Away Mode Random Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress report.
    Originally when I added the automatic schedule generation; due to all my lights being controlled by motion sensors, any movement within the house generated a new schedule. I ended up with over 1250 schedules.
    Some of these occurred daily and could be consolidated into an every day event. Others, after randomizing the times, created schedules that would overlap the next event on the same light. By combining these and adjusting the On duration accordingly, I'm now down to just over 300 schedules controlling 19 lights for the total span of 7 days, 12 hours a day.
    Very happy with this.

Now time to think about the seasonal upgrade before I dive into it.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Season mod seems to be working well. Just started one more tracking phase (to run without interference through to final compilation). If all goes well, I can post the update.

Comment

Greig,
        I'd been using one of the older(early) versions of your script and just upgraded to the latest one.
        A few questions about Events - Away Mode Random Lights and Away Mode Random Lights Tracking.
        1. So if you want to put your own schedule in on the Scheduling Page and want this script to work you just need to enable the event Away Mode Random Lights?
        2. The IF condition in the event Away Mode Random Lights is blank. Is it supposed to be this way?

3. With regard to "It will be desirable to add a condition to this event, such that the event runs only when the home is not occupied" from your manual. Sorry for this perhaps dumb question but how do you do this if I want to manually enable the Random Mode when I go on vacation. I'm using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.152.

Thanks in advance!
        Attached Files
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

re #1 It's an HS3 bug. I believe this is the one I'd reported via Bugzilla and recently did receive notification that it had been fixed in the latest beta (bug 2474). I haven't verified this as yet, but Rich said it so it must be so.

re #2 This would be done by editing the event via the HS event editor and adding whatever conditions work in your situation. You could create a device called "Vacation", and use its status as the event condition to effectively enable/disable the event.

I had been working on a later version which included seasonal scheduling. I'm not sure where that stands at the moment; I believe it is working, but I'd put it aside until I could create a few sets of schedules based on actual daylight conditions through several seasons. Should be ready to go soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            re #1 It's an HS3 bug. I believe this is the one I'd reported via Bugzilla and recently did receive notification that it had been fixed in the latest beta (bug 2474). I haven't verified this as yet, but Rich said it so it must be so.

I had been working on a later version which included seasonal scheduling. .
            Thanks Greig!
            Re #1- I don't want to upgrade to the latest HS3 due to fear of new unknown bugs. In general the current HS ver works now and I don't have time to deal with any freak bug( if any).
            So what should the IF statement been in this event?

Looking forward to the seasonal scheduling version. Would you be able to upgrade to the new version without having to re-input the lighting schedule.
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
              Thanks Greig!
              Re #1- I don't want to upgrade to the latest HS3 due to fear of new unknown bugs. In general the current HS ver works now and I don't have time to deal with any freak bug( if any).
              So what should the IF statement been in this event?

Looking forward to the seasonal scheduling version. Would you be able to upgrade to the new version without having to re-input the lighting schedule.
              As I recall, if you simply do an edit on the event, clicking on the condition, it will show up. Not to worry otherwise; even though the condition isn't showing, it is present and working as it should.

I tend to agree re upgrading HS3. I think it's going to be a long road to completion. Once my current "new" schedule is completed, I'll do an upgrade and see what happens. My HS3 is only running on a test machine so I'll have no worries about consequences.

I just looked at my latest version of the script this morning. Actually had to re-learn how to use it. The seasons are configured it seems and I had created a winter schedule using this version. Just started generating a "Spring" schedule, so it'll be a week before that's completed.

Comment

Thanks Again!
                Tom

Comment

It would appear the Season Tracking/Scheduling function is good to go. I've tested two season cycles now (out of the four I've configured) under HS2. The HS3 version is identical except where device functions are concerned, and this portion is already tested thoroughly. I'll need to check and update the documentation now, then pack it up and post the new version. This should be, in all respects, backward compatible with previously generated schedule files.

Comment

Great!

Tom
                    Tom

Comment

Hi Greg,
                      Your scripts are just what I was looking for and I am getting used to how they work. However, I have a problem with V1.7 HS2.

No matter how I try to enter an AM time it gets set to PM and the only way I have found round it is to edit the .csv file.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers
                      Stewart

Comment

I've not seen a problem myself. Just tried entering a schedule for "8:00 AM". Worked fine.
                        I believe the script will accept 24 hour format, ie. 0800 for 8 AM, or 2000 for 8 PM. Maybe try that.
                        Other than that, it's going to be some time before I can get back to this project. 1.19 still needs to be documented before I can post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart Baker View Post
                          Hi Greg,
                          Your scripts are just what I was looking for and I am getting used to how they work. However, I have a problem with V1.7 HS2.

No matter how I try to enter an AM time it gets set to PM and the only way I have found round it is to edit the .csv file.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers
                          Stewart
                          How did you make out? I'm somewhat concerned about this. I can understand a potential for an issue with the Date field as there are some conversions between date formats, but there is very little done with the Time of Day field except for conversion from 24 hour format to 12 Hour. Perhaps I need to add some checks there.
                          For interest sake, can you provide an example of how you enter the time (0800 08:00 AM, 8 AM, 8:00 AM, 800, etc.)?

Comment

Hey Greig, have you had a chance to finish up the seasonal change version. Just realized that it wasn't released in the previous version. Thanks

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                            It would appear the Season Tracking/Scheduling function is good to go. I've tested two season cycles now (out of the four I've configured) under HS2. The HS3 version is identical except where device functions are concerned, and this portion is already tested thoroughly. I'll need to check and update the documentation now, then pack it up and post the new version. This should be, in all respects, backward compatible with previously generated schedule files.
                            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                              Hey Greig, have you had a chance to finish up the seasonal change version. Just realized that it wasn't released in the previous version. Thanks
                              To be honest, I thought I had posted it. I'll try to find some time in the next few days and put that together. I'm confident it works. What I don't remember off hand is whether it will convert your file for you or if I did that manually here.

Comment

Take your time, and thanks.
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X