Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away Mode Random Lights

Away Mode Random Lights.
    Simulates a lived in look in the home while away or on vacation using a pseudo random schedule based on time of day and day of week.

Script is here:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...32#post1146332
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, how do you edit / create ash file? I've not run across this file type before.

Comment

Originally posted by ameridan View Post
      Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, how do you edit / create ash file? I've not run across this file type before.
      It's an encoded asp file made with HS's script encoder.

Comment

Greg,

I had a moment to test you script. I merely updated the first entry with my device name, then later the code and time specifying to turn off. Nothing happened
        The reoccuring even runs your script.

I'm I attempting this incorrectly?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Greg,

I had a moment to test you script. I merely updated the first entry with my device name, then later the code and time specifying to turn off. Nothing happened
          The reoccuring even runs your script.

I'm I attempting this incorrectly?
          Did you include the device's location? Ie: Location1 + Name
          Try the device's code instead.

I suppose I could build in some checks like device existence.

Comment

Yup... tried both. In my case, Kitchen Counter or B6
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Alright. I see the (probable) problem.
              I was in the process of adding some logging when I realized the script uses the date format Month Day Year. If your machine is set to use any other date format, things will definitely go south. I should have thought of this. It should be fixed later today.

Comment

Don't want to pinch any balloons and i must say that i give a big thumbs up for making a script but there is a plugin in the updater called PowerTrigger and that one can also do random triggers between a set time frame and with a change that the event might occure.

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                  Don't want to pinch any balloons and i must say that i give a big thumbs up for making a script but there is a plugin in the updater called PowerTrigger and that one can also do random triggers between a set time frame and with a change that the event might occure.
                  Granted, but can either schedule any number of devices On/Off/Dim using a single Homeseer event?

Comment

@Robert: I have the bugs out, added optional logging of activities and added action verification and device exists verification.

I want to see about scheduling the main event to run only when necessary instead of every minute, then I'm done.
                    Edit: Not sure this is going to be possible, or at least reasonable.
                    Last edited by Wadenut; November 26th, 2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Robert, try the version I just uploaded.
                      Several fixes. See the script thread.

A note on the optional logging. This isn't going to be documented, but, all that's necessary is to add a schedule with the Day set to "Log". It's not necessary to add a time, device, etc. The script will log most activity, and tell us what's going on in the event of any more problems. To stop the logging, just delete that schedule.

Comment

Would be nice to add a hyper link to the instructions (txt file) on your config page.
                        Last edited by ameridan; November 26th, 2014, 12:12 PM. Reason: Attachment is fixed now

Comment

Would be nice to add a hyper link to the instructions (txt file) on your config page.
                          I'll look into that. Not a bad idea actually. The txt will be replaced with a pdf eventually.
                          At this point, I'm more interested that it works for everyone. I'd cobbled this up for my own use initially to replace 46 separate events.

Comment

I tried ver 1.1 out using OFF thinking that the 2nd delay would turn it back on (it didn't) but you don't need to fix this as that is probably not a normal condition. Other than that, it did function properly and delete the created events.

Comment

I tried ver 1.1 out using OFF thinking that the 2nd delay would turn it back on (it didn't) but you don't need to fix this as that is probably not a normal condition. Other than that, it did function properly and delete the created events.
                              No, it wouldn't. The assumption when using an On + Off delay was that the light would be initially off or even at a different dim level. So, you have an on delay, then a duration before turning it off. The second set of delay params will always schedule an "Off" event.
                              In case the current doc isn't clear, you can omit the second pair of delay fields. In that case, only one event will be scheduled... to either turn on or off (or change the dim level of) the light.

Good to hear the events creation/deletion is working for you though.

Comment

Working...
                              X