• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnneyBoy View Post
    Hello,

I want the plugin to listen to incomming TCP connections, on port 4000

so, in the plugins ini file, I put the following lines

[Connections]
    RemoteFob=Host,TCP,0.0.0.0/24,4000,,,0,

I can see that port is alive, and send data to it... but how to I configure homeseer to act upon it... the plugin does not to seem to appear in the devices in Events configuration web page of homeseer.

John

John

In the events screen, you should see 3 drhsIpPlugin triggers:
    -drhsIpPlugIn Connection Triggers
    -drhsIpPlugIn Received Triggers
    -drhsIpPlugIn IR Triggers

Choose Received Triggers, then choose the Connection that the data will come in on and then specify the String

Let me know if you don't see that

Thanks
    James
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
      It may be useful to know that I can successfully send commands to the GC-100-6 using the a command like:

sendir,2:1,1,38000,1,1,172,172,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21 ,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21 ,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21 ,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,1673\r

from the "Commands" tab.

Since i am using "2:1" in my command, I believes this confirms my GC needs to receive IR on the 2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 addresses.
      Version .14 posted in here.

This adds support for two GC-100-6. This does not fix the config editing issue as David has not been able to reproduce that yet. Try editing the .ini file manually and then restarting the plugin.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        Version .14 posted in here.

This adds support for two GC-100-6. This does not fix the config editing issue as David has not been able to reproduce that yet. Try editing the .ini file manually and then restarting the plugin.

Version .14 resolves the issue with "2" module. Works perfectly sending IR commands. Many thanks.

Comment

Works.. thankyou

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          John

In the events screen, you should see 3 drhsIpPlugin triggers:
          -drhsIpPlugIn Connection Triggers
          -drhsIpPlugIn Received Triggers
          -drhsIpPlugIn IR Triggers

Choose Received Triggers, then choose the Connection that the data will come in on and then specify the String

Let me know if you don't see that

Thanks
          James
          Thanks works..

Comment

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
            The .11 version does work for me.

After I put it in I could modify the config from the GUI.

I then shutdown HS3, copied in .13, restarted HS3 and again could not make any changes in GUI. I can see the settings I created with the .11 version.

I tried disabling/enabling the plugin from HS3 web page, no change in behavior.

I then shutdown HS3 again , copied in .11, started HS3, everything okay again.

So, for some of us, it seems .13 does not work. Strange that it works for others. I actually think the .13 plugin works, I just can't modify the config using the GUI.

I am using Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit), though I believe the same behavior was reported on Win 7 32-bit.

Hopefully this can be figured out so I can upgrade to new versions in the future. If there is any other debugging steps I can take to provide more info, just let me know.
            David was able to replicate and fix this. I have just posted version 15
            cheeryfool

Comment

Direct Serial Control

I'm trying to control my LG TV. I have a listing of all the codes, I'm just not quite sure the right way to send them. I don't know if it should be on client or host, and what format it should be in, or raw data ect.. For example, I'm using port 4, and want to send a simple TV On which from what I can tell is ka 0 01.

I only slightly have any idea of what I'm doing, I found a plugin that did all this with HS2.

Comment

Originally posted by xxrzdxx View Post
                I'm trying to control my LG TV. I have a listing of all the codes, I'm just not quite sure the right way to send them. I don't know if it should be on client or host, and what format it should be in, or raw data ect.. For example, I'm using port 4, and want to send a simple TV On which from what I can tell is ka 0 01.

I only slightly have any idea of what I'm doing, I found a plugin that did all this with HS2.

Hi Matt

Do you still need help with this? I saw you asking in another thread also. I control Samsung TV's with this plugin with both serial and IP commands so let me know more details and we can get this going if still needed

Cheers
                James
                cheeryfool

Comment

Sending Hex symbols under Linux HS3

Hi,

I'm trying to send the string [STX]LI1234[CR], under HS3 Linux (v174), to begin communication with my alarm system. I am using v15 of the PI.

