Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

THIS PLUGIN IS NOT FINISHED/FULLY FUNCTIONAL YET!

I've been working on and off on this plugin for some time and haven't quite found the time to finish it off. However, a couple of people have expressed an interest in seeing where I have got to so far, so I'm posting this as an early/test release.

Right now the plugin can read data from the thermostat, including Heat & Cool Setpoints, Room Temperature and Operating Mode. You can create events that trigger according to these values. However, you cannot currently make changes to the thermostat from Homeseer. I've tested doing this in some separate code and hope to add this functionality to the plugin soon.

This plugin is intended to interface with Bryant Evolution and Carrier Infinity "Connex" thermostats. These thermostats communicate with webservers at either www.myevolution.bryant.com or www.myinfinity.carrier.com. Since my system is a Bryant, that is the only system I have been able to test with so far. If you have any other thermostat type, I have no idea if it will work or not but I'm happy to help if I can.

For this plugin to operate you do not need to have a System Access Module (SAM) and do not need to make any physical connections to your furnace. However, the myevolution/mycarrier web service should be enabled and running.

The plugin works by acting as a web proxy for the thermostat. Traffic between the thermostat and the web service is captured sent to Homeseer for processing.

To start, unzip drhsEvolution.exe from the attached zip file and copy it to your HS3 directory. Now you should see "drhsEvolution" listed on the interfaces page and can start it.

By default the plugin will listen for connections on port 8081. You can change this in the plugin's config page if required.

Next you will need to configure your thermostat to use a web proxy to communicate with the web service.

Select "wireless" from the thermostat's menu:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0528.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	1207313

Then "Wi-Fi setup":

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0529.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	1207312

Then "advanced settings":

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0530.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	1207311

And finally "proxy settings":

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0527.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	1207314

Here you will need to enter the ip address of your HS3 server and change the proxy port to 08081. On my system I found that entering the FQDN instead of the ip address did not work. YMMV.

The thermostat should attempt to communicate with the web service approximately once a minute. The first time the plugin sees traffic from a thermostat it will create appropriate Homeseer devices automatically. If you don't see any devices created within a minute or two, check these settings and also check that Windows Firewall, or iptables, isn't blocking port 8081.

Chances are that you are going to want to send me some debug info if you run into any difficulties using this plugin. If so, on the plugin's config page there is an option to enable enhanced debugging. When this is enabled, a log file of web traffic between the thermostat and the web service is written to drhsEvolution.txt in the HS3/Logs directory. Please be ready to send me parts of this log. :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	config.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	1207315

-David

Discussion thread is located here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...47#post1163747

Version 0.0.0.2: (changes to proxy timings)
    Version 0.0.0.3: (more proxy changes, additional png files, handle some extra messages)
    Version 0.0.0.4: (not released)
    Version 0.0.0.5: (interim test release, can now change heat/cool setpoints and operating mode)

[ATTACH]n1271486[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by drule; December 31, 2018, 05:05 PM.

Hi David,
    I just loaded your plugin, Thanks for the work on this.
    It created the devices, but does not seam to update them.
    All setpoints are at 0, and activity is away, and mode is OFF.
    I presume it has communication as the devices did get created, correct?
    I attached the log for you
    Attached Files

Comment

David,
      I am also missing the .png's for the Activity, Mode Status, and Thermostat Mode.

Comment

Wondering if there are any updates for this plugin? Struggling with Infinitude, but it may be more my thermostat related.
        -Rick

Comment

Thanks for your work on this. Carrier has broken the Alexa skill and Im stuck with no thermostat in Homeseer. Please could you finish this plugin there will be money involved with this.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
            Thanks for your work on this. Carrier has broken the Alexa skill and Im stuck with no thermostat in Homeseer. Please could you finish this plugin there will be money involved with this.
            Hi,
            Any update on this plugin?
            Thanks!

Comment

Make sure your firmware is up to date! Ive since resolved my Alexa problem by manually updating Infinity Touch.

Comment

drule is the only one to complete this, what say you drule?

Comment

+1 for such a plug-in or awareness of an alternative.

Comment

Im confused as to why a major company as Carrier is not more popular. A plugin for homeseer is needed.

Comment

+1 I thought for sure there would be a plugin. What am I missing?

Comment

No word from dRule? I am using another of his plugins and it works well. I wish this one was completed.
                        Last edited by avpman; March 5, 2022, 12:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello can you help me with the plugin?
                          I'm struggling to get it to work. I've read the logs and the thermostat never connects. Does this still work.
                          I'm running hs3

Comment

If you get to a dead end or desire to not purchase the SAM module then look to infinitude. I know of users who have integrated Carrier/Bryant using this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              If you get to a dead end or desire to not purchase the SAM module then look to infinitude. I know of users who have integrated Carrier/Bryant using this approach.
                              I have a touch type thermostat. According to the Infinitude docs on github I need something different.
                              Infinitude does not control thermostats via the RS485 bus at this time. RS485 communication is optional, and read only. Serial-based control of some older non-touch thermostats is provided by the Infinitive project

Comment

Working...
                              X