Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Away Mode Random Lights

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you very much for this great plugin!

    Can you please instruct how to view/execute the "ASP" page named "RandomLights HS3.ASH" so user can modify the schedule? For now, I'm connecting to the hometroller computer remotely and using Notepad to edit the file "RandomLights_Season_1.csv"

    thank you

    Comment


    • Sorry for the delay. I've been away from the board for some time. First, I think you may need to rename the file to RandomLights.ASH in order to use it.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

      Comment


      • I get this error in the log:
        May-22 22.27.42 Error Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Away Mode Random Lights\DeviceTracking.csv'.
        May-22 22.27.42 RandomLights Error reading the tracking data
        My csv file is called: RandomLights_Season_1.csv

        Anybody that know why?

        Thanks

        /Claus

        Comment


        • Let's start by looking at your configuration.
          Can you ZIP your Away Mode Random Lights.ini file (in the HS \Config folder) and post it here?
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            Let's start by looking at your configuration.
            Can you ZIP your Away Mode Random Lights.ini file (in the HS \Config folder) and post it here?
            Here you go.
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • I don't have an operational copy here myself at the moment having recently rebuilt my system, so we'll have to troubleshoot one step at a time.
              It's been some time since I've done anything with this script, but it looks like you've been in Recording Mode since April 30th. This state shouldn't last more than 7 full days if the script is run regularly (once per minute usually), after which a Season file should have been created, and the temporary collection file deleted (this is the file you seem to be missing in the middle of the collection phase).
              Since Daylight hours vary throughout the year, I'd also suggest defining at least four seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), with appropriate date ranges. You could define as many as 52 seasons, one for each week of the year. Personally, I used 26 two week period seasons (Season_1 to Season_26). I know, the word 'Seasons' turned out to be a bit of a misnomer.

              Do you have a file called something like \Data\Away Mode Random Lights\RandomLights_Season_1.csv ?


              If you do have that file, and it appears to contain a complete set of data, I'd suggest this:
              In the INI File, under the DATA section, set the following:

              StartTime=
              Counted=0
              Compiling=
              Recording =False
              EditFile=1
              LastEdit=5/1/2019 12:00:00 PM
              .
              If not, then delete that file if it exists, and \Data\Away Mode Random Lights\DeviceTracking.csv if it exists.
              This should enable you to start from scratch. This might be the best idea in any case.

              Note: It is important that the script be allowed to run uninterrupted during the recording phase.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                I don't have an operational copy here myself at the moment having recently rebuilt my system, so we'll have to troubleshoot one step at a time.
                It's been some time since I've done anything with this script, but it looks like you've been in Recording Mode since April 30th. This state shouldn't last more than 7 full days if the script is run regularly (once per minute usually), after which a Season file should have been created, and the temporary collection file deleted (this is the file you seem to be missing in the middle of the collection phase).
                Since Daylight hours vary throughout the year, I'd also suggest defining at least four seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), with appropriate date ranges. You could define as many as 52 seasons, one for each week of the year. Personally, I used 26 two week period seasons (Season_1 to Season_26). I know, the word 'Seasons' turned out to be a bit of a misnomer.

                Do you have a file called something like \Data\Away Mode Random Lights\RandomLights_Season_1.csv ?


                If you do have that file, and it appears to contain a complete set of data, I'd suggest this:
                In the INI File, under the DATA section, set the following:

                StartTime=
                Counted=0
                Compiling=
                Recording =False
                EditFile=1
                LastEdit=5/1/2019 12:00:00 PM
                .
                If not, then delete that file if it exists, and \Data\Away Mode Random Lights\DeviceTracking.csv if it exists.
                This should enable you to start from scratch. This might be the best idea in any case.

                Note: It is important that the script be allowed to run uninterrupted during the recording phase.
                I have the RandomLights_Season_1.csv file. But it is 0 kb. I dont have DeviceTracking.csv. How is that generated?

                Thanks

                Comment


                • The device tracking file is generated when the current "Season" has expired and no file exists for the current season. It's deleted once the new season file is compiled.
                  I don't know how you've gotten into this situation, but the solution will be:
                  1 - Stop the Events associated with this script. I believe there were two events.
                  2 - Delete the Season_1 file.
                  3 - Edit your INI as I'd instructed above but set Recording = TRUE

                  I'd also suggest the following edits:
                  [Seasons]
                  Season1 = Spring|03/21|06/20 {This would be March 21 to June 20}
                  Season2 = Summer|06/21|09/20 {This would be June 21 to September 20 }
                  Season3 = Fall|09/21|12/20 {This would be September 21 to December 20}
                  Season4 = Winter|12/21|03/20 {This would be December 21 to March 20 }
                  (You can adjust the dates or add new seasons as you like. Just make sure the date ranges don't overlap; there was no check for this in the script)

                  4 - Make sure the device names you've defined in the ini DO exist by name (Including Location 1 (Floor or whatever you've used to define that in your system). If there are no exact matches you'll likely end up with an empty file.
                  5 - Re-enable the events.

                  The tracking phase will run for seven days and begin to build the DeviceTracking.csv file, provided your defined devices do exist. DO NOT EDIT this file. Each time one of your devices changes state during your defined times of day, an entry is made in this file and later used to create Away Mode events.
                  After the seven day period, the Season_1 file should be compiled and the DeviceTracking file will be deleted after which time the script will begin to control your devices..
                  Once that file has been created, you'll be able to edit it using the ASP page.

                  This is all from memory as, as I've said, it's been more than two years since I've looked at this and I don't currently have the script installed on my systems. It may be a while before I can do so to try to duplicate your situation.

                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                    The device tracking file is generated when the current "Season" has expired and no file exists for the current season. It's deleted once the new season file is compiled.
                    I don't know how you've gotten into this situation, but the solution will be:
                    1 - Stop the Events associated with this script. I believe there were two events.
                    2 - Delete the Season_1 file.
                    3 - Edit your INI as I'd instructed above but set Recording = TRUE

                    I'd also suggest the following edits:
                    [Seasons]
                    Season1 = Spring|03/21|06/20 {This would be March 21 to June 20}
                    Season2 = Summer|06/21|09/20 {This would be June 21 to September 20 }
                    Season3 = Fall|09/21|12/20 {This would be September 21 to December 20}
                    Season4 = Winter|12/21|03/20 {This would be December 21 to March 20 }
                    (You can adjust the dates or add new seasons as you like. Just make sure the date ranges don't overlap; there was no check for this in the script)

                    4 - Make sure the device names you've defined in the ini DO exist by name (Including Location 1 (Floor or whatever you've used to define that in your system). If there are no exact matches you'll likely end up with an empty file.
                    5 - Re-enable the events.

                    The tracking phase will run for seven days and begin to build the DeviceTracking.csv file, provided your defined devices do exist. DO NOT EDIT this file. Each time one of your devices changes state during your defined times of day, an entry is made in this file and later used to create Away Mode events.
                    After the seven day period, the Season_1 file should be compiled and the DeviceTracking file will be deleted after which time the script will begin to control your devices..
                    Once that file has been created, you'll be able to edit it using the ASP page.

                    This is all from memory as, as I've said, it's been more than two years since I've looked at this and I don't currently have the script installed on my systems. It may be a while before I can do so to try to duplicate your situation.
                    It seams to be working. I will leave it running.

                    Thanks a lot

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X