Z-Wave Lock Events Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Give the attached a try. Rename it to doorlock.vb.

Cheers
    Al
    Sparkman - THANKS!!! - this is working pretty well even though it was my first ever script plug in!

It emails all events if I plug in here perfectly even with my new edits. QUESTION: User 1005 Clark shows in log if code is input to UNLOCK. But in LOCK log, simply shows up as (22). Yale numbers their unlock user codes to unlock code (1005) plus 17 minus 1000 = 22

Case 22 'Clark(1005) locked
    Alert = "Clark locked front door."
    Case 1005 'Clark(1005) unlocked
    Alert = "Clark unlocked front door."
    Case 140 'Deadbolt Jammed
    Alert = "did not lock properly."
    Is there a way to have script reflect in actual log that Jim unlocked door - currently it just shows Jim(1002) or (19) with no reference to lock or unlock

If there was a way to assign a second number to persons for unlocking, that would solve things too. Perhaps like this:
    Case 1002
    Person = "Jim Unlocked"
    Case 19
    Person = "Jim Locked"
    Case 1003
    Person = "Krista"
    Case 1004
    Person = "Graedon"
    Case 1005
    Person = "Clark Unlocked"
    I have attached a lock log for you to see what I mean.
    Now to try and get this log window to display in HS3Touch
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
      Sparkman - THANKS!!! - this is working pretty well even though it was my first ever script plug in!

It emails all events if I plug in here perfectly even with my new edits. QUESTION: User 1005 Clark shows in log if code is input to UNLOCK. But in LOCK log, simply shows up as (22). Yale numbers their unlock user codes to unlock code (1005) plus 17 minus 1000 = 22

Case 22 'Clark(1005) locked
      Alert = "Clark locked front door."
      Case 1005 'Clark(1005) unlocked
      Alert = "Clark unlocked front door."
      Case 140 'Deadbolt Jammed
      Alert = "did not lock properly."
      Is there a way to have script reflect in actual log that Jim unlocked door - currently it just shows Jim(1002) or (19) with no reference to lock or unlock

If there was a way to assign a second number to persons for unlocking, that would solve things too. Perhaps like this:
      Case 1002
      Person = "Jim Unlocked"
      Case 19
      Person = "Jim Locked"
      Case 1003
      Person = "Krista"
      Case 1004
      Person = "Graedon"
      Case 1005
      Person = "Clark Unlocked"
      I have attached a lock log for you to see what I mean.
      Now to try and get this log window to display in HS3Touch
      Glad it's working for you. Yes, your last suggestion is exactly what's needed. I've attached an updated script including that.

Cheers
      Al
      Last edited by sparkman; May 28, 2015, 07:04 PM. Reason: Removed attachment. Attachment in first post has been updated to support Yale locks
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al, I was eventually able to get this working but it took a while since HS3 stopped processing events on me for almost a day until I figured out that was the case. Once I restarted (actually had to kill it) HS3 the events started processing again and then I could concentrate on getting this working. So thanks for your help.

Comment

Here's the Schlage BE469 series
          Attached Files
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Script has been updated to support Schlage & Yale locks. The script is in the first post.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Script has been updated. See Post #1 for the new file and details. The script now requires 4 parameters rather than 3. The 4th parameter is the lock type which allows the script to be used if you have more than one brand/type of lock.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Why did Hs3 stop processing events - I'm in same boat and can't figure it out?

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
                Al, I was eventually able to get this working but it took a while since HS3 stopped processing events on me for almost a day until I figured out that was the case. Once I restarted (actually had to kill it) HS3 the events started processing again and then I could concentrate on getting this working. So thanks for your help.
                I entered event as it appears in 1st post. I can run it manually and it works. But it doesn't fire when I change the lock notification...ideas?
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
                  I entered event as it appears in 1st post. I can run it manually and it works. But it doesn't fire when I change the lock notification...ideas?
                  Sorry, looks like I missed your post. Did you get this resolved? If not, can you post the screenshot of your lock's notification device's advanced tab and status graphics tab as well as a screenshot of your event?

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

The doorlock script has been updated significantly and can be downloaded from Post#1: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...47&postcount=1. Instructions are there as well.

The main changes are:
                    • The logging is now done to a SQLite database file, rather than text files. This eliminates the file locking issues in previous versions.
                    • All configuration parameters are now in an INI file, rather than in the script itself.
                    • All configuration parameters can be configured from a web page (or manually in the INI file).
                    • Needed files are created automatically, no need to create manually anymore.
                    • More flexibility on which lock events you get notified for.
                    • Supports any kind of lock with a notification device. No need for customization for specific locks.

If you are migrating from a previous version, then:
                    • Make a copy of your current doorlock.vb file so that you can reference the configuration settings in it.
                    • Update the event(s) that call the script to just pass a single parameter to it (the Door Name).

Please post comments, questions, etc. in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174916.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Were do I find the attachment ???

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                        Were do I find the attachment ???
                        Odd shows up for me only when I use the link embedded on page 21 of the other post..

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post

Odd shows up for me only when I use the link embedded on page 21 of the other post..
                          It's in the first post and I can see it there, but there seems to be a permissions issue as some can see it and some cannot. macromark, can you see what is wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-21 092708.png
Views:	393
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1435218

Comment

I'm also not able to see it. I was able to a few years ago. Is there another way to get it until they can get the permission issue resolved?

Thanks

Comment

I've uploaded script to one of my VPSes [purged] temporarily, so you can at least grab it for now.

[edit]: sparkman if permission issue takes longer and you need access for users I'd happily put it back, got like 50TB/mo bandwidth so it won't exactly hurt me.

Comment

Thanks a bunch. I got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X