• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Away Mode Random Lights

Away Mode Random Lights
    Discussion here:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...34#post1146334

v1.1
    Provides simulated random control of lights and appliances to simulate a lived in look while away or on vacation. Schedule is configurable and very flexible.
    Configuration of entire schedule is accomplished within a single web page, avoiding the need to manage numerous separate Homeseer events.

v1.2
    Corrected some date/time interpretation problems due to regionalization.
    Added an optional Debug mode
    Added Date/Time format tests
    Added Device Exists test
    Added delay formatting checks.

Added exception handling for any remaining unexpected errors.
    HS3 version now available.

- Time now displayed in AM/PM format rather then 24 hour format. Should be easier to read.
    - Time can be entered in various formats including 24 hour (ex. 1300, 13:00, 1:00PM All evaluate to 1:00 PM. 1:00 and 100 will evaluate to 1:00 AM) and will be displayed in AM/PM format.
    - Fixed a problem where On/Off actions entered with lower case characters caused a problem.

- Documentation updated. The older file "Away Mode Random Lights.txt" should be deleted from your \Docs folder if a previous version had been used.
    - Off delay can be defined with an immediate On action.
    - Day field can remain blank for action on ALL days.

- Facilitates the automatic collection of actual Light device usage and generates a schedule automatically.
    - There is a minor bug in some HS3 versions which renders the page header useless. This version makes the HS Page header optional on the included web page. If you find this to be the case, simply configure the option in the config file. The default is to display the page header.
    - Optionally creates the two events required to run this package. Event creation is automatic the first time a new schedule is configured on the web page. To disable this function and create the events manually, edit the appropriate Option in the config file. Instructions are in the PDF documentation.
    - Documentation has been extensively updated with new information.

- Fixed a problem where MinOn and MaxOn were both being calculated incorrectly.
    - Optimized Data collection to produce a more compact result.
    - The hour 12AM was being sorted in schedules out of order. Fixed.
    - Since compiling the automatically generated schedules can take some time, added hs.WaitEvents at strategic points in the process.

While I have tested this package inside and out over a period of weeks, I'd still suggest backing up your original configuration file, data file, web page file and script file before installing this version. Please report any problems you might encounter. Managing two versions simultaneously sometimes leads to mistakes.

Adds the much anticipated "Season" functionality.
    Most everything is described in the documentation included but a few things need to me mentioned.

- The Data Folder has moved. When you extract the archive, find the new folder at \Data\Away Mode Random Lights\ (previously \Data\RandomLights).

- There are a number of changes made in the Configuration File (Away Mode Random Lights.Ini) so pay attention to those.

- DISABLE the recurring events associated with the script before installing this version. Re-enable once your configuration is complete.

- Your original data files are compatible and will be converted the first time you edit the schedules. This is the preferred method to make the conversion.
    In order to use your existing file, rename it to RandomLights_Season_1.csv,
    Later, you can if you like. make as many copies of the file as you need, numbered to correspond to the seasons you've defined.
    An initial Season 1 is already defined covering the entire year to get you started.

- The program will if you like, automatically generate data files for each defined season and can do so without intervention if you've enabled that option (see doc). Depending on the number and span of the seasons you define, this process may not entirely complete for one year, but don't fret... it's as designed. This will occur at any time the calendar enters a new season for which a data file is not already present. In the absence of a valid data file, a default season, Season_0 will be used. It would be a good idea to make a copy of your original file and name it RandomLights_Season_0.csv

- A Home/Away Device you've designed with On/Off Status can be used by the program to determine when random schedules should be executed. This is optional.

- Delayed events will be deleted automatically within one minute of your return home (so long as the Home/Away device is defined). This will eliminate surprises with lights turning on or off unexpectedly.

I think that's about it. More details are included in the DOC.

1.9.8 BEtA included for HS3 test purposes at this time. Only the script files included at this time. Use at your own risk. I'll post the full HS2/HS3 package at a later date.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wadenut; January 5, 2018, 05:29 AM. Reason: update
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Greg - BTW all of the other install docs from HomeSeer scripts and plugins install in the Docs folder, you've got yours going to the Doc folder...

FWIW
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Thanks Greg!... nice touch to my HS2 system.

Rob
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
        Greg - BTW all of the other install docs from HomeSeer scripts and plugins install in the Docs folder, you've got yours going to the Doc folder...

FWIW
        I'd like to blame a sticky keyboard for this one but it was a case of PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard). Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it and re-up.
        Edit: Done

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Thanks Greg!... nice touch to my HS2 system.

Rob
          Thought it might be. I'd do an HS3 version but it isn't possible to do the delayed events.

Comment

Incidentally, discussion belongs in the other thread.

Comment

Trying to download the file, however it downloads as "attachment.php" not a zip!
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                Trying to download the file, however it downloads as "attachment.php" not a zip!
                Just tried d/l'ing both here. Worked fine in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  Hmm, ok, Win8 forced upgrade to 8.1 does not like it.

I will try using TOR and if that fails an XP machine.

Thanks for confirming the link is OK.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                    Thanks, got it downloaded using TOR after it warned me about how unsecure this web site is. got it will try it tomorrow.

Thanks again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X