No announcement yet.

IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to have this plugin receive IP commands?

So I could have C4 send commands to HomeSeer
    https://www.houselogix.com/shop/generic-tcp-command
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
      Is it possible to have this plugin receive IP commands?

So I could have C4 send commands to HomeSeer
      https://www.houselogix.com/shop/generic-tcp-command
      Yes, the plugin can do this. Setup a connection and specify either a TCP or UDP Host. Choose any unused port you like and then use those settings in HouseLogix.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
        Yes, the plugin can do this. Setup a connection and specify either a TCP or UDP Host. Choose any unused port you like and then use those settings in HouseLogix.

-David
        Great I will try this. This can be very interesting, I have a EA1 with the remote controller. And maybe I now will be able to use all multimedia properly. Harmony is not good enough as the API is not good enough.

Comment

Great I will try this. This can be very interesting, I have a EA1 with the remote controller. And maybe I now will be able to use all multimedia properly. Harmony is not good enough as the API is not good enough.
          Ok so I have tried but not sure if the HS part is correct.

Is this correct? Should I now be able to receive commands from C4? Should there not be created a device in HS for this or?
          And in C4 all I need to send is the "text" "Test" then this should be recognized?
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok so I have tried but not sure if the HS part is correct.

Is this correct? Should I now be able to receive commands from C4? Should there not be created a device in HS for this or?
            And in C4 all I need to send is the "text" "Test" then this should be recognized?
            The connection looks right. You don't need to create a command. Commands are only used for sending data. What you need next is an event, eg.:Click image for larger version

Name:	Event01.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1186502

-David

Comment

Ok good to know. But doesn't seem to get it working still.

Not sure which encoding type to choose, I tried all but doesn't seem to work.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok good to know. But doesn't seem to get it working still.

Not sure which encoding type to choose, I tried all but doesn't seem to work.
                Are there any entries from the plugin in the Homeseer log?

Comment

Are there any entries from the plugin in the Homeseer log?
                  This is the funny part the log is totally empty. So there is a problem with HS, I have reported this to HS. A log would be very usefull right now

Comment

This is the funny part the log is totally empty. So there is a problem with HS, I have reported this to HS. A log would be very usefull right now
                    You can also enable "developer mode" on the manage plugins page. This will cause the plugin to open a terminal window and there will be some logging entries there too.

-David

Comment

You can also enable "developer mode" on the manage plugins page. This will cause the plugin to open a terminal window and there will be some logging entries there too.

-David
                      After enabling this nothing happens. should there pop up a new window with terminal?

Comment

Disable them re-enable the plugin and it should spawn a window
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          Disable them re-enable the plugin and it should spawn a window
                          great well something is coming through but still not sure why nothing happens. Maybe i mixed the IP. That the IP in the connection should be from the C4 not the HS system
                          Attached Files

Comment

great well something is coming through but still not sure why nothing happens.
                            The address in the connection should be set to the ip address of your Control4 rather than of Homeseer. Try 192.168.1.17.

-David

Comment

The address in the connection should be set to the ip address of your Control4 rather than of Homeseer. Try 192.168.1.17.

-David
                              Yepp found that out It now works. I can have C4 send commands to HS to do things. Meaning I will now be able to use the C4 controller in HS

http://crowneaudio.com/assets/images...te-Control.png

Comment

I am having problems getting iRule feedback to work. I have set up everything as per instructions. I have an error in the log,
                                drhsIpPlugIn<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left">
                                </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> No TcpClients for iRule</td></tr></tbody></table>
                                I think that might be the problem

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X