resulted in me creating a development homeseer box to tinker on and blow up... alot. Then when it works I try it in production... almost like software development projects.
                That sounds like a very good plan.

Comment

Guys. I will dig out older versions for you later and send them over.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                    Guys. I will dig out older versions for you later and send them over.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool
                      Here's the .11 version to try.
                      The .11 version does work for me.

After I put it in I could modify the config from the GUI.

I then shutdown HS3, copied in .13, restarted HS3 and again could not make any changes in GUI. I can see the settings I created with the .11 version.

I tried disabling/enabling the plugin from HS3 web page, no change in behavior.

I then shutdown HS3 again , copied in .11, started HS3, everything okay again.

So, for some of us, it seems .13 does not work. Strange that it works for others. I actually think the .13 plugin works, I just can't modify the config using the GUI.

I am using Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit), though I believe the same behavior was reported on Win 7 32-bit.

Hopefully this can be figured out so I can upgrade to new versions in the future. If there is any other debugging steps I can take to provide more info, just let me know.

Comment

Let me reach out to David. He's not always able to monitor the board.
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          Let me reach out to David. He's not always able to monitor the board.
                          I will take a look.

Comment

I also need some help getting IR send working on my GC-100-6.

I can connect okay, though from the pull-down menu for "LED:" (for the "drhsIpPlugin:Send IR command" event action) I only see this:

1:1
                            1:2
                            1:3
                            4:1
                            4:2
                            4:3
                            5:1
                            5:2
                            5:3

I have two GC-100-6 and from the GlobalCache device web pages they both show as module 2.

Why don't I see the 2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 on the pull-down? Do I have something configured wrong? How do I access these led devices?

Thanks,

Lou

Comment

I also need some help getting IR send working on my GC-100-6.

I can connect okay, though from the pull-down menu for "LED:" (for the "drhsIpPlugin:Send IR command" event action) I only see this:

1:1
                              1:2
                              1:3
                              4:1
                              4:2
                              4:3
                              5:1
                              5:2
                              5:3

I have two GC-100-6 and from the GlobalCache device web pages they both show as module 2.

Why don't I see the 2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 on the pull-down? Do I have something configured wrong? How do I access these led devices?

Thanks,

Lou

It may be useful to know that I can successfully send commands to the GC-100-6 using the a command like:

sendir,2:1,1,38000,1,1,172,172,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21 ,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21 ,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21 ,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,1673\r

from the "Commands" tab.

Since i am using "2:1" in my command, I believes this confirms my GC needs to receive IR on the 2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 addresses.

Comment

It may be useful to know that I can successfully send commands to the GC-100-6 using the a command like:

sendir,2:1,1,38000,1,1,172,172,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21 ,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21 ,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21 ,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,1673\r

from the "Commands" tab.

Since i am using "2:1" in my command, I believes this confirms my GC needs to receive IR on the 2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 addresses.
                                Ahh... On my iTach, the IR module is 1 and on my GC-100-12, the IR modules are 4 and 5. Since I don't have a GC-100-06, I hadn't realized that the module on that was numbered 2. Will fix shortly.

-David

Comment

Working...
                                X