No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the /n ? and why c-escaped, everywhere I read it said use raw text.
    I am just more confused, nevertheless I tried it and it did not work. What is the persist in the connections, what about client. I guess I need help from beginning. When I try putty as raw then the command RCKY13 works and so do other ip commands. It is a sharp aqos 70" 4k tv.

Comment

ALos here are 2 screenshots of the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by ppajko View Post
        what is the /n ? and why c-escaped, everywhere I read it said use raw text.
        I am just more confused, nevertheless I tried it and it did not work. What is the persist in the connections, what about client. I guess I need help from beginning. When I try putty as raw then the command RCKY13 works and so do other ip commands. It is a sharp aqos 70" 4k tv.
        Using c-escaped format enables you to send otherwise untypable characters. In this case \n translates into 0x0A, which is the ASCII code for new line. I thought I'd read in the Sharp User Guide that all commands sent over TCP/IP needed this at the end. I just read it again and can see that I got it wrong! It should be 0x0D, which is \r in c-escaped speak. This is a carriage return and Putty is adding it for you when you press Enter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_sequences_in_C
        http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/...LC70LE734U.pdf (page 57)

A 'persistent' connection is one that is always open. They are established when the plugin loads, or when they are created and stay open until Homeseer is terminated. A non-persistent connection is opened on demand when a command is about to be sent and is closed immediately afterwards.

Typically you would use a non-persistent connection to send a command that doesn't generate a response. If the remote system does generate responses and you wish to create events that trigger according to them, you would need to use a persistent connection.

Hope that helps!
        -David

Comment

HELP

I am totally confused why I am having issues. I have been using the plugin to receive commands for a while now without any issue, as well as using it on a very limited basis to send serial commands via a Lantronix device to a couple of RS232 controlled devices.

I just had a Qmotion Roller Shade installed, as well as a QConnect controller to start building out my automated window treatments. I have been able to issue commands without issue, but getting the QConnect or Qmotion to respond to said commands is another issue entirely.

In addition to my Homeseer system, I also have a URC Total Control "automation" system that I use for AV control throughout my house. It has some unique and extended capabilities over a standard universal remote and is a fairly decent replacement for my old Phillips Pronto TSU9600 & 9400s.

The URC system already has a "driver" built for the Qmotion products, so I can send a command from my URC system to the QConnect and the shades immediately respond. This lets me know the cable I had to build for interface works, the commands that were in the driver are good and the communications are working without issue.

However, when I copy the same commands from my URC system into the plugin and choose "Raw Text" or "C Escaped" the shades don't respond. I have hooked up my laptop to "receive" the commands in Hyperterminal to see if I see any differences and what is coming out is dramatically different when sent from URC than when sent from HS.

From Homeseer - Raw Text - \x01\x07\x00\x05\x01\x01\x01\x00\xFC
          From Homeseer - C Escapted -
          \x01\x07\x00\x05\x01\x01\x07\x00\xFC\r

From URC - No Carriage Return - four smiley faces and a superscript n

I am going to attempt to call Qmotion tomorrow to discuss this with one of their engineers (he was out today), but I thought I'd reach out to you guys and see if you could give me any pointers or recommend a direction.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I did exactly like you said and still nothing. I wonder what else could be causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by footVOL View Post
              I am totally confused why I am having issues. I have been using the plugin to receive commands for a while now without any issue, as well as using it on a very limited basis to send serial commands via a Lantronix device to a couple of RS232 controlled devices.

I just had a Qmotion Roller Shade installed, as well as a QConnect controller to start building out my automated window treatments. I have been able to issue commands without issue, but getting the QConnect or Qmotion to respond to said commands is another issue entirely.

In addition to my Homeseer system, I also have a URC Total Control "automation" system that I use for AV control throughout my house. It has some unique and extended capabilities over a standard universal remote and is a fairly decent replacement for my old Phillips Pronto TSU9600 & 9400s.

The URC system already has a "driver" built for the Qmotion products, so I can send a command from my URC system to the QConnect and the shades immediately respond. This lets me know the cable I had to build for interface works, the commands that were in the driver are good and the communications are working without issue.

However, when I copy the same commands from my URC system into the plugin and choose "Raw Text" or "C Escaped" the shades don't respond. I have hooked up my laptop to "receive" the commands in Hyperterminal to see if I see any differences and what is coming out is dramatically different when sent from URC than when sent from HS.

From Homeseer - Raw Text - \x01\x07\x00\x05\x01\x01\x01\x00\xFC
              From Homeseer - C Escapted -
              \x01\x07\x00\x05\x01\x01\x07\x00\xFC\r

From URC - No Carriage Return - four smiley faces and a superscript n

I am going to attempt to call Qmotion tomorrow to discuss this with one of their engineers (he was out today), but I thought I'd reach out to you guys and see if you could give me any pointers or recommend a direction.

Thanks in advance!
              Instead of HyperTerminal, can you try RealTerm? It will let you display what you are receiving from URC in binary.

http://realterm.sourceforge.net/

I don't have a Qmotion/Qconnect system but I created the following as a test:

Click image for larger version

Name:	q1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1179681

Name:	q2.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1179679

Name:	q3.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1179680

The output is exactly what I'd expect:

Name:	q4.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1179682

Make sure you have C-Escaped selected.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by ppajko View Post
                I did exactly like you said and still nothing. I wonder what else could be causing this?
                Can you also try capturing the output from your working Putty session in Realterm as described in the above post? Hopefully with that info, we can figure out the correct format for the command in the plugin.

