No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this will work for me what I want to do is send commands from my URC remote via serial connection to homeseer to trigger events. I'm still trying to figure out the programming for this on the URC side which is fun!

On the homeseer side, I setup a host in the plugin for the serial port.
    I guess I now need to enter commands so that they can be properly received and triggered? Also, for an event trigger what type of entry would I use...raw text? I'm not sure of the format for these things!
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Mario

Which URC remote and base station are you using? I am using the plugin to accomplish the exact thing. I am using the MRX10 base and doing serial commands via IP, so not port to port, but it shouldn't be much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
        I'm not sure if this will work for me what I want to do is send commands from my URC remote via serial connection to homeseer to trigger events. I'm still trying to figure out the programming for this on the URC side which is fun!

On the homeseer side, I setup a host in the plugin for the serial port.
        I guess I now need to enter commands so that they can be properly received and triggered? Also, for an event trigger what type of entry would I use...raw text? I'm not sure of the format for these things!
        Have my system setup to use a URC remotes to control HS and Stargate. Remotes are URC 1080 that communicate via WIFI to a URC MX10 controller. Is very stable and reliable (wife loves it).Plugin is configured to communicate via IP to use serial ports on Global Cache CG 100. In URC software create a new RS232 driver to send ASCII commands from the MX10 to GC100. Plugin needs to be configured to use raw text.

Comment

Love Total Control but I don't have access to the software so I'm using the CCP stuff. I have an MX-980 and for my base I have the MSC-400 which includes serial ports. I have that connected via serial to the HS machine so that serial commands can be sent from the base directly to the computer.
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

hello,

i want to use homeseer to listen to UDP Commands,

what do i need to fill in at the connection tab?

Greetz

Comment

Receive TCP from arduino

Hi ,
              I have an arduino that can send over Ethernet a string that contains parameters from my main AC counter.
              I have succeeded in retrieving this string in a Homeseer .asp page by having the arduino send :
              "GET /controlHS.aspx?teleinfo=long_string_of_params HTTP/1.1\r\n"

I now want to have the dhsrp plugin to retrieve the string ans pass it to a vb script.

What is the right syntax to send the "GET" message ?

Thanks
              Pierre
              Attached Files
              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Latest supported version?

Hi,

Cheryfool has posted the v21 plugin on the download page, but in this thread there is a v23 posted.

I was wondering which version is the latest supported version as I tried v23 and it is causing issues. Reverting to v21 solved them.

Kind regards.

Comment

Excellent!

What a great plugin, why is this not in the paid plugin's list?
                  I would purchase this in a heartbeat.

I will use this to interface with Command Fusion iViewer.

Thank you once again,
                  Anthony.

Comment

functionality with Zee S2?

All - drule's plug-in looks very interesting. I am new to HomeSeer and just got the Zee S2 controller which runs HS3pi. My home theater is fully controlled by iRule and I'd like to add lighting control there.

I saw reference to the plug-in working with Linux, but I didn't fully understand how to get it installed and running on the Zee S2. Has anyone done this and are there any tips you can give?

Key questions:
                    1. How to install on Zee S2: can I do it via the web interface on my desktop or do I need to connect a monitor/keyboard to the S2 to get it done?
                    2. "Device" to add to iRule to send triggers to Zee S2. I see iRule has MiCasaVerde, ISY, etc, but no specific one for HomeSeer.

If this has already been covered - my apologies.

Many thanks

Comment

I had hoped to be able to use drule’s IP plug-in, but that does not seem to be an option with the Hometroller Zee S2. I had seen reference by others to using JSON commands with iRule, but the discussion on how to do this was incomplete for a non-progammer. Here is a brief summary of how I got it to work.

In iRule, select the DEVICES tab on the right and click the drop-down arrow next to the search box to Create Item. Name it HomeSeer. In the lower left panel are the ‘Network Codes’ properties – select IP. Go back and right click Network Codes for the HomeSeer device and Add Device Code. In the lower left panel are the properties for the new code. Name it as you wish, eg, office_light_on. In the data field, type the JSON command. To simply turn a switch/lamp on or off, use:

JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=17&value=100

In this example, replace the ref ‘17’ with your device number (shown in HS3) and the value with what you want to do, where ‘0’ is off and ‘100’ (or ‘255’) is on. Values in between will dim if applicable.
                      Add separate device codes for each device and action. A full list of JSON commands may be found at:
                      http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm

Then add buttons to your panels and drag the device codes to assign actions to the buttons. Save your work.

Next, in the iRule app on your iPad etc, sync your handset. Then in Gateways, add a new HTTP gateway. I called mine HomeSeer. For the HTTP Devices, select HomeSeer (or whatever name you gave it in iRule Builder). Enter the IP address for your HomeSeer unit. I left the port as the default 80. Select the HTTP method as GET.

That’s it. You are ready to roll. Next I need to upgrade iRule and explore 2-way communication so I can get the switch/lamp status as well.
                      Last edited by docH; December 20, 2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Noob Questions

I'm in the process of migrating to HS3 and it looks like this plugin will help replace one I'm using on HS2.

First off, because I'm a NOOB with this plugin, is there documentation? The plugin thread says there are 2 files in the attached zip, but there is only one. An install/configure doc would be much appreciated.

Second, since I haven't found this yet in the various HS2 or HS3 threads, my real question -

I've configured 2 serial port connections that are working (I used a script here to log input bytes). These ports only will received data (RFID tag names). When I create an event, no connections appear in the trigger "Select Connections" field. Can I not trigger on serial receive?

Thanks, Merry Christmas, and apologies if the answers are somewhere in the previous threads.

Comment

I want to use the serial connections on the back of my Global Cache GC-100 to control other devices via serial. Can it be done with this plug-in? If so how do I set it up

Comment

Comment

Dave

You don't need an .ini file from the zip file to use this plugin. I was previously including my ini file as an example, but the plugin will create the file and store your settings in it as soon as you start adding conenctions or commands etc.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

IP / Serial Use with Lync6 Whole House Audio

Thank you for the quick response. I was able to install the .exe and ... well I now realize the size of my knowledge gap.... Please take a moment to look at the attached document and tell me if this plug-in is the correct solution for sending RS232 instructions to an HTD Lyn6 whole house audio system via an IP to Serial gateway...

I do not want to waste your time with nubie questions.

If this has potential I will dive into learning RS232 commands.

Thank you for your help.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X