IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
    I think that will be an excellent solution!
    PM me with your email address and I'll send you a link where you can grab it.

Comment

Screen Shot Triggering Event

David,

Since the Forums wont allow attachments - here is what triggers the Serial commands from the RFID.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mlconti View Post
        David,

Since the Forums wont allow attachments - here is what triggers the Serial commands from the RFID.
        I'm struggling to reproduce the problem here. I've created a simple event to send the same command:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bl1.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1187064
        and after enabling developer mode I run the event and get the following output in the plugin's debug window:
        Code:
        Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
        Connected, waiting to be initialized...
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Initialising
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Initializing connections:
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->   1 entries found in [Connections]
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->      [Connections] RTI
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Starting serial client for RTI on COM2
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->COM2 baud rate=9600
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->COM2 parity=None
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->COM2 data bits=8
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->COM2 stop bits=1
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->COM2 flow control=None
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->SerialPort COM2 successfully opened
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Initializing commands:
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->12 entries found in [Commands]
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->Initializing IR codes:
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->5 entries found in [IrCodes]
        9/14/2016 8:24:02 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->RegisterWebPage:-egName=drhsIpPlugIn_Config, sStatusPage=Config
        9/14/2016 8:24:19 AM:[drhsIpPlugIn]->SendSerial (RTI): sending 10 bytes
        If I connect another device to COM2 with an x-over cable, I see this in putty:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bl3.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	1187065

Can you post the contents of your debug log?

-David

Comment

Hello guys,

Quick question, where would I drop these files on a HomeTroller Zee using WinSCP?

Comment

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
            Hello guys,

Quick question, where would I drop these files on a HomeTroller Zee using WinSCP?
            You just need to drop the exe in the root HS3 folder. That's all. The .ini file is included for info purposes only and will be generated automatically when you start creating connections / commands etc
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
              You just need to drop the exe in the root HS3 folder. That's all. The .ini file is included for info purposes only and will be generated automatically when you start creating connections / commands etc
              This is what I'm seeing when connected to my HomeTroller Zee via WinSCP:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
                This is what I'm seeing when connected to my HomeTroller Zee via WinSCP:
                Yeah, I am not sure where HS3 is installed on a Zee. Search for 'homeseer' and it should become apparent.

You should find a folder somewhere that is named something like "HomeSeer HS3" or perhaps just "homeseer". Inside it you should find a bunch of other folders (bin, config, html etc etc) and several .exe files. The plugin needs to go in the root folder alongside the other .exe files.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                  Yeah, I am not sure where HS3 is installed on a Zee. Search for 'homeseer' and it should become apparent.

You should find a folder somewhere that is named something like "HomeSeer HS3" or perhaps just "homeseer". Inside it you should find a bunch of other folders (bin, config, html etc etc) and several .exe files. The plugin needs to go in the root folder alongside the other .exe files.
                  I actually just saw another post on a different topic which suggests that HomeSeer might be in: /usr/local/HomeSeer
                  cheeryfool

Comment

HomeTroller Zee S2 has the "home" HomeSeer catalog in:
                    Code:
                    /usr/local/HomeSeer/

Comment

Thanks guys.

Plugin showed up perfectly on my HomeTroller Zee after dropping the .exe on:

Code:
                      /usr/local/HomeSeer/

Comment

drule,

Do you know of anyone that has used this plugin to control weedtech.com boards?, I am having some trouble changing state of any ports on the boards, I tried with a solid state relay board, I setup the Com Port and was sending raw data "ASW00100[CR]" which should turn on relay 3 but nothing happens, is it correct to use [CR] to add a carriage return which the weedtech board needs? is that the correct syntax? Do you have any experience with these boards? I can see that my text message is getting to the board and the Header byte is correctly received because the red LED signals that my command was sent to a specific board on the stack. But the state won't change

Comment

Originally posted by juanvaldes View Post
                          drule,

Do you know of anyone that has used this plugin to control weedtech.com boards?, I am having some trouble changing state of any ports on the boards, I tried with a solid state relay board, I setup the Com Port and was sending raw data "ASW00100[CR]" which should turn on relay 3 but nothing happens, is it correct to use [CR] to add a carriage return which the weedtech board needs? is that the correct syntax? Do you have any experience with these boards? I can see that my text message is getting to the board and the Header byte is correctly received because the red LED signals that my command was sent to a specific board on the stack. But the state won't change
                          Try "ASW00100\r" as a C Escaped command.

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                            Try "ASW00100\r" as a C Escaped command.
                            That did it, thanks for all your work on this plugin, now I will try to read these boards. Thanks again

Comment

install instructions

Can you tell me where i can find instruction for installation and configurations. I am looking to use the pluggin to control TVs via my GC100 serial ports. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sjz26 View Post
                                Can you tell me where i can find instruction for installation and configurations. I am looking to use the pluggin to control TVs via my GC100 serial ports. thanks
                                There is no formal documentation for the plugin but reading through this thread should help you with most questions. To install you only needed to extract the .exe file and copy it to your HomeSeer directory. It will then appear on Plugins tab.

The first serial port on a Global Cache controller is accessed on tcp port 4999.

-David

Comment

Working...
                                X