-David

Comment

Experimentation

I have things working now. I had to choose C-escaped WITHOUT the \r to get the plugin to send a hex encoded string that the Qconnect would recognize. I am now able to control the shade thru HS without issue.

Thanks for the referral to RealTerm, it helped a ton.

Comment

Irule new feature Sliders, UPB

So I currently use this plugin to control my UPB lights. I have an event that is triggered by a "raw text" sent from irule. Currently I have 3 static images for each light. Each image sets the light to a defined value. I recently saw that Irule has added sliders. So I am wondering if it was possible to utilize this plugin for the following:
                    Control my UPB lights utilizing a slider. This requires a discrete command for each level that I want is set for. Is anyone doing this?My thought is to create a "raw text" word or value that represents say, 10%, 20%, 30% etc etc. Then add the slider and add those commands, thoughts?

I would like to receive feedback from the the lights. I have seen this mentioned but I am not sure the best way to create the feedbak in Irule. I created a feedback. The next step is whether or not it is a textual or numeric feedback.

I really appreciate any help on this.
                    Bill

Comment

I have recently installed this plugin and so far I have sending commands to an Onkyo receiver working just fine. I'm trying to create events to change some devices to indicate the receivers power, mute, input, etc status from responses and I am stuck. Basically, I am sending a request for status to the receiver, in this case mute status, I then receive a response or appear to in the debug window but can't seem to get it to trigger the event based on that response. Please let me know if any of you see something wrong with this as I have tried all kinds of variations on the string received. It does appear that the response contains a right arrow and have tried copying and pasting this in the received string field of the event and that didn't work either.

From Debug window
                      8/23/2015 5:41:41 PM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->There are 1 TcpClients for Onkyo
                      8/23/2015 5:41:41 PM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Onkyo - received TCP packet from: 192.168.1.11, length: 8, containing: !1AMT00→

I have tried the following in the "string received' field of the event and none will work.

!1AMT00→
                      !1AMT00\r
                      !1AMT00\n
                      !1AMT00[CR]
                      !1AMT00[LF]

Thanks for any help and thanks for the plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by damiene77 View Post
                        I have recently installed this plugin and so far I have sending commands to an Onkyo receiver working just fine. I'm trying to create events to change some devices to indicate the receivers power, mute, input, etc status from responses and I am stuck. Basically, I am sending a request for status to the receiver, in this case mute status, I then receive a response or appear to in the debug window but can't seem to get it to trigger the event based on that response. Please let me know if any of you see something wrong with this as I have tried all kinds of variations on the string received. It does appear that the response contains a right arrow and have tried copying and pasting this in the received string field of the event and that didn't work either.

From Debug window
                        8/23/2015 5:41:41 PM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->There are 1 TcpClients for Onkyo
                        8/23/2015 5:41:41 PM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Onkyo - received TCP packet from: 192.168.1.11, length: 8, containing: !1AMT00→

I have tried the following in the "string received' field of the event and none will work.

!1AMT00→
                        !1AMT00\r
                        !1AMT00\n
                        !1AMT00[CR]
                        !1AMT00[LF]

Thanks for any help and thanks for the plugin!
                        I'm interested to know what that last character is. Can you try sending the command from RealTerm and capturing the actual bytes that come back? http://realterm.sourceforge.net/

Cheers
                        -David

Comment

The response in realterm was:
                          21 31 41 4D 54 30 30 1A

When I looked this up 1A = SUB

Comment

How to match serial data?

My head hurts from mulling over this for a dozen hours. Clearly, I'm a bit dim when it comes to this stuff.

I'm trying to get to my Rotel RSP1066 pre-pro over a serial iTach. Control / commands all work fine. That was pretty easy: setting the right IP address and TCP port, sending the hex commands.

Now I'm trying to get some "status" from it. I've got this working in another program (Open Remote) by using a regex to match the next portion of what comes out on a non-stop stream.

With this plugin and the sample GC-IRE script, I'm getting this sort of thing in the logs: "I don't know what to do: ?? ??? PANDO VOL 47"

Basically, this thing spits out exactly what it's got on the front display plus some weird characters. If I'm telnetted into it, that's what I see. Every time there's a status change, it spits out the display again (I don't know what to do: ?? ??? PANDO VOL 48).

So...

How to pull out "VOL 48" and push the "48" into a virtual device status?

How to interpret the fact that there IS something on the display to mean that the thing is "ON" as a device status (so toggle / status is accurate)?

How to match "PANDO" or "TUNER" to source device status?

Comment

Help?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Feature Request? or maybe a "how to"

I dont know if this would be considered a feature request or more of a "how to" but i am working with this tool and it is awesome! i am able to use it to get all of my zwave status from homeseer to my crestron as well as sending events back from crestron to homeseer. THANK YOU!

I have one request though, you added the ability to send the status of a device but it does not also send the device name. Basically, i have Z-Wave motion sensors that i can get the temperature from, but when i send the Value, all that is being sent is a number (91.8 F) instead of (Garage 91.8) or if the kitchen light is turned on, i have to build a specific command for each device and each status instead of just (Kitchen Light On)

How would you suggest i do this? is it possible to add the Device as part of the Send String instead of just the Value?

Again... thank you very much for your work on this. It is really helping me to get the two systems to play nice with one another.

Drabert

Comment

Working...
                                X