Under Win8.1 I successfully send \x03LI1234\x0d (C Escaped) and I have also converted to binary and got it to work too.

Under Linux with the C Escaped version I get the log entry '[drhsIpPlugIn]->There are 1 TcpClients for ComfortUSM', but never get logged in.

With the binary version I receive:
                  Code:
                  10:16:24:1180:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Invalid $char in binary string
                  5/18/2015 10:16:24 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->There are 1 TcpClients for ComfortUSM
                  10:16:24:1364:[drhsIpPlugIn]->ERROR - SendTcp: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (ComfortUSM, persistence 1)
                  Any ideas why this should work under Win but not Linux? Any thoughts on how I can get this working?

Thanks.
                  Last edited by dwmartindale; May 18, 2015, 07:05 AM. Reason: LT/GT hiding important part of message

Comment

Originally posted by dwmartindale View Post
                    Hi,

I'm trying to send the string [STX]LI1234[CR], under HS3 Linux (v174), to begin communication with my alarm system. I am using v15 of the PI.

Under Win8.1 I successfully send \x03LI1234\x0d (C Escaped) and I have also converted to binary and got it to work too.

Under Linux with the C Escaped version I get the log entry '[drhsIpPlugIn]->There are 1 TcpClients for ComfortUSM', but never get logged in.

With the binary version I receive:
                    Code:
                    10:16:24:1180:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Invalid $char in binary string
                    5/18/2015 10:16:24 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->There are 1 TcpClients for ComfortUSM
                    10:16:24:1364:[drhsIpPlugIn]->ERROR - SendTcp: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (ComfortUSM, persistence 1)
                    Any ideas why this should work under Win but not Linux? Any thoughts on how I can get this working?

Thanks.
                    That's odd. It is the same code on both Linux and Windows! Can you send me your binary string too? I'll give it a go on my system.

Thanks
                    -David

Comment

Thanks for the reply David and taking the time to help.

The binary string equivalent I'm sending is:
                      0x03 0x4c 0x49 0x31 0x32 0x33 0x34 0x0d

On Windows this opens the link and then I can start receiving and acting on the codes coming back from the alarm, which are also formatted with a leading [STX] character. In case it's relevant I notice in the Windows log when I receive the reply the [STX] character (a heart) is in the log. The only info I get back to the Linux version is when the connection times out and I notice the [STX] character isn't there

Thanks

Comment

I have managed to reproduce the problem and have found the cause. It's a bug in the way Mono handles the .NET IsNumeric function. (http://rolfkvinge.blogspot.com/2007/...t-numeric.html). I'm working on a fix now. Hope to be able to upload v16 later today, or sometime tomorrow.

Cheers
                        -David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                          I have managed to reproduce the problem and have found the cause. It's a bug in the way Mono handles the .NET IsNumeric function. (http://rolfkvinge.blogspot.com/2007/...t-numeric.html). I'm working on a fix now. Hope to be able to upload v16 later today, or sometime tomorrow.

Cheers
                          -David
                          Hi David,

I'm not sure if you are getting updates in your monoprice hdmi matrix plugin thread?

Any idea what is going on with that plugin? It seems to crash approximately every two days on me (for a long time now). Any help in fixing that issue is much appreciated.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by dwmartindale View Post
                            Thanks for the reply David and taking the time to help.
                            PM sent.

Comment

New bug-fix version posted.

I have posted a new version here that fixes a problem with the way Mono handles the .NET IsNumeric function in Linux. Good for Windows users too. No other changes.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Just found this thread, been a sore point for me for a while.. THANKS ! to the two of you for getting this going.. I will be talking to a new Samsung 4K thru IP and a Sony thru Serial ( GC-100 ) and may connect to my two Onkyo receivers thru IP !!!

Any "cheat sheets" on how to start w/ the Samsung ?
                                Last edited by gearyt; May 21, 2015, 11:24 AM.
                                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
                